“Great Renovation”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Renovation”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe just completed a $20 + million renovation and it shows. I had an excellent stay and look forward to returning soon.

Great room product with a completely redone interior. If you had to work, which I did, you'll also appreciate the plug and play TV connection, fast wifi and ergonomic desk chair.

The staff were fantastic as well - everyone from the bell hops to the servers went out of their way to make guests feel welcome.

High marks Hyatt!

Room Tip: "Respire" rooms include HEPA filters and are good for guests with allergies
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank baliben

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sonoma
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have stayed here 2 or 3 times and have NEVER been disappointed. To the glass of champagne at check in, to the immaculate rooms, we LOVE this place! Small casino, but everyone is so friendly. They have a GREAT kids camp for days and night! 5pm-11pm you can drop the kids off and go have fun!

Just remodeled, the rooms are even better! And the Lone Eagle Restaurant is our favorite!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Folsom
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My profession held a conference at the Hyatt during the mid week. I stayed three nights in a two queen bed standard room overlooking the mountain and pool. The view was beautiful. During the night the moon light lit up the snow covered mountain. The property was recently renovated with modern amenities. Wi Fi, a network station in the room that allows you to connect your computer or other device to the 40" flat panel TV, new built in safe in the dresser and more... The hotel has several restaurants on the property but all are a bit pricey. They have a indoor/outdoor pool that is heated year round. A nice gas fire pit and a large Jacuzzi are also on the property. My next stay here will be during the summer so I can check out the lake front access and beach... Cant wait to take the wife...

Room Tip: ask for a room on the 10 floor or above so you see above the trees.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Fabulous location and upmarket feel. Lovely welcome with a glass of champagne and free valet parking. The service was a bit mixed -some staff couldn't have been nicer and went out of their way to help and others were just ok. There was a stack of room service trays that didn't get picked up for some time, cluttering some of the hallways. But those things aside, the hotel rooms, pools and jacuzzi were terrific. The spa was a bit on the pricey side but the facilities were great. Having a drink and dinner at the bar and restaurant right on the lake and watching the sun set was magic!

Room Tip: Any room that is not in the tower block.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Altos, California
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Overall a pretty good hotel. It's in a great location in Incline Village. Just a few min walk to beach.
The highlight is definitely the wonderful swimming pools and jacuzzi. It is also close to several ski resorts - Mt Rose, Northstar, etc. Rooms were newly renovated too with plenty of woods.
However the Regency Club is among the worst I've been to. Sometimes it got so crowded there's no place to sit and the room got so hot it was unbearable.
I did want to compliment on the service. The teenage kids staying in the next room decided to have a party with loud music and talking/laughing. Security was knocking on their door just 1-2 min after I called to complain.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I steyed here doing "shoulder season" between fall and the ski season apparently. I got a decent rate, still a little higher than what I thought it might be for this time of year. The valet guy whose name I am not remembering was super nice, and pointed out some walking paths as well as a number of restaurants in the area.

I checked in and the staff was friendly and helpful as well. The gentleman who checked me in told me he was going to put me on the 10th floor and I was one of only 4 people staying on that floor. I thought great nice and quiet. I get out of the elevator and my room is the closest one to the elevator which makes a loud ding when it hits your floor, I didn't realize this until I was settled in and at that point after a long day of driving I didn't want to be the whiney guy and go and ask for another room, I am a Hyatt Gold Passport member and I did wonder why he didn't just give me a better room or offer me an upgrade at the beginning. I stayed at a Hilton in Concord, CA a couple nights before and they were sold out when I checked in so they actually gave me the Presidential Suite. I wasn't asking for the Presidential Suite here but a room away from the elevator would have been nice.

I went to explore the property and wanted to go for a swim and a sauna, the sauna is part of the spa and to gain access to the spa would cost $24. I was like really, so I didn't end up using the sauna. Very nice pool and jacuzzi, they have a tunnel you can even swim from the inside of the hotel to the outside, it's pretty cool.

The rooms were nice and modern with a rustic feel, very well done, mine had a sliver view of the lake.

They are renovating their high end restaurant which is right on the lake, I went down and enjoyed the firepit and they have a singer there who plays acoustic guitar and you can make song requests, such as John Denver of oldies like that. It was very nice.

Overall beautiful property, great location, wonderful staff.

As a footnote, they sent me a questionaire about my stay and I expressed the same comments that I expressed in this review. To their credit within 12 hours someone from the hotel responded and said if I stayed there again they would give me a complimentary room upgrade.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lake!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Salinas, California
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We've been coming to the Hyatt in Incline Village, Lake Tahoe for at least 10 years and it's always a place that we look forward to. This is our favorite place in Nevada due to the outstanding scenery, the integration of the hotel into the surroundings, and its close proximity to Lake Tahoe. We spent the 2 days after Thanksgiving here and ran into a full house. As is my custom, I usually check in late. They called me to check on whether I'd be coming in since they were oversold. It's great to see that they had a full house & that we had a room waiting for us. We checked in at VIP where we've always received excellent service. Our room was on the ground level floor about as far as you can go to the end of the hallway, not far from the pool. The room had a little balcony with enough space for a small table & 2 easy chairs. For emphasis, I'll repeat -- The scenery is outstanding. And so is the service and the staff! We had 2 very enjoyable days where we just enjoyed the room & a small casino in the Hyatt. It was a great sunny weekend with perfect weather so we tooke a trip to nearby Northstar and Truckee. Oh and the wifi here is the fastest I've had in comparison to other hotels. Only quibble is the Lone Eagle Grill was closed for renovations during this time. But that's the great thing about the Hyatt, they always keep their product fresh by renewing it constantly.

Room Tip: At the Hyatt, I'm happy with whatever room, I've gotten. I've stayed in the tower, the g...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Incline Village
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa

Been to Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino? Share your experiences!