“Expensive but better than I expected for an Inn”

Parkside Inn at Incline
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Incline Village
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My siblings and I booked this room for our sister's wedding that was being held at the Hyatt down the street. We couldn't afford the $430/night (2 night minimum) at the Hyatt and so looked for a less expensive option nearby. That is how we discovered Parkside Inn. It was still pretty pricey though, especially for a little inn. We spent $230 for a Saturday evening for 2 queen beds. I will say however, that the room ended up being much nicer than I initially expected. I believe it had been updated recently. We booked the deluxe room that included a balcony. It had nice looking hardwood floors and was spacious enough, considering there were 4 of us and other siblings stopping by to just hang out that was a good thing. The room was also clean and the TV & free wifi access worked well. The room also included a small refrigerator and little table with a couple of chairs which came in handy. One thing that was nice was that there was plenty of hot water too.

The continental breakfast was nothing to really speak of. A few bagels and bread slices along with some bananas were available. They also had oj & milk in beverage dispensers as well as cereal and yogurt available. We had to rifle through the drawers to find more napkins and look for the butter (which was in a squirting spreadable bottle--yuck). It would have been nice to have a better breakfast considering the price we paid for the room. I've paid 1/2 the price at other hotels and had 10 times a better breakfast provided so that was a disappointment.

Some of the other wedding attendees booked local condos for less money than we spent at the inn. The only thing about the condos was that they required a 2 night stay. We were only flying into Tahoe for 1 night for the wedding so in our case I guess it worked best. All in all not a bad hotel and I guess the price may have just been dictated by the Incline Village area. I will say that my sister's bridal suite at the Hyatt for $200 more was not all that much more fancier than our room at the inn.

I should mention that the staff was very helpful when I called the night before we were due to check in and asked for an earlier check in time. At that point we realized I somehow had booked the wrong date when I booked online. We were needing the room for Saturday night and I inadvertently booked it for Sunday night. Since this was for my sister's wedding I pretty much had a panic attack but the staff was able to swiftly remedy the problem and accommodate our earlier check in time which was very much appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank bluefaery
vbetncrt, Owner at Parkside Inn at Incline, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our operation. We appreciate your comments and will use them improve our services. I am surprised that you paid $230 for your stay with us since our maximum rack rate available at the property was $169. We do however understand that you booked your reservation thru a major Travel web site and often times they add surcharges that we unfortunately cannot control nor do they share with us. As the only other lodging property in Incline Village, besides the Hyatt, we pride ourselves in providing an alternative at a fair price and believe that we offer the best value in town.
We appreciate your comments regarding our breakfast and are happy to report that we have eliminated the use of the "squirting" butter bottles and are now offering real butter on individually wrapped packages. The use of the "squirting" bottles was our misguided effort to help conserve our planet's resources by reducing the additional packaging. We live and learn and will continue to improve our Deluxe Breakfast as we receive our guest's comments and suggestions. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Lake Tahoe soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

It was about high 80's when we got there. It was easy to find. Nice area in Incline Village. We chose this motel because it was the cheapest ( in the area) and had good reviews. We got it from Priceline doing an express deal $78+ we ended up adding about $30 more for 2 beds and an extra person. Good thing we got the ground floor for easy access. We all didn't mind how dark the room was but all the amenities in it were acceptable. There was a big fan in the other half of the room and the tv is only on the other half of the room. The kids chose the TV my husband and I got stuck with the fan which we needed coz it was quite hot in the room. I attempted to open the windows even at the back but saw that the screen was not secured and it was near the roadside so I abandoned that idea. The front windows had easy access to everyone so we kept all windows closed. The beds were a bit small for 2 adults so I had a hard time sleeping coz I was worried I'd fall.

The continental breakfast was quite sufficient. The pool was nice and warm and also the small jacuzzi. It must be really nice here in the winter time.

We drove to nearby Sand Harbor beach which was fantastic. Car entrance fee/parking is $10 for Nevada residents. Again it's summertime, we brought mats and beach towels but no umbrellas or tent. Trees were limited so our only option to cool off was go straight to the water. Unfortunately this is melted snow (lake) remember? It was ice cold. You can only go as far as knee deep or brave it and just dive in its very clear and inviting waters.

Dinner was a short drive too at Wild Alaskan Restaurant serving seafood. The food in general in this area is not cheap but most restaurants serve gourmet type of food. Wild Alaskan is worth a try. Order the Thai seafood soup as it is really yummy yet spicy.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank missla0922
Reviewed May 25, 2012

On the plus side, the front desk clerk was friendly and efficient and my room had a newly remodeled bathtub and stone tile shower enclosure.

On the minus side, the room was super dark (dark paint, few lights), the fixtures and furnishings were very dated and the enamel had worn off the bathroom sink in patches that were brown and rusty. It was loud when people walked, talked, or ran the shower in an adjoining room.

The price is not high, but then you don't get much either.

Room Tip: Maybe a room on the second floor won't be as loud as my room on the first floor was.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Darrick P
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Great option in Incline Village, next door to Diamond Peak and also close to Mt. Rose. Swimming pool, hot tub and sauna great perks, especially after skiing! Only downside was it would be nice to have mini-fridge and microwave in the room.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Deirdre-Tim
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This was our first visit to this motel and we would return. When you look at the cost of staying at Incline Village, this is a great option.

I have only one "complaint" about the room -- it is dark. The construction of the motel has overhangs of the windows, which prevent as much light as I personally like (I have skylights in most rooms in my house and white walls/carpets - so I am a light nut). The walls are painted a dark "decorator" color which adds to the darkness. On the other hand, there were 4 light fixtures (more than many hotels) -- 2 over the bed, 1 over the table, and 1 over the dresser -- all equipped with the new light saver bulbs, but they used the 23 w and not the 13 w.

The room had nice big flat screen TV with many choices; iron/ironing board/ hair dryer. Bed was SUPER comfortable (recently added the 3" temper-pedic mattress pad) and the queen bed actually came with 4 pillows (now that is a bonus not often found), Although there was no recliner or other very comfortable chair, there was gobs of space for skis, hiking gear and other sports accoutrement - or luggage for those who have to take everything they own along with them. Shower - basic, but plenty of hot water and pressure. Nice towels. Shampoo and body gel in dispensers mounted in tub.

Staff very helpful and pleasant. Located very near one of the major ski areas. Also well located to the Incline Village restaurants.

Check Restaurant.com for certificates for three of the nice restaurants at Incline -- and breakfast at Wildflower is very good -- 1/2 order of biscuits and gravy enough for 2 normal folks.

Room Tip: There is an indoor pool and sauna downstairs - if you want to use them, ask for rooms close to the a...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank patiD
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Clean, large comfortable rooms with Indoor pool and spa in Incline Village, which in my opin ion is the best town in Lake Tahoe.
The Inn is not fancy but has it's quaintness about it. The decoration is that of an Old Tahoe Lodge with extensive use of natural knotty pine through out the property. The staff is friendly and helpful. They do not offer any luggage assistance but the clerk was quick to volunteer to help with my luggage to my 2nd floor room. Would recommend to friends and family. 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank lionel p
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Basic, but clean and comfortable - this overnight stay was a great value. Located in a central location in town, it was very accessible with a pleasant staff. A couple of things that are important for a comfortable stay - consistent, reliable heater and awesome shower pressure - were an absolute plus in this hotel! I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jp2413
vbetncrt, Manager at Parkside Inn at Incline, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

We appreciate your comments and are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We will continue our efforts to provide clean, quite and comfortable accommodations and the best value in Incline Village. Thank you again, and we look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Incline Village
Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino
Cedar Glen Lodge
Cedar Glen Lodge
#1 of 8 in Tahoe Vista

Been to Parkside Inn at Incline? Share your experiences!