“Friendly, Delicious, Generous”

Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Jackpot
Boise, Idaho, USA
“Friendly, Delicious, Generous”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This great little cafe shouldn't be a secret! I don't think you can make a bad choice on the menu, everything I tried was delicious and prepared with care, and generously portioned. Loved the Ragtime Beefeater, and the biscuits and gravy for breakfast are awesome! Friends raved about the burgers, BLT's, Clubs, and French Toast. The menu states they bake from scratch, but everything seemed fresh from the kitchen, definitely nothing prepackaged and microwaved. Bring a hearty appetite, and/or enjoy what is often more than enough to take away for a later meal or snack.

Visited June 2012

Emmett, Idaho
“An average restaurant with friendly staff”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This would compare to an average cafe or diner. The food was good, but not exceptional. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Visited May 2012
Boise, Idaho
“Bad Service and even Worse Attitude”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Restaurant is located inside a small dirty casino. My husband and I "discovered" this dive (that actually serves tasty food) while passing through Jackpot, and have since eaten here 2-3 times. While the service hasn't ever been great, it was never as bad as on our most recent visit.
When we were handed our menus we were warned it would be a 15-20 min wait for our food, even though there were only a handful of other people in the place. While annoyed, we agreed and ordered anyways.
20 minutes came and went, and still no food. If we hadn't already ordered drinks we probably would have left. As I was growing increasingly impatient, my husband tried to calm me down saying that we would probably receive a discount on our meal or free dessert, ect.
After waiting almost 40 min total, DOUBLE the time we were told it would be, our food finally came. I brought up this fact to our waiter expecting at the VERY LEAST, an apology! Instead, he responded by glaring at me, shrugged, and said "Hey, if you don't want the food..." and glanced at the door, then stood there looking at us. We were both so shocked, we had no response, so he nodded his head once smugly as if to say, "that's what I thought!" then turned his back on us and left.
Needless to say, 10 seconds later after we'd recovered from our disbelief, we took him up on his suggestion, and walked out leaving our food untouched!
I've gotten better service at a McDonalds! The 40 min wait time was ridiculous of course, but then to not even apologize, and instead disrespect us like that, well, we most certainly will never be returning.

• Visited December 2011
4 Thank august16th08
Linden, New Jersey
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We're staying one night at the Four Jacks. We were going to stay away from the Ragtime after reading the reviews but we were given a coupon at check-in that provided $5 in nickels for filling out a survey after dining here, so we gave it a shot. The food was actually quite good (lasagna, fried chicken). The only waiter working was very friendly, if a little bit slow. Prices are a bit higher than you might expect for this kind of place in a low-roller casino but not outrageous (admittedly, I don't know what the other restaurants in town charge).

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank NightLion
idaho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“yuck”
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Don,t eat their biscuits and gravy . They are absolutely horrible, and while the prices have gone down at Bartons they,ve gone up at Ragtime.

1 Thank dinasob