“Just across the street from the Hyatt.”

Austin's Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013

If you are staying at the Hyatt, this is a great place to walk to...especially for a casual lunch. Much more affordable than the on site restaurants and, in my experience, better. My husband, son and I ate their twice on our recent trip. We had no problems with service or waits. We were seated immediately and served quickly. Some of the menu items were excellent and others were so-so. My husband had a fish item that he is still raving about (literally) a week later! My salad was also excellent and I love their cornbread. In fact, my side salad was so good that i wish i had gotten a meal salad. However, my chicken fried steak and hamburger were mediocre. (With that said, I am from Texas where CFS is practically a staple of our diets so my standards are high.) The mac and cheese was divine but I thought their mashed potatoes were not flavored well. In sum, I would definitely check it out...especially if you are staying at the Hyatt as it is just across the street and more affordable. (My room service hamburger at the Hyatt was $28 whereas there's was under $10.)

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Visited after Thunderbird Lodge visit on recommendation of local Incline Village resident. Excellent salads for reasonable price. Very enjoyable. All the dishes we saw served looked interesting and creative. Delicious complementary corn bread with the salad.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Nice little place across from Hyatt. Indoor and outdoor seating. Gets cold when the sun goes down so bring a jacket/sweatshirt in summer.. Nice size salad comes with cornbread for about $10.
We have salads every visit but other offerings look good and are reasonably priced.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This quaint place was conveniently located across the road from the Hyatt Regency where we were staying, amongst other restaurants. The wait was about 20 - 30 minutes which I think was excessive, it seemed people were seated after us and received their food before us. I had the tuna melt while my girlfriend had a chicken salad, which she thought didn't have enough chicken! The food was good enough but the wait made me anxious! In addition I think the carpeting could be replaced! I would give this place another try in the hope of timelier service.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The waiters are very nice, the food is very good and it is not expensive. What else should you ask for ?