“Lives up to Hyatt Standards”

Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Incline Village
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mission, Texas
“Lives up to Hyatt Standards”
Reviewed September 7, 2007

We arrived on a Wednesday at 1:00 a.m. We were greeted warmly and given an upgrade because we were checking in late. The lobby looks awesome, however it smelled like smoke from the casino. Our room was awesome and the Regency club was pretty good too. Room service was fast and good as was the service in the casino. Everyone was very friendly! The restaurants were great- kinda expensive, however the atmosphere and food was worth it.

The pool and beach area were more than we expected. The sunsets were gorgeous! The floating bar is a good place to dip your toes and have a drink.

We have stayed in many Hyatt’s all over the world, and this one lived up to the standards we have been accustom to with Hyatt.

• Liked — the large range of stuff to do
  • Disliked — long drive from Reno
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Montreal, QC
Reviewed September 2, 2007

From what I can tell, there is no high quality lodging on Lake Tahoe. Plumpjack might be ok in winter, but in the summer Squaw Valley is dead and you're a ways from the lake. South Lake Tahoe is tacky. Incline Village itself is very nice, and the hotel's beach is great. This is a lot of what you're paying for. The Lone Eagle Grill is fantastic, if pricey. The hotel itself, though, leaves a lot to be desired. The foreign staff is young and inexperienced and while eager to help generally seemed clueless. That said, there were never enough bellman, front desk staff, waitresses, etc. I was also hoping that since the hotel only has a small casino, the atmosphere wouldn't be quite so down scale, but people were smoking in the hallways, and many were attired in t-shirts and flip-flops. The rooms were at best average, scratchy carpet and sheets. None of the rooms really have any view of the lake. I'd guess I'd stay here again simply because I don't think there are any better alternatives.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Wellesley, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 20, 2007

I recently stayed at this hotel for a family reunion at Lake Tahoe. I've stayed at other high-end hotels before. This hotel is not well-rounded in that every aspect of of experience screamed "high end" or "luxury." There were some things that I LOVED about the hotel and then other things that absolutely irritated me. I also do have much higher expectations for a high end hotel like this, I will note. So let's start with the annoying/dissappointing things: When I arrived in my room, the fan in the bathroom did not work. We asked the front desk to fix it and they promised to take care of it, but when we came back to our room at the end of the day, it was still broken. In addition, I noticed my cousin's room had bathrobes and I noticed ours did not, and had to ask for them. In addition, it seemed as if whenever I tried to have a meal at any of the meals at the hotel, I was jinxed. The first day, I ordered a salad for lunch. For the high price of the salad, I got this tiny measly soggy salad and sent it back to the kitchen. The next day, we went down for a lite breakfast and the sugar packets were soaking wet. Weird. However, with all this, I think what did win me over was the beach and pool. The beach is incredible and what's even nicer is that there was no charge for the use of beach chairs and towels. I wish I could have spent more time lounging at the beach, what a lovely locale. Also, the pool is very nice (though I myself did not go for dip, I hear it was great.) Also, where the actual hotel is situated is very very nice. Southern Lake Tahoe is extremely commercialized. Whereas the north side is much more low key and just seemed more relaxing. Another thing I was pleasantly surprised with was that the hotel seemed very busy, but in a good way. There were a good number of guests, and lots of families and some business travelers. I was surprised by this because of how pricey the hotel is. In addition, the concierge desk was very helpful and everyone I spoke with during my stay was friendly and courteous. And finally, I loved that at night, everywhere on the "campus" there are fire pits going with chairs around them, which made the place that much more "homey." Apparently, through room service, you can order a smores package, so you can roast marshmellows at any of the fire pits. Pretty neat. All in all, it was a nice stay, I was just a bit disappointed with the food and the level of service. I expected something a bit more for the price.

• Liked — The private beach
  • Disliked — Service not that great for a high end hotel
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank DLee1209
florida
Reviewed August 19, 2007

If you are going to stay in this area of Tahoe, rent a condo. This place was overpriced, needs total updating, the 'concierge" floor was a joke. Poor food. The staff tried, but many of them appeared to be quite inexperienced. The location was good...... however,
Hyatt needs to tear down, rebuild and reeducate their staff re: communication and service

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — poor food choices, needs total updating or tear down and rebuild, overpriced for quality of service/ conceirge floor a joke!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
San Diego
Reviewed August 14, 2007

If you're going to pay as much as we did for a hotel stay, you expect a certain level of service. Hyatt Lake Tahoe was such a disappointment. The valet was terrible!! I was not offered help with my bags and stroller not once, but TWICE! They just stood in a huddle chatting with each other. The cleanliness of the pool area was poor. The poolside bathroom was one of the most disgusting I've ever seen. Trash overflowing on the floor, wet towels piled up, wet toilet paper and globs of hair all over the floor. Turned me off from our first day. There were a few individuals who stood out as being friendly and helpful, but for the most part, we were very displeased with the level of service and it certainly wasn't worth what we paid. Could have done better elsewhere at that rate.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank tt999
Folsom, CA
Reviewed August 12, 2007

My family and I live near Sacramento and all of us or sometimes my wife and her friends stay at this hotel. The Hyatt at Incline Village is near perfect. It is at a great location on certainly one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. The hotel is not stuffy like some upscale places. There are a few places to eat, a private beach, a smaller but fantastic casino, year-round heated outdoor pool, spa.. All the things that make a place a great place to stay. This is THE best place to stay in Tahoe by far. It might cost a little more but it is well worth it. A true resort but still close enough to South Lake Tahoe and Tahoe City to keep you busy. If someone is not happy with their stay here they would not be happy anywhere else in the Lake Tahoe area.

• Liked — All the facilities
  • Disliked — No lake view
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank nocalFolsom_CA
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 10, 2007

Ari Onaissas, billionaire husband of Jackie Kennedy would buy residences near his favorite public beaches in Greece so he could change into his swim trunks in a private setting. Otherwise the homes would sit quietly unused until the billionaire owner needed a day at the beach. Lake Tahoe perhaps has more than its share of private beaches than Greece, but in Incline Village you must be a resident or their guest to gain access to the two public beaches available. So view Hyatt Regency as your access to the best private beach at Incline Village. The price of the hotel will make you feel like a billionaire as well. The beach and floating dock are great as well as the supporting staff at the beach. However, the $10 umbrella drinks were poor and well watered down and took 30 minutes to arrive. The hotel is nice, but at $400/night I feel I should have Onaissas pocketbook for assistance. Check in was off to a rough start with a pimple faced young man who was more aggressive than understanding. I just asked a question about upgrading the room...
If you have kids(we didn't) this is a great place to wear them out. Camp Hyatt was visible outside our window (no balconey--front desk wanted another $50/night). All types of activities are available for the youngsters and believe me I grew tired just watching them. We liked the low key aspect of the Casino. Didn't eat at any of the restaurants, but will hightly recommend Austin across the street---great salads and martinis--outside seating preferred. Room was clean. Best thing was the fragrance in the room--wonderful herbal scent. Bed was very comfortable and no back ache after two nights. Great lobby area to sit and people watch. But all the amenities that SHOULD come with a $400 night hotel just are not there. No access to spa for sauna unless you pay. Valet parking extra. The $20/night resort fee basically gets you a 50 cent bottle of H2O. The champagne welcome (1 glass of Boone's Farm ) at 1:30PM gave us both a headache. No noise in the room except when the rug rats escaped their rooms and Mom or Dad had to recapture. Shower very ordinary. Bath amenities very nice.
We love Lake Tahoe. I have stayed several places along the Lake and prefer Incline Village above all others. There is nothing wrong with feeling like Ari Onaissas for a weekend. I will take a siff drink before opening the American Express statement next month.

• Liked — The Ari Onaissas style beach
  • Disliked — value was poor. High cost Low return
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Studio69
Also consider these accommodations in or near Incline Village
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa

Been to Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino? Share your experiences!