New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lone Eagle Grille

Lone Eagle Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Lone Eagle Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Shore Blvd.
Transit: Lake Shore Blvd.
Description: Lone Eagle Grille offers guests luxurious lakeside dining and world class cuisine prepared by Chef de Cuisine, Shane Hammett. Highlights include an open-show kitchen, wine wall featuring more than 600 bottles of wine, and service at our outdoor lakeside firepits. Enjoy light bites and drinks in our lounge, or opt for a high-end dining experience in the splendor of Lone Eagle Lounge.
Austin, Texas
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food was really good but I felt like the menu was a little bit limited in terms of variety. It was also expensive but it's reasonable because of the quality of the meals.

Visited July 2013

Fair Oaks, California
“Terrific view and service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The view is spectacular - the service is spectacular the food ummm not that spectacular. We started out with the foie gras it was mediocre the cherry accompaniment was good.
My husband had the elk - in fairness it was cooked just as he ordered it but it didn't really have any flavor and he didn't care for the romesco sauce. My husband knows his elk as he used to hunt elk and had quite a lot growing up. I had the lamb chops and they were grilled perfectly - I thought the mint pesto and strawberry sauce would be odd but they actually complimented the lamb perfectly. The house made basil fettuccine was horrible it was over cooked and gloppy as the fettuccine stuck together in horrid green masses. We had the Baked Tahoe for dessert it was spectacular looking as it looked like a pine cone with its meringue peaks - it was mostly vanilla ice cream with a very thin slice of brownie with a molasses sauce.
Loved the ambience - it was crowded and a happening place - not really sure I would go back

• Visited July 2013
Reno, Nevada
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Went to Lone Eagle Grille for my birthday lunch, the outdoor patio has spectacular views. The food was perfect, the service was awesome. We wanted to split a salad with our lunch and they even split it for us prior to serving (no problem). They made my day more special when they served me a birthday surprise dessert. Nice job, everyone. Thank you for making my day special.

• Visited July 2013
Roseville, California
“Everything was just fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My biggest complaint about this restaurant was cold butter, yep that is about it. The butter was cold and hard...

Then we got to the carpaccio, I was a little taken back by the small portion of meat but then I tried it. It literally melted on my tongue. There was truffle oil and what looked to be small chunks of actual truffle, toast, and a spread. All in all, it was the best carpaccio I have ever had.

My wife had Halibut, a large portion that was cooked perfectly with a light sauce that did not overpower the flavor of the fish.

My ribeye was just what you would expect, a good steak.

For desert, the Baked Tahoe. It just looks cool (like a pine cone) and tastes very good. There was molasses but not too much.

The service was a bit casual for such a high end restaurant but between that and too stuffy, I would take casual.

We did not bring a bottle of wine, I ordered a half bottle of 2008 Cab (they decanted at no charge). The wine prices were not great but it is Lake Tahoe and they were within reason for fine dining. I still think if they lowered their mark ups, a lot more wine would get sold and people would be able to have a better dining experience.

• Visited June 2013
“Great food and view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We booked a table overlooking the lake in the evening. Great service and great food if slightly overpriced. Great drinks list. I had a cocktail and Paul had a beer. For the main course we had barramundi which was very nice.

• Visited May 2013