“No Bueno”
Review of Pancho Villa's

Pancho Villa's
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Jackpot
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Part of Cactus Pete's Casino which is across the street from the restaurant. Does not give a "real address"
Reviewed August 5, 2015

Not wanting the buffet, we decided to eat at Pancho's for dinner. My wife and I both enjoy good Mexican food. The room is tucked in the back of the Horseshu casino. It used to be a coffee shop diner, but they added a few new decorations, and poof, it's now a Mexican Restaurant.

Upon being seated, we were brought a very large bowl partially filled with a few measly chips, and a cup of bland salsa. The waiter was young and acted inexperienced, and although there were only two other couples eating (and at least a second waiter,) we had to request simple things (water, hotter salsa) several times before being served.

I ordered guacamole prepared table-side for an appetizer. The guacamole came already made straight from the kitchen. And no chips, which we were out of at this point. I had to order more chips to go with the guacamole since they were not offered.

My wife ordered a taco salad, which was unspectacular (kindly said.) I ordered skirt steak cooked charred red. Upon serving my plate, the waiter said that the cook couldn't prepare it charred red, and I pretty much had to eat it the way they make it. The meat was plentiful, but under-cooked and under-seasoned which makes skirt steak very chewy with a lack of taste. And there was no char at all!

I should have complained many times, but I wanted to keep a positive attitude since the following day was our anniversary. Just a very disappointing meal.

Reviewed July 20, 2015

We have eaten here before and loved it!!! This time the food wasn't cooked right, the server was rude and didn't try to help when asked about food and drinks etc.
The only good thing about this trip is a supervisor for Cactus Pete's was there who overlooks the restaurants,named Keith and we told him our complaint- we had others but specifically the one of my food not being prepared right and the servers attitude... Keith had the server apologize (he acted like he didn't even know why he should), and comped the meal which was very generous of him and keeps our faith that this restaurant will be what it once was..evidently it needs more supervision?

Reviewed June 30, 2015

We have eaten here before and liked it and this time was no different. We even waited for them to open for over an hour. The table side guacamole is fantastic! As is all the dishes we have tried. Although we don't drink the margaritas looked very good, being served in large stemware. The place is small so the noise level is low. Nice wait staff who do a great job. Really enjoyed our evening meal there again.

Reviewed April 6, 2015

Nice Mexican theme restaurant. The service was good and the food very authentic. Would recommend if you like Mex food.

Reviewed March 20, 2015

We have been on a 3 month trip to the southwest and thought Tucson would be the best place for an Mexican meal-NO! We reviewed several sites on the best Mexican restaurant and was told Wisdom, AZ was it. We found Wisdom Café the absolute worst restaurant we have experienced- bad service, high prices and deplorable and tasteless food. On the way back home we stopped at our normal overnight place, Jackpot, Nv. and, for the first time, went to Pancho Villas...What can I say but this is the BEST Mexican food ever! Service awesome, price reasonable, clean, food the best, atmosphere really great..all in all a place we would recommend to anyone that loves Mexican food