“Great American Tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bite

Bite
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bite Restaurant & Bar is an American tapas restaurant in North Lake Tahoe.
Newbury Park, California
“Great American Tapas”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

After a cold, rainy day this past weekend, we were the second party through the door at Bite for dinner. Despite being under-dressed, we were made to feel quite comfortable.
The three of us had three of the tapas items on the menu, salads, and five or six of the "small tastings" of wine. We shared one dessert, and got out for $100, including tip.
Food was quite good, especially the scallops (what is it with superb scallops in north Lake Tahoe? - see review for Rustic Lodge in Tahoe Vista). Service continued very smoothly despite an adjacent wedding rehearsal party with 15 or 16 attendees.

We'll return!

Visited September 2013

“Amazing, again.....”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Perfect sized portions, awesome tastes, flavors and sauces. Scallops with fennel amazing! They never disappoint!!!!!!!

Visited September 2013
Houston, Texas
“I'm still dreaming of the goat cheese sliders....”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The food was great and portions larger than expected! It took us awhile to be seated and service was slow which was annoying because we had a 1 year old with us. I think this is a better place for couples and groups of adults rather than families with young children. Very hip--reminded me of tapas bars I have been to on 4th Street in Austin. Stil the food made up for the service. My goat cheese sliders were divine!!!! I will return on my next visit to Tahoe but will leave the little one with a sitter next time.

• Visited August 2013
San Anselmo, California
“TWICE IN ONE WEEK”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We are at Lake Tahoe for one week, and we ate at Bite twice. That should tell you all you need to know. The food quality is outstanding, and the atmosphere lively. My favorite "bite" is the filet mignon with red onions and mushrooms--a meal in itself--with some of the best filet I have had anywhere. My husband had the ahi sliders one night and the fish tacos (mahi mahi) another and raved about them both. After going there for several years, we have tried virtually everything on the menu and it is all great. Do not miss the fresh pomegranate cocktail or the home-made ice cream sandwich bites. I recommend Bite to all of my foodie friends who come to Lake Tahoe.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MarinLin
“Yummy”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Interesting menu, definitely a good place for foodies. Seemed to be the place to take a hot date-- but was friendly enough for my rough and tumble family.

Visited August 2013