“Solid and reasonably priced”

Austin's Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We hit Austin's while staying at the Hyatt across the street. MUCH more reasonably priced food here. I had chicken fried steak the first night and she had the trout. My buttermilk fries were especially good but I wouldn't order the chicken fried steak again. Cornbread came with the meal and it was very good. She had the trout and really liked it. As stated in previous reviews it was refreshing being somewhere more casual and laid back. We would both say the service wasn't the greatest but it wasn't horrible. We went back for salads for lunch on another day and they were very solid, but were both HUGE. This is a nice change up in the area.

1  Thank Husker4theSpurs
There are newer reviews for Austin's Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt for a conference and found Austin's to be a comfortable, unpretentious place. The waiter was very attentive and helpful in making suggestions, and the halibut that I wound up ordering was outstanding! Went in for dinner right at five because I was tired and didn't want to deal with hassle, and found that I had made a good choice because things were picking up quickly. Would go out of my way to make a return vist in a heartbeat. What a gem.

2  Thank Nikki G
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We ate here during the off season and found a number of locals enjoying the food. The menu has a nice diversity and includes healthy food from many local sources. We enjoyed the chili, sandwiches, and pie ala mode. Service was attentive and friendly. We liked it so much we went back for dinner the next day.

1  Thank SoggySister
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I give the four stars on the basis of not expecting a fancy restaurant, but looking for a quick bit at a fair price. It is a small place and the music was a little too loud, but our waitress was friendly and helpful. I had a salad and added chicken and my wife had a chicken sandwich. I tired a couple of her fries with the jalapeno dip and liked them. Plenty too eat and it did not break the bank. Much cheaper than the Hyatt.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Austins is conveniently located across the street from the Hyatt in Incline Village, NV. We made reservations as was suggested and we are glad we did. Shortly after our arrival, the restaurant filled up and several parties were told there would be a wait.
The selection of food was varied and delicious. We thought the warm cornbread served with butter or honey was very good. The dinner salads were good sized and our dinners were delicious. We ordered the scallops and traditional homemade meatloaf with hand cut fries and jalapeno dipping sauce. Everything was delicious.
The place is quaint, meaning only 18-20 tables, but with character and a polite waitstaff.