“My Favorite Vacation Spot!”
Review of Sand Harbor

Sand Harbor
Book In Advance
More Info
$169.00*
and up
Lake Tahoe Semi-Private Photography Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Rocky coves and boulders to jump off of are the primary features of this beach.
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I've come here several times on family vacations in the past and absolutely LOVE it here. Bouldering, kayaking, swimming, hiking, and just general exploring are merely a few activities that occupied me for hours here. (not to mention basking in the sun, reading, and taking naps on a towel) The views are absolutely stunning and while the water is a little on the chilly side, it doesn't stop most people from splashing around (especially me, being that I'm from AK) If I could pick 1 place to retire in 40 years, this would be it. Heaven on earth? I think this is as close as one could get.

All reviews
"out of state"
in 10 reviews
"gorgeous place"

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This park is just beautiful. If you go to Lake Tahoe, you must see this place! My husband and I walked all around and took many breathtaking pictures. I would love to go back there sometime and have a picnic and swim. We went in March and it was too cold to go swimming.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Visited in May. Stopped by during a business trip to Reno. While I didn't get to see much of the Lake Tahoe area, I have to believe that if I lived there, I would spend every day at Sand Harbor. The views are stunning. Since it was early May, nobody was in the water but there were a few people sun bathing on the beach. Nice short boardwalk to walk by the water.

1  Thank IYSAYKIWYT
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I took my family for a day trip while we we in Taboe for a dance competition. I read the reviews on trip advisor and I am very happy we got an early start. The beach was very crowded in July but very clean. I am a huge swimmer and I found the lake to be very cold. I did a mile swim around the beach area and it was worth braving the cold water! The water is so crystal clear you can see the fish swimming and the ripples in the sand below.

One thing I learned after our trip, there are some heavy currents in Lake Tahoe, so if you are into open water swimming make sure to have someone follow you in a kayak or paddle boat. (always a good idea) Near shore isn't the danger, I was way out by the bouys where is is very deep. I would definelty go again, maybe later in the summer.

1  Thank Ann M