Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Parkside Inn at Incline(Incline Village)
Third Creek(Incline Village)
View Hotel
Club Tahoe Resort(Incline Village)
Tahoe Inn(Brockway)
  • Pool
View Hotel
7 Pines Motel(Kings Beach)
Big 7 Motel(Kings Beach)
2,574 results
All reviewsprivate beachfire pitlake tahoediamond peaklone eagle grillglass of champagnesierra cafethe main hotelnorth shorethe cottagesheated poolbeautiful propertyvalet parkingupon checklong weekendresort feemountain view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Our stay at this Hyatt was top-knotch -- from arrival to departure, the service we received was remarkable. But the location is really the draw -- the drive up to the resort is beautiful and the hotel is situated very close to the lake. The best part of our stay was on the property's private beach -- it was amazing to see snow-capped mountains while lakeside in the sun. The walk to the beach did include crossing a street and walking through a parking lot (where timeshare-type properties are) -- but the valets did say they would drive guests over in a hotel vehicle upon request. (I personally think it would be a great idea for the hotel to keep a six-person golf cart up front -- would have been helpful with our bulky beach bags and kids' stuff, etc.) In any event, the staff greeted us at the beach, set up chairs and an umbrella and we were attended to by the beach grill staff for drinks and food. The pools at the hotel were also great -- a bit tough to find shady spots, though. My daughter also loved the little playground area adjacent to the pool -- great for toddlers! The Camp Hyatt program was available for potty-trained kids at a pricey daily fee -- we probably would have used an hourly daycare had the resort offered that option instead. The breakfast buffet on the weekend days was impressive; it wasn't offered on weekdays, however, and the restaurant was a bit formal for the kids for breakfast. If we hadn't received free breakfast vouchers, we would have hit up some of the local restaurants instead. We got sandwiches at an amazing little deli called Groggs (and their menu included some breakfast sandwiches that sounded great!). T's Mesquite was also good for lunch (tacos, sandwiches, etc.). If you can manage a nice meal (without kids), the Lone Eagle restaurant adjacent to the private beach was wonderful for a date night. The appetizers were not that impressive but our entrees were great. We opted out of dessert and bought a "Smores Kit" from the restaurant and went back to the hotel's firepit to make smores after dinner. The firepit was great -- though the area itself could have used more lighting, especially since you have to walk through wet grass to get to the firepit. The casino was also nice -- not too smoke-filled and there were a good amount of machines. Never made it to the fitness center (not a fan of exercising on vacation!) but I heard good things from others about it. Overall, our experience with this property has ensured our return -- and I don't see us ever staying in South Lake after experiencing the setting the North shore had to offer. Looking forward to many more visits!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank 2002_10
Reviewed June 23, 2010

We stayed at the Hyatt for our 15th anniversary. I had read reviews stating guests had noted their anniversaries and received special attention, so I unfortunately looked forward to this....We did not even have an acknowledgment of it (yes, I noted it in comments upon booking). I only mention this so others don't get their hopes up! We did receive champagne on arrival, but I think everyone was offered this, though we were club level so not really sure.

We paid $199 for an upgrade to the lakefront cottages. While the cottage was very nice, getting to sleep was difficult, due to the end of an event (or just end of day breakdown, not sure which). The staff was running the golf carts here and there and clanking around trash and other items. I'm not how long this lasted, but it was long enough to be quite annoying. In the morning (7:15 am), we were woke up by some type of vehicle backing up several times (making the back up beeping sound), and we were not able to fall back to sleep due to other sounds going on (setting up for the day I imagine). If anyone was in the hallway (especially on the stairs), it was noisy as well. All this is not really something the hotel can help, but I did regret paying for the room upgrade. Thankfully the management graciously reversed our fee.

We also had an issue with housekeeping. There was dried up toothpaste on the toothbrush holder and on the sink faucet. There was also some bits of dirt in the bathtub. Coffee was not stocked in the room, though it should have been.

If you like robe to lounge in, make sure you request one, otherwise you're out of luck.

My last complaint is that while there was a great entertainment center, there were no instructions on how to work the DVD player. I'm pretty tech savvy and could not figure it out for the life of me.

We found the staff very friendly, with excellent poolside service. The lakeside restaurant had a beautiful setting, but the service was just okay. Room service was good, but took ½ hour longer than quoted. The beach area has a wonderful set up with a bar and grill and many activities. The dock has a bar on it that we did not use but looked like fun. We would definitely stay again, but would stay in the main hotel for a better nights sleep.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JT3373
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I booked the Hyatt at Incline for our 30th Anniversary and WOW...were we impressed with the staff and hotel. I booked on the Hyatt website, got the special deal where if you book 3 nights you get the 3rd night free, includes 3 free breakfast (one was Sunday brunch which was fabulous!) and I happened to mention under the comments that we honeymooned in Lake Tahoe 30 yrs. before and were returning to celebrate our 30th.

When we checked in, they acknowledged our anniversary and provided us a glass of champagne. Then they upgraded us to the concierge floors where we had full use of the concierge club with free appetizers, continental breakfast, sodas and juice, and beer and wine. (those you paid for on the "honor system")

After being in our room for 15 min. there was a knock on the door and room service arrived with a bottle of merlot, a cheese and cracker tray, cookies and milk, and a chilled bottle of champagne - "compliments of the house" for our anniversary. WOW! We were treated royally!

Loved the rustic Tahoe feel of the hotel. Great rustic pool area with 3 jacuzzis, (and a kids program available as well) and 3 roaring fire pit areas outside.

2 days later on our actual anniversary - again, a knock on the door and room service arrived with a plate of chocolate dipped strawberries with "Happy 30th Anniversary" written in chocolate on the plate. Boy, did they go above and beyond. Don't know if they do this for every anniversary couple, or just those returning to the lake after 30 yrs., but we can't say enough about the Hyatt at Incline.

Rented bikes in town and road along the lake in front of the hotel and looked at the cool homes. Great park nearby and good beaches.

Dinner at the Lone Eagle Grill (across the street on the lake - owned by the Hyatt) on our anniversary was fabulous. Again, greeted and acknowleged our anniversary, then we were treated like royalty again. Free dessert and champagne to celebrate, with lots of attention by the waiter and staff. Great food.

We don't usually spend $275 a night, but with the 1 free night it was worth it to celebrate our anniversary - and all the extras made it even more worth it.

Hated to leave, and will definately return again soon!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2010

They made chages of nearly $50 to my credit card after check out even tho I had a credit ballance at check out provided by my company. They said I had "in room snack" tranlate that to mean the mini bar which I had no idea where it was. They REFUSE to fix the problem after a month and my credit card company can't fix becuase I can't prove I did not take the items. SO beware it a great way to pad the bill....and there are other reviews complaining of the same thing so I had warned my co workers and of course it happened to me I would never stay at a Hyatt agin because the refuse to help me!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank tiggerpooh32825
Reviewed June 9, 2010

We just returned from a three day trip and stayed at the Hyatt Mon- Wed. This hotel has EXCELLENT customer service, GORGEOUS surroundings, and a lot of fun activities to do. We stayed in the tower on the 11th floor. We decided to upgrade at check in to the Regency Lounge access since it was $50 more per day instead of the usual higher fee. This was such a great decision!! We were traveling with two girls (ages 9 & 10) and a 9 month old. The girls and daddy were able to hang out in the Regency lounge in the evening relaxing, watching tv, using the computer and eating snacks before bedtime while mommy put the baby to bed. In the am, I was able to take the baby to the lounge at 6 am and eat breakfast while everyone else was sleeping. There are always food and snacks available during the day. Very good food there!! We ate lunch at the hotel and the sandwiches were excellent. The girls enjoyed the heated pool. This week is considered down season so the resort was quiet with very few people, which we loved. Don't eat across the street at Austins (the hotel recommended it). It was horrible. The cook must be a smoker b/c all of the food was extra salty. We went horseback riding at Zephtr Cove and that was a lot of fun. This hotel is a bit pricey but you get what you pay for!! Next time we will probably rent a condo/timeshare because we need two bedrooms with the baby.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family