“Unique way of dining”

Bite
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bite Restaurant & Bar is an American tapas restaurant in North Lake Tahoe.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We ate here with our daughter last week while staying in Incline Village. It was our first experience with tapas and we enjoyed it. They had lots on the menu to try and share. The bill ended up a bit higher than I expected but the quality of the food made it worth it.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I've been to Bite several times and have tried a fair portion of their menu -- all with great pleasure. Bite has an active (sometimes very noisy) bar scene with high tables around the large rectangular bar -- and for those who want it quieter there's a more formal dining room off to the side.

The menu is mostly small plates. On this visit we didn't have my favorite, which is the short ribs (incredibly rich and tasty), but we did have some superb scallops and the filet mignon bites, both decent-sized helpings and both delicious. With the butter lettuce salad and a helping of fries that got us to the chocolate cake, which was far better than most restaurant chocolate cake.

They have a nice wine list and very good offerings by the glass -- a Morgan pinot noir and an Elyse red blend were both very nice wines. I respect any place that puts good wine on its by the glass menu.

Great experience, good waitress, relaxing place, wonderful food -- what's not to like?

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I really did not expect much for great restaurant in Kings Beach but this place is worth the trip. What a fantastic idea... great way to try a lot of tapa size entre... Green eggs and ham... yum.. with wasabi.. gives it a good bite.... andouille sausage n shimp gumbo... i need two of these... so so good... and then for all those mini sliders... they remind of the Chairman Truck baos but American style....We tried the cheeseburger, duck confit and the short ribs... my favorite... the duck confit... so so delicious... all sliders are 2 to an order. The honey baby backs are yummy .... they give you four so if you really like ribs, order 2..... and the empanadas ... well, honestly, I was so busy scarfing down the sliders I didn't pay much attention and the brussel sprouts... perfectly sauteed.. even you brussel sprouts haters will love their brussel sprouts! I was stuff and I still wanted to try their dessert. We tried the bread pudding (4 mini in an order) and I base everyone's bread pudding against Tartine's bread pudding... so Tartine is a 10... I would give Bites an 8.5.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I think Bite is a nice addition to Incline Village. The place is stylish, they have a great concept and good food. I agree with another review I read that a full meal here would be very expensive. We just had a couple appetizers and drinks which was great for us because we wanted to eat light. My disappointment was that there were no cocktails on the happy hour menu. A signature cocktail for happy hour would be appealing. I will definitely give it another try next time I'm in town.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Eight of us dined here on a Monday evening.

We were seated promptly. The atmosphere was good, reminded us of an old Japanese restaurant. Although we didn't stop at the bar. It looked cool and was very open.

Service was friendly and good. Servers were attentive too.

They have a decent menu with lots of sliders. The wine list is extensive if not a little expensive.

We had the following items and I tried them all:

Smoked bacon wrapped dates. Very flavorful and tender. Great

Green eggs and Ham. The filling was good. The egg itself was tough.

Risotto Balls with 40 clove garlic tomato sauce. The risotto balls were cooked properly but they lacked a lot of flavor, the cheese could have been stronger. The 40 clove garlic tomato sauce was a little weak. I think it was missing about 39 cloves.

Sliders:
Beef short ribs
BLT-Bacon, Lobster and Tomato
Duck Confit

All the sliders were great. The buns were tender, the insides were very flavorful, tender and there was a lot product in between the buns.

Scallops-They smelled fishy and tasted very salty along with being slightly overcooked (chewy).

Moroccan meatballs. These were overcooked and very chewy. The spices were heavy on the front end. Overpowering. There wasn't a lot of flavor either, maybe it was cooked out.

A special of the evening was Sheppard's pie. WOW this was the best thing that I tried. Flavors were well balanced. Lamb had great flavor. This should be on their menu every night.

I tried my friends steak, I believe it was a rib eye. I asked him how he ordered it and he said medium rare. It was on the short side of well done. He agreed it was overcooked for what he ordered.

Our bill was 105 per couple with tip. This included one bottle of wine we purchased and several of our own. They were nice enough not to charge a corkage fee.

I like tapas restaurants because they let you try small plates of a lot of different things. My overall impression was 3 stars. Yes, service was good but too many of the dishes had issues.

I thought the cost was to high compared to other places I've eaten. I know this is Incline but still this was about 15-20 dollars over the average tapas prices.
I wouldn't come back again but some of the other people we went with are frequent fliers so they will return.

WAIT-I might go back just to eat the Sheppard's pie. I'd have to call and make sure they had it.

1  Thank sunnski