“unpleasant experience”

Diamond Peak Ski Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: Diamond Peak has incredible views of Lake Tahoe, family-friendly terrain, and wide, easy slopes. You'll fall in love with our uncrowded mountain, money-saving family packages, and the Diamond Peak Child Ski Center.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I had some unpleasant experience with this ski resort.
Firstly, I was given skis that were too long for me as the staff who served me had estimated the size wrong and when I went back to the rental place to exchange for a shorter one, the staff on the rental area was very impatient.
Secondly, when I fell upon unloading from the lift as my skis were tangled with another skier’s snowboard, the staff was too slow to stop the lift. As a result, my back was hitted by the lift, and the skiers from the lift beyond me nearly crushed into me. The worst part was that the staff on duty in the green line at that time told me to NEVER come back up to the lift again. This was extremely rude, unhelpful and ridiculous. I thought their job was to ensure the safety of the skiers unloading from the lift, instead of discouraging the skiers by telling them NOT to RIDE on the lift again in an extremely rude manner. As a matter of fact, this has also happened to another skier in our group as well.

I also agree with what other people have commented : safety issues such as the resort should put up a barrier on the left side of the green run etc.

I’m a skier with intermediate experience, and I have been to other ski resorts in Tahoe, I will definitely go back to others but NOT Diamond peak.

1  Thank yoghurtland
Diamond_Peak_Ski, Marketing at Diamond Peak Ski Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

I’m so sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience, and would love the opportunity to make it up to you and address these issues. I’m honestly shocked this would happen as we hold our staff and resort to much higher standards. Any specific details you could provide about your visit would help us take action. Please send your email and/or phone number to info@diamondpeak.com so we can address immediately. Our General Manager has also sent you a message and would like to invite you back on us.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Amazing views of Lake Tahoe. No better place on a sunny day than the deck at the upper lodge. The ski terrain's limited, but very family-friendly. Convenient for locals.

Thanks for posting! We have shuttles that service around Incline Village and the Hyatt making it very convenient for locals or people staying in town. You can locate the shuttle map on our website.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Not really big but good for family. It's not meant for expert skier but for families I think it's perfect

Diamond Peak has a little of everything, making it great for families with a variety of abilities. Thanks for visiting and posting your review. Come again soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Not as big or nice as Northstart or Squaw, but lift tickets are about 1/2 the price, and it is still a good, well-operated ski area. Plenty of Intermediate runs, and rarely a lift line. Especially liked the lodge, which is good for family. Less than 10 minutes from center of Incline Village, and even has a free shuttle.

Diamond_Peak_Ski, Marketing at Diamond Peak Ski Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Diamond Peak is wonderful for families of all ages, and especially when you consider the costs! Thanks for visiting and posting your comments. Hope to see your family back here soon, perhaps during ski week in February?

Reviewed January 7, 2013

First, we have come here many times and we like the ski hill and love the ski school

Here is the challenge: All the advanced and intermediate runs flow onto the one and only (real) green run (lodgepole)... Yes, they have one other green (schoolhouse) but it is a joke. It is so flat that you need to pole to get down it. They need to do two things to make it safer for beginner skiers and boarders.

First, they should put up a staggered barrier at the bottom of the Blue and Black runs that forces the more advanced skiers to slow down significantly before entering the green area. Whistler does this and it works magnificently.
Second, the resort should put up a barrier on the left side of the green run that feeds the blue and black skiers to the left side of the run (away from the beginners). The advanced skiers have no business shooting across Lodgepole and slaloming around scared beginners.
This is a common problem that you will see on many other reviews on tripadvisor and other sites (on the snow). If you are concerned about you or your children getting pummeled by advanced skiers, you may need to spend more money and go to Northstar or Squaw. I would prefer to save the money and save the drive from Incline Village if they would fix this problem.

1  Thank Irvine-Robbie
Diamond_Peak_Ski, Marketing at Diamond Peak Ski Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I must agree that our ski school programs are great and Ken, our new Child Ski Center director, has made some positive changes. We do want to provide a safe and fun experience for skiers and riders of all levels at Diamond Peak and hope to see you back. Most resorts struggle with this very issue due to the layout of the mountain. We ordered additional signs and barriers as a start and are discussing other long term solutions.