“Great food and views”
Review of Big Water Grille

Big Water Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Water Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Country Club
Reviewed December 24, 2010

We had dinner at Big Water while staying in Incline Village. The views are great, the restaurant is very pretty and food was very good. I would recommend this restaurant, but be forewarned - the menu is very limited - I would check out their menu on their website before you go. My husband had a hard time finding something to eat on the menu, and decided to go with the special. It's "eclectic" type of fare - very pretty presentation but not huge portions (guess I am used to that being from Texas). We didn't have an appetizer or dessert and only one glass of wine a piece and the bill was $120 before tip. It's not a cheap place, but a very nice place to dine.

There are newer reviews for Big Water Grille

Reviewed September 23, 2010

We dined with friends of ours - all 4 meals were marvelous! Two of us had only starters (2 each) and the other 2 had dinners - no one was shortchanged. The tomato salad was incredible, as was the risotto. We also had the corn chowder, pork chops, spinach, prawns...we were all in heaven. And, I haven't even started on the view yet! Wow! We got there at sunset - I would suggest going a little earlier and then watching the sunset unfold. BEAUTIFUL!

Reviewed May 14, 2010

Little out of the way but well worth the detour. Excellent house wines, incredible view, exceptionally good food. Superb service. A must do.

Reviewed April 28, 2010

My wife and I were attending a conference during our stay in Lake Tahoe. We were assigned a "date night" and I decided that the Big Water Grille would be our dinner destination.

I made reservations online, the place was perfect for a romantic dinner, and the view of the mountains and Lake Tahoe was spectacular. Service was good and we had a great dinner - the food was as expected for the price, very good. Their desserts were excellent too.

While waiting for our dinner we took time on their outside deck to take in the surroundings of Lake Tahoe and snapped a few pictures. It was a great time and would return if in the area again.

The menu is not exactly cheap, which I knew ahead of time after reviewing their menus online and this was fine considering that I inteneded on having a special night. Overall, my wife and I had a very memorable experience at the Blue Water.

Reviewed February 24, 2010

The minute we entered we thought this would be our best dining expereince of the week. The decor is quietly elegant. The menu choices were excellent. We started off with the beet and goat cheese appetizer - which was out of this world! For entrees we both ordered the special - which was seafood pasta, described as pasta with salmon, scallops and crab. The dish arrived and we both bgan looking for the seafood, discovering that it was under the pasta. There was a generous portion of salmon, and crab, and the sauce was delightful. As we progressed, neither of us could find scallops. We asked our server if we had understood the dish description correctly, and she checked with the kitchen to see if she was accurate. She returned, assuring us that the chef had been putting scallops in the dishes all evening; they were bay scallops and just tiny. Well both of us explained that we are very familiar with bay scallops, and there were none in our dishes. The answer was, "Sorry." We were nevered offered another dish, complimentary dessert, or other compensation for our displeasure. The bill was very high and I would expect a much more genuine attempt at pleasing your customers. No one else ever came over to the table to try to resolve the concern, We stopped at the hostess station on the way out to again express our displeasure, and were told, "I don't know anything about it."
I know we should have asked for a manger, but were just stunned at the poor response and wanted to leave.
Anyone can make a mistake, if it had been addressed, we would have been able to give this place a hearty thumbs up.
Without a doubt, this was one of the most unpleasant experiences I've had at a restaurant.
I gave service a "3" because our server was for the most part good