“Needs better attention to maintenance”

Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Las Vegas/Henderson
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Los Angeles, California
“Needs better attention to maintenance”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for two nights here at the end of an 8 day trip. At first glance hotel looked good, aside from damage to the carport where someone tried to drive a large truck through it (this was repaired the next day). I was greeted by a professional, if not overly friendly, desk clerk.

I reserved a King room and that was what I got originally. But as soon as I got to my room's door and looked for my room key, the dogs in the room next door began to bark. Those dogs continued to bark whenever I walked around the room. There was no way I would be able to sleep with those dogs constantly barking at every little noise, so I asked for another room.

Unfortunately, all the King rooms were sold out so I had to accept a double queen room. The clerk, again while professional, didn't seem all that bothered over my inconvenience at having to move because another guest's dogs have to bark at every single noise. Not even an offer to have a chat with that particular guest, even though I could hear the dog's barking from the front desk (the room in question was just down the hall).

The replacement room I got was OK, though there were numerous cigarette burns in the carpet of a supposedly non-smoking room. But the rest of the hotel was looking a bit shabby. The carpet in the hallways was filthy and in some areas was starting to unravel.

For the price I paid I'm willing to give it 3 stars, but I was expecting better.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Orem, Utah
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We love staying at the Hawthorn in Henderson! The rooms are clean and functional, the staff is friendly - everyone from the front desk to housekeeping were kind and pleasant, and the hot breakfast is terrific! The location is convenient to everything we want to do in the area (mostly visit with family) and easy to drive right to. The lobby is clean, welcoming and free of cigarette smells. Love the access to the WiFi.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Sue H, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this review, November 5, 2014
Thank you for you TripAdvisor Review!

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your comments. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

If your travels bring you back to the Henderson/ Las Vegas area I hope you will consider staying with us again.

James Campa
Henderson
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My friend and I enjoyed our stay. I do suggest one thing. In room 214, there are 2 queen sized beds, however the mattress closest to the window is older and not especially comfortable. It should appear to be as thick as the other mattress in the room, but it clearly is not. Put in a new mattress and it would be a 5 star. Great breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for you TripAdvisor Review!

James Campa
Travelers also viewed these Henderson hotels
Best Western Plus Henderson Hotel
Fiesta Henderson Casino Hotel
Best Western Plus St. Rose Pkwy/Las Vegas South Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites Henderson
Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
Hampton Inn & Suites Las Vegas South

Been to Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Las Vegas/Henderson? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Las Vegas/Henderson

Property: Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Las Vegas/Henderson
Address: 910 S Boulder Hwy, Henderson, NV 89015-7516
Location: United States > Nevada > Henderson
Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Casino Hotel in Henderson
#11 Business Hotel in Henderson
#12 Romantic Hotel in Henderson
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Las Vegas/Henderson 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Las Vegas/Henderson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Henderson Hotel Henderson