“An Amazing Stay with Views” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Incline Village
GreenLeadersBronze level
Austin, Texas
“An Amazing Stay with Views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is not my first time to stay at this hotel, and each time it seems to get better. From the warm greeting upon check-in, with complimentary champaign, to the eye popping scenery, you know you're in for a welcome relaxed visit. The staff were fantastic. They put us in a high floor room by request so that we could look out over the mountains and lake. What a view!! The rooms were generally quiet, but we could hear some muted movement and talking. We ate in the restaurant which was good but not great. Overall, my experience here was very favorable. The room was clean, well lit, and a restful place to stay from a day of sightseeing or skiing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Powder Springs, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

This was the most beautiful Hyatt's I have ever stayed at. I thought the bed was a little hard for my taste but it actually slept pretty good. My biggest complaint was that the walls seemed very thin. I could hear everyone talking in the hallways and every time someone turned the water on in their rooms. I would definitely stay here again though.

• Stayed February 2013
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Our greet at Hyatt was a great start as Kendall offered us champagne and did a lovely job of making us feel welcome. We were on the 11th floor and the Hyatt regency club was amazing in terms of service and snacks. It was the perfect ending to a long day of skiing at northstar. Shuttle to diamond peak was efficient and so convenient the next day. Thanks for making our stay at the Hyatt so great Kendall!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 123432999
York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We went to Lake Tahoe in October 2012 for a meeting, but arrived early and stayed later to enjoy the LT area. First, the Hyatt is in a wonderful location right on the Lake. The hotel is fine, not a 5 star hotel, but the rooms were comfortable - pretty large and kept clean. We stayed in a lakeside room, which I'd recommend. They had some rooms with fireplaces - great. There are two good restaurants - one at the hotel and one that is lakeside. We had some great lunches and dinners at both.
The Lake area is perfect for those who appreciate natural beauty, like to be active outdoors, and have nice amenities available. It was a beautiful trip. We're looking forward to returning for a ski trip. We'd stay at the Hyatt again, absolutely.

Room Tip: Lakeside Rooms are great - but don't expect a full lake view in all of them. The rooms with fir...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I went with my husband to a ski trip to tahoe, and we stay in this hotel for one night, We loved the decoration is like restauration harware style, the rooms are good size,and nice,I also like the outdoor swimming pool and the hut tubs.
The casino is small but fine.
anyway if you are planning a ski trip this would not be my recomendation, because northstar resort is 25 minutes away, and there is only one shuttle that leaves around 8 am and goes back at 5pm.

• Stayed January 2013
calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Hyatt in the summer of 2012. We bought a package through Expedia that included breakfast everyday ~ $400 per day, which was well worth it considering how much we would've spent on breakfast every day. We were greeted with champagne during check in. We rented a car since we wanted to golf everyday and also wanted to drive around the lake, check out South Tahoe, etc. Incline Village itself is a quaint mountain town - very similar to Banff. It gets cold at night even in the summer, but the outdoor pool and hot tubs were perfectly usable. We took advantage of the Hyatt's beachfront loungers, rented a jetski, etc. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. My one regret was not having time to check out the spa. I found the pricing to be a bit over the top though. According to the spa brochure in the room, They charge an automatic gratuity (20%), plus an additional service charge (don't remember the %) - isn't the $200 massage price THE service charge? Honestly, I have gone to spas all over the world - these fees just really annoy me. Why not just charge what you want to charge and let the customer decide how much to tip? I wish I had experienced their spa so I could tell you if it was worth the price. I love Stillwater spas though - I'm sure I wouldn't be complaining if I actually had time to go :) Still a great getaway for me and my husband.
***A note on my average rating for their cleanliness - when we arrived at our room, there was garbage under our bed. There was a champagne cork, papers and such. I kept checking everyday to see if someone would come and clean it, but sadly no. It wasn't anything gross, but when you pay so much for a hotel, you would expect it to be squeaky clean at the very least KWIM?

Room Tip: The casino is on the main floor, but you won't hear any noise in your room. There is a lot of tr...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

This past weekend was our 7th visit to this hotel and we were not disappointed. This time, what a surprise! We were upgraded to a lakeside cottage with no extra charge (thank you so much!).

The cottage that we got has two Full sized beds (compare to regular guest room which might have two Queen sized beds). However, it was still very good sized room (a bit smaller than I thought). Just to mind you, they have several different layout for lakeside cottage (ranging from Lakeside Double with 350 sq ft, to Lakeside Cottage Upper (or Lower) two bedroom cottages with 1225 sq ft)... Just a quick FYI (we got the Lakeside Double).

The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. We are also very thankful for Brian who are really nice and friendly. The beds are very comfy and it was really nicely maintained. I also like those details touches (like all the furnitures are all "log house" related, which matches with the architecture style of the hotel.. excellent job on the interior designer part). As other reviewers mentioned, this hotel is 5 minutes away from the Diamond Peak ski resort, which is probably the BEST ski resort in Tahoe if you have a children (very good ski school for children here, and family friendly). So if you are traveling with young kids, I would highly recommend this Hotel. Very nice... and we will come back again!!

Room Tip: Lakeside cottages are very nice, but probably would be best during summer...During winter you might...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
#1 of 9 in Stateline
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,850 reviews
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,033 reviews
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
#1 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino? Share your experiences!