“Beautiful Resort”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“Beautiful Resort”
Reviewed September 12, 2007

I traveled to the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe for a business trip. The Lobby is large and very well appointed, with a huge fireplace and lot's of cozy couches to lounge on. I found the Front Desk clerks very friendly and loved the glass of champagne I was offered at Check In. My Standard King Room was great. I enjoyed having a bench to put extra items and having a comfy chair to lounge in. The casino was nice and I even won a little money. The banquet and meeting rooms that were provided were excellant. Most of our meals during our 3 day stay were catered by the resort and I found the food excellant. I didn't get to enjoy the pool, but found it beautiful. We did have one evening that we had a dinner on the beach and thought the sunset was awesome. We did not have transportation, and was kindly welcomed to have one of the valets drive us to some local shopping. If I ever have the opportunity to visit the North Lake Tahoe area, I will no doubt stay at the Hyatt.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed September 11, 2007

My husband, son and I traveled to the Hyatt for a family business meeting. On the business side, everything was outstanding. We were provided a nice meeting room with all of the necessary and nice accoutrements. It was easy to find the meeting room due to the well marked rooms and the electronic message board in the lobby. The staff also helped arrange a private cookout on the shore of Lake Tahoe one evening. Fantastic food and of course, incredible surroundings.
Each family really enjoyed their trip to the Hyatt. The grounds are absolutely lovely. The property is split by a small road—larger villas/condos are nearest to the lake, along with a restaurant, and then the casino, spa, pools and hotel rooms are across the street (there is a foot bridge if you don’t wish to cross the road). We stayed in the hotel portion, overlooking the pools and gardens. The rooms were very nice and well-appointed, and quiet after the pool closed. Actually, noise never seemed to be an issue, even though the kids enjoyed the pools all day long. Great balconies.
We mainly ate at the casual Sierra Café when we ate at the hotel. It had a limited lunch and dinner menu (the food was fair/good). The food was best at breakfast. There was a good buffet, however, it was fairly expensive. The made to order items were excellent and much more affordable. Many of the servers, though friendly, did not speak sufficient English to understand orders, nor would they ask follow up questions if they didn’t understand. Several members of our group were charged incorrectly for the items consumed ($21 for a glass of milk), the wrong items were brought to them, or the wrong people were charged (the staff put several of my family members’ meals on my bill—never asking or verifying if the bill should be separate). It was often difficult to straighten out the issue, and most of us gave up.
The shore is fantastic. Very fun to spend the day under an umbrella on the beach, jet skiing and swimming. There is a limited menu at the café on the shore—it’s fine, though not great or worth the price. The spa is excellent. Several women in the group received facials and we found them to be quite good. A note—I have never received a facial from a man before. It was great—but if this matters to you, ask. Unlike other spas I've used, they did not tell me beforehand.
The casino was fine, a few of us won at slots, more at blackjack and video poker.
Valet parking was a little slow. I recommend self-parking after the first time when you get rid of your luggage.

• Liked — Natural beauty, great hotel/spa service
  • Disliked — Restaurant service
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank MikkoN
Mission, Texas
Reviewed September 7, 2007

We arrived on a Wednesday at 1:00 a.m. We were greeted warmly and given an upgrade because we were checking in late. The lobby looks awesome, however it smelled like smoke from the casino. Our room was awesome and the Regency club was pretty good too. Room service was fast and good as was the service in the casino. Everyone was very friendly! The restaurants were great- kinda expensive, however the atmosphere and food was worth it.

The pool and beach area were more than we expected. The sunsets were gorgeous! The floating bar is a good place to dip your toes and have a drink.

We have stayed in many Hyatt’s all over the world, and this one lived up to the standards we have been accustom to with Hyatt.

• Liked — the large range of stuff to do
  • Disliked — long drive from Reno
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Montreal, QC
Reviewed September 2, 2007

From what I can tell, there is no high quality lodging on Lake Tahoe. Plumpjack might be ok in winter, but in the summer Squaw Valley is dead and you're a ways from the lake. South Lake Tahoe is tacky. Incline Village itself is very nice, and the hotel's beach is great. This is a lot of what you're paying for. The Lone Eagle Grill is fantastic, if pricey. The hotel itself, though, leaves a lot to be desired. The foreign staff is young and inexperienced and while eager to help generally seemed clueless. That said, there were never enough bellman, front desk staff, waitresses, etc. I was also hoping that since the hotel only has a small casino, the atmosphere wouldn't be quite so down scale, but people were smoking in the hallways, and many were attired in t-shirts and flip-flops. The rooms were at best average, scratchy carpet and sheets. None of the rooms really have any view of the lake. I'd guess I'd stay here again simply because I don't think there are any better alternatives.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Wellesley, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 20, 2007

I recently stayed at this hotel for a family reunion at Lake Tahoe. I've stayed at other high-end hotels before. This hotel is not well-rounded in that every aspect of of experience screamed "high end" or "luxury." There were some things that I LOVED about the hotel and then other things that absolutely irritated me. I also do have much higher expectations for a high end hotel like this, I will note. So let's start with the annoying/dissappointing things: When I arrived in my room, the fan in the bathroom did not work. We asked the front desk to fix it and they promised to take care of it, but when we came back to our room at the end of the day, it was still broken. In addition, I noticed my cousin's room had bathrobes and I noticed ours did not, and had to ask for them. In addition, it seemed as if whenever I tried to have a meal at any of the meals at the hotel, I was jinxed. The first day, I ordered a salad for lunch. For the high price of the salad, I got this tiny measly soggy salad and sent it back to the kitchen. The next day, we went down for a lite breakfast and the sugar packets were soaking wet. Weird. However, with all this, I think what did win me over was the beach and pool. The beach is incredible and what's even nicer is that there was no charge for the use of beach chairs and towels. I wish I could have spent more time lounging at the beach, what a lovely locale. Also, the pool is very nice (though I myself did not go for dip, I hear it was great.) Also, where the actual hotel is situated is very very nice. Southern Lake Tahoe is extremely commercialized. Whereas the north side is much more low key and just seemed more relaxing. Another thing I was pleasantly surprised with was that the hotel seemed very busy, but in a good way. There were a good number of guests, and lots of families and some business travelers. I was surprised by this because of how pricey the hotel is. In addition, the concierge desk was very helpful and everyone I spoke with during my stay was friendly and courteous. And finally, I loved that at night, everywhere on the "campus" there are fire pits going with chairs around them, which made the place that much more "homey." Apparently, through room service, you can order a smores package, so you can roast marshmellows at any of the fire pits. Pretty neat. All in all, it was a nice stay, I was just a bit disappointed with the food and the level of service. I expected something a bit more for the price.

• Liked — The private beach
  • Disliked — Service not that great for a high end hotel
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank DLee1209
florida
Reviewed August 19, 2007

If you are going to stay in this area of Tahoe, rent a condo. This place was overpriced, needs total updating, the 'concierge" floor was a joke. Poor food. The staff tried, but many of them appeared to be quite inexperienced. The location was good...... however,
Hyatt needs to tear down, rebuild and reeducate their staff re: communication and service

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — poor food choices, needs total updating or tear down and rebuild, overpriced for quality of service/ conceirge floor a joke!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
San Diego
Reviewed August 14, 2007

If you're going to pay as much as we did for a hotel stay, you expect a certain level of service. Hyatt Lake Tahoe was such a disappointment. The valet was terrible!! I was not offered help with my bags and stroller not once, but TWICE! They just stood in a huddle chatting with each other. The cleanliness of the pool area was poor. The poolside bathroom was one of the most disgusting I've ever seen. Trash overflowing on the floor, wet towels piled up, wet toilet paper and globs of hair all over the floor. Turned me off from our first day. There were a few individuals who stood out as being friendly and helpful, but for the most part, we were very displeased with the level of service and it certainly wasn't worth what we paid. Could have done better elsewhere at that rate.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank tt999
Also consider these accommodations in or near Incline Village
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa

Been to Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino? Share your experiences!