The other reviews I read are accurate. This is an extremely nice property. The only mild complaint is the smell of smoke in the lobby area, which drifts in from the casino. We read that they were going to undertake a $20 million dollar renovation. I hope they improve the air filtration between the stinky casino and the lobby. It is difficult to imagine what else they will do with their renovation, considering that this is already a very nice property. The rooms could use a bit of an update, but I certainly would not say that they are tired. Perhaps they will lighten up the place and make it a bit more modern, like the Hotel Terra, Jackson Hole????
I recommend a high floor room that is odd numbered. Those have the best views of the lake.
We ate in the cutthroat bar (saloon?). It had lots of TV's and the food was very good. Other reviews said that the food was overpriced, but I disagree. We ate dinner for about $65 including tip (2 kids and 2 adults). For a resort, I thought that was about right.
We found the service to be above average. The cutthroat service, however, was uninspiring. Not great and not bad....I'd give them a 6 out of 10. Because the food was quite tasty, we came back to this outlet twice.
The entire front of the house staff was amazing. The valets (ski valet and car) were extremely attentive as was the front desk and bell staff.
ABOVE AND BEYOND SERVICE:
My son broke one arm and sprained the other wrist the second day skiing at Diamond Peak and the hotel staff could not have been more helpful.
Late in the evening, the bellman found me and notified me when the gift shop worker returned from her break, so I could purchase some Tylenol.
Clay in the in house ski shop was amazing!
He called Diamond Peak's customer service office and arranged refunds for our unused lift tickets and rentals. He even made a trip up to the mountain himself to pick-up the Diamond Peak refund so I would not need to rush up myself on my last day at the resort.
The concierge in the Regency Club who worked all day 12/19 and 12/20 morning, gave me a tray to bring my injured son breakfast. She also gave me tips to help him since her own son has had 3 broken arms! (I think her name was Kelly?)
Even though the resort was full, the front desk manager still allowed us to check out a bit late due to my son's condition.
I AM EXTREMELY THANKFUL TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE MENTIONED!
We will certainly return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular setting on Lake Tahoe’s north shore with 500 feet of private, lakefront beach. Surrounded by towering pines and mountain greenery; 35 miles to Reno/Tahoe Int’l Airport; 40 miles to South Lake Tahoe Airport. Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino was recreated in the classic style of a 1920s alpine grand lodge. Exterior renovations of river rock and shingles complement the natural environment with colors echoing the tradition and sense of history of the original homes built in the Tahoe area. Extensive river rock landscaping and two outdoor fireplaces add to the guests' sense of arrival at the "Old Tahoe-Lodge" style entrance. The resort's Grand Lobby boasts crafted stonework, creating a cozy setting amid the warmth of an oversized double-sided fireplace, rich leather chairs and high-beam ceilings. The 421 guestrooms, including 24 lakeside cottages, have been decorated with natural pine, distressed wood, and leather furnishings, reflecting the setting with autumn colors of moss, brick red and wheat. Included in our Lake Tahoe resort's $60 million transformation was the addition of the Spa Terrace, a new three-story wing adjacent to the main 12-story hotel. Offering 138 luxury guestrooms with views of the Sierra Nevada skyline, the addition provides visitors with private balconies and breathtaking lake views. The Spa Terrace replaces the resort's former Aspen Terrace and overlooks the resort's new swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Hotel Incline Village
- Hyatt Lake Tahoe Resort
- Hyatt Incline Village
- Hyatt Regency Incline Village
- Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa And Casino Incline Village, Lake Tahoe (Nevada)