“Quite Nice”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Incline Village
San Francisco
“Quite Nice”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I wish I could give it 3.5 stars. We stayed here recently. The trip was last minute and the rate was ok. The hotel is nice. It's obviously been remodeled fairly recently. Our room was very spacious, 2 queens, for myself and 3 children. For many, the room might seem to have a lot of wasted space as other than the 2 beds, there was just a tiny metal table and a couple of chairs. Floors are laminate which means if you're on the bottom floor, you WILL hear the people above. We had a deck looking into the woods. The wifi was pretty fast!

Everything was satisfactory enough. The staff was super nice. The hotel is just small details away from being a great place to stay.

First thing. You have access to the 3 private beaches, but it's not mentioned that you have to pay, and it's pretty pricey. For the 4 of us it was $24 each day. Totally worth it, BUT I would have preferred to know ahead of time. I may have chosen a place that was more expensive, but beach access was rolled in. For kids, I recommend the Burnt Cedar beach (I think that was name) There's beach and a heated pool with a small water slide.

Next. The hotel advertises a heated indoor pool. My daughters are both quite hearty when it comes to pool temperature and they both hopped in and out of the pool and said it was too cold.

Noise. If you're in the least bit adverse to noise, then make sure you're on the top floor. It didn't bother me at all, but if my wife had come along, she would have been highly annoyed. Additionally, the water pipes are REALLY noisy in the morning.

As I said, the hotel is small details away from being really great. The coffee maker in the room our first morning had no cream and sugar packets. I'm an early riser and the breakfast room was not yet open.

Like I said, it wasn't GREAT but it was definitely good.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor! For non-hikers, there's a nice nature trail between lakeshore blvd and incli...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Mebane, North Carolina
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights with our family to play in the snow at Tahoe after Christmas. The rooms are definitely renovated. Laminate floors, flat screens, comfy beds with extra blankets. The hallways are exterior so it was very cold unless you were physically in the room.

The walls were pretty thin, and it was easy to hear the people next to us. Our room faced the parking lot, so there was not much of a view. The pool was simply not clean. I'm pretty sure there was mold growing in it.

The continental breakfast was adequate, in a cozy room with a fireplace and TV. The staff was friendly and helpful.

For a longer stay, we would choose someplace with more spacious rooms or more amenities. For one or two nights, it was just fine.

Room Tip: The parking lot is steep. If you visit during any kind of snow, you CANNOT get out of the parking l...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I loved it there,It was very relaxing and the staff was awesome. I slept great at night and the surrounding area was beautiful. It is close to casinos so there are a lot of things to do while you stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tpawley1
Tahoe
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I love pretty much everything about this place. Staff is incredibly friendly. Rooms are always very clean and the beds are insanely comfortable! I could add a bunch more positive adjectives, but I think you get the point ;) Fridge in every room I've been in. Heating/air always work great.

Feels very safe; even has covered parking, although I've never felt the need to park there for any particular reason (weather, safety).

The only "complaint" I could possibly think of is the lighting in the bathroom...it's a bit low/weak.

Room Tip: Even if you are on the bottom floor and have someone above you, it really takes a lot to get to a bo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
vbetncrt, Owner at Parkside Inn at Incline, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
On the behalf of the hardworking staff at the Parkside Inn at Incline I would to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments regarding the lighting in our bathrooms and can assure you that we will look into this immediately. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
Reviewed September 30, 2012

After our trip to Nevada, we went to Tahoe and stayed at the Parkside Inn. Cabin was only $69.00 per night for a standard room we were checked in by very friendly people. This is probably more known for its winter skiing but we came in the spring to see everything blooming. Our room was great, comfortable and clean, we did sleep well. The bathroom had both shampoo and shower gel in dispensers, which was a very nice change. We went hiking and then used the pool and sauna. The breakfast was wonderful biscuits and gravy kept us going all day. Very nice place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I think this would be the perfect getaway for skiers during the winter. We stayed in the summer and because there is no air conditioning we had to sleep with our window open. People coming in at night were loud and kept us awake most of the night. The pool, hot tub, and sauna are great. It is clean and the staff is friendly. The continental breakfast is just that--a continental breakfast. Don't go expecting much more than cereal and muffins. I would try this motel again during the winter while skiing up at Mt. Rose.

Room Tip: I feel that the rooms that face the parking lot will always be loud in the summertime months.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Livetotravel4321
vbetncrt, Manager at Parkside Inn at Incline, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our facility. We are glad that you found the property clean and the staff friendly. It is unfortunate that you were awaken in the middle of the night by some insensitive guests. I can however assure this that this is not an every night occurrence and most of our clientele is respectful of others around them. I appreciate your comments regarding our Continental Breakfast. While we do not advertise a Full or Hot Breakfast, we do offer Coffee, Juice, Yogurt, Oatmeal, Granola, Cereal, Bagels, Bread, Muffins and Fresh Fruit. We look forward to welcoming you back in the Winter.
Northridge, CA
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My siblings and I booked this room for our sister's wedding that was being held at the Hyatt down the street. We couldn't afford the $430/night (2 night minimum) at the Hyatt and so looked for a less expensive option nearby. That is how we discovered Parkside Inn. It was still pretty pricey though, especially for a little inn. We spent $230 for a Saturday evening for 2 queen beds. I will say however, that the room ended up being much nicer than I initially expected. I believe it had been updated recently. We booked the deluxe room that included a balcony. It had nice looking hardwood floors and was spacious enough, considering there were 4 of us and other siblings stopping by to just hang out that was a good thing. The room was also clean and the TV & free wifi access worked well. The room also included a small refrigerator and little table with a couple of chairs which came in handy. One thing that was nice was that there was plenty of hot water too.

The continental breakfast was nothing to really speak of. A few bagels and bread slices along with some bananas were available. They also had oj & milk in beverage dispensers as well as cereal and yogurt available. We had to rifle through the drawers to find more napkins and look for the butter (which was in a squirting spreadable bottle--yuck). It would have been nice to have a better breakfast considering the price we paid for the room. I've paid 1/2 the price at other hotels and had 10 times a better breakfast provided so that was a disappointment.

Some of the other wedding attendees booked local condos for less money than we spent at the inn. The only thing about the condos was that they required a 2 night stay. We were only flying into Tahoe for 1 night for the wedding so in our case I guess it worked best. All in all not a bad hotel and I guess the price may have just been dictated by the Incline Village area. I will say that my sister's bridal suite at the Hyatt for $200 more was not all that much more fancier than our room at the inn.

I should mention that the staff was very helpful when I called the night before we were due to check in and asked for an earlier check in time. At that point we realized I somehow had booked the wrong date when I booked online. We were needing the room for Saturday night and I inadvertently booked it for Sunday night. Since this was for my sister's wedding I pretty much had a panic attack but the staff was able to swiftly remedy the problem and accommodate our earlier check in time which was very much appreciated.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank bluefaery
vbetncrt, Owner at Parkside Inn at Incline, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our operation. We appreciate your comments and will use them improve our services. I am surprised that you paid $230 for your stay with us since our maximum rack rate available at the property was $169. We do however understand that you booked your reservation thru a major Travel web site and often times they add surcharges that we unfortunately cannot control nor do they share with us. As the only other lodging property in Incline Village, besides the Hyatt, we pride ourselves in providing an alternative at a fair price and believe that we offer the best value in town.
We appreciate your comments regarding our breakfast and are happy to report that we have eliminated the use of the "squirting" butter bottles and are now offering real butter on individually wrapped packages. The use of the "squirting" bottles was our misguided effort to help conserve our planet's resources by reducing the additional packaging. We live and learn and will continue to improve our Deluxe Breakfast as we receive our guest's comments and suggestions. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Lake Tahoe soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Incline Village
Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino
Cedar Glen Lodge
Cedar Glen Lodge
#1 of 8 in Tahoe Vista

Been to Parkside Inn at Incline? Share your experiences!