My siblings and I booked this room for our sister's wedding that was being held at the Hyatt down the street. We couldn't afford the $430/night (2 night minimum) at the Hyatt and so looked for a less expensive option nearby. That is how we discovered Parkside Inn. It was still pretty pricey though, especially for a little inn. We spent $230 for a Saturday evening for 2 queen beds. I will say however, that the room ended up being much nicer than I initially expected. I believe it had been updated recently. We booked the deluxe room that included a balcony. It had nice looking hardwood floors and was spacious enough, considering there were 4 of us and other siblings stopping by to just hang out that was a good thing. The room was also clean and the TV & free wifi access worked well. The room also included a small refrigerator and little table with a couple of chairs which came in handy. One thing that was nice was that there was plenty of hot water too.
The continental breakfast was nothing to really speak of. A few bagels and bread slices along with some bananas were available. They also had oj & milk in beverage dispensers as well as cereal and yogurt available. We had to rifle through the drawers to find more napkins and look for the butter (which was in a squirting spreadable bottle--yuck). It would have been nice to have a better breakfast considering the price we paid for the room. I've paid 1/2 the price at other hotels and had 10 times a better breakfast provided so that was a disappointment.
Some of the other wedding attendees booked local condos for less money than we spent at the inn. The only thing about the condos was that they required a 2 night stay. We were only flying into Tahoe for 1 night for the wedding so in our case I guess it worked best. All in all not a bad hotel and I guess the price may have just been dictated by the Incline Village area. I will say that my sister's bridal suite at the Hyatt for $200 more was not all that much more fancier than our room at the inn.
I should mention that the staff was very helpful when I called the night before we were due to check in and asked for an earlier check in time. At that point we realized I somehow had booked the wrong date when I booked online. We were needing the room for Saturday night and I inadvertently booked it for Sunday night. Since this was for my sister's wedding I pretty much had a panic attack but the staff was able to swiftly remedy the problem and accommodate our earlier check in time which was very much appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our rooms feature NOVAFORM Theraupeutic Memory Foam Mattresses. These mattresses have become "the most highly recommended bed in America." All rooms equipped with new 32 inch, flat screen high definition TVs. In-room coffee service and irons and ironing boards in every room. Free high speed internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Parkside Inn at Incline reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkside Inn At Incline Hotel Incline Village
- Hotel Incline Village
- Motel Incline Village
- Inn At Incline
- Parkside Inn At Incline Incline Village, Lake Tahoe (Nevada)