“Our Hidden Jewel”

Parkside Inn at Incline
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Incline Village
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Hyatt in Incline at times. Our favorite destination is the Parkside Inn. Over the years we have experience their growth and added upgrades to rooms. Their free continental breakfast is very nice with many options, one of the best with a warm and pleasant dining room. Checkin and checkout easy. Great location. Awesome sauna and indoor swimming pool room. We stay at Resort like hotels around the world, but it's something about the unique simplicity of the Parkside that bring me and my husband closer and closer.

Room Tip: As a couple we enjoy the deluxe king bedroom rooms on the top floor in the back facing the forest. W...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve F
There are newer reviews for Parkside Inn at Incline

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I picked Parkside Inn because it was the closest economical hotel close to Diamond peak ski resort. Later I changed my route to Northstar but I did not change my hotel reservation because of their cancellation policy. Check in was easy, although I had to wait until 3pm to get my room keys. It has outdoor parking and limited indoor parking. As soon as I entered my room, I realized the loud noise coming from first floor. My bottom neighbors were smoking at the balcony and listening loud music. So I asked to change my room and it was granted. This is all wood hotel, it gets noisy, even when someone is walking in the hallway. Heating was superb, was very warm. TV has basic cable channels, though I lost cable twice and they were quick to fix it. They have free internet, but it was very weak in my room, it got interrupted very often. Room was big and clean, bathroom was clean. My other problem was floor was hardwood and bathroom was stone. It was very cold to step on bare foot, so I walked around with my shoes. They offered free continental breakfast in the morning. Breakfast room was cozy and clean with wood burning stove at the corner. They also have small indoor pool and sauna; did not use either but a guest told me pool was warm but sauna was not hot enough. Overall, good for the economical price I paid.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Mert51
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Incorporates the log cabin tahoe-esque cozy setting you'd want. The king sized bed was absolutely phenomenal. First time I laid on it, felt like a cloud. And now I'm just writing an extra sentence so I meet the 200 character minimum for the review:)

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I am currently staying at this hotel. My husband and I are booked for two nights. The smell in the building and room is over powering. It smells of very strong cleaning detergent. Kinda giving me a headache.

When we checked in the person at the front desk didn't even look up to greet us. The room is supposed to include continental breakfast which he never mentioned to us. The room is slightly dated and could use some updating. Also found black hair in bed!!! Yuck!!!

I'll get through the next two nights but I will not stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank martinamathis
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Nice hotel clean, nice breakfast, friendly front desk, room clean and spacious (we had the deluxe). Spa was nice. Water was just enough warm but enough to have a bath. Sauna was nice. Nice feature for the price in this area.
Location pretty close to the beaches, hiking, the UC Davis environment center...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This place was okay to stay for one night but would not want to stay here for several nights. On the positive side, the room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was real good too with yogurt, fruit, granola, oatmeal, coffee and juice. The problem with the room is that the walls were so thin you could hear EVERYTHING from the rooms around you--even above you. You could hear the people talking, peeing, showering, TV's, and you could hear the traffic and construction equipment, etc. Therefore, I could not sleep at all. Also there is a super bright green light on the TV that shines directly into your bed and right in your face. We finally had to get a towel from the bathroom to cover it. In the morning the towel was hot so might not be a good idea. So if you stay here, bring earplugs and eye mask.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ssycats
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The room at Parkside cost about $140, a price that came up both on their site and on Expedia. I needed a bed for 8 hours between dinner and breakfast meetings at the Hyatt about 400 meters down the road and didn't want to spend $250-275 at the Hyatt. It was still high summer season so a better deal may exist in the shoulder seasons. The inn is really more of a motel, but is off the highway enough so that it was quiet. It's across the street from Sierra Nevada College. My room had two queens separated by a wall (with a large doorway but no door) so it would have done ok for two couples or a family with children. Reception (the office is the 2-story building in their promo picture) was courteous and the room and bath were clean. The bed was much softer than I like. There is a small coffee brewer and pretty bad coffee in packets in the room. I did not see a thermostat and believe they use radiant heating as the room was warm even with a window open. A large somewhat noisy floor fan was provided for cooling. The office does not open until 8 a.m. so I was unable to leave my bag there for later pickup after my meeting (there was a phone number to call for assistance but I didn't bother). Compared to some shabby casino/stateline "resorts" 2 miles up the highway this was the best convenient lower-cost accommodation I found in ritzy Incline Village.

Room Tip: My room #7 had two queens and the back and bedroom faced some type of small office building on a sma...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino
Cedar Glen Lodge
Cedar Glen Lodge
#1 of 8 in Tahoe Vista

Been to Parkside Inn at Incline? Share your experiences!