“We had reserved a handicap room but were assigned a regular...”

Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Las Vegas/Henderson
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had reserved a handicap room but were assigned a regular room with an extremely small bathroom. Toilet room was so tight I had a hard time getting my walker into the room. Not much room on the sink, and no closet doors on our closet. I was unable to get into the tub for a shower as there was no grab bar.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Sue H, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

I am sorry for the confusion regarding your reservation regarding a handicapped room. I will look into why you did not receive the room type that you reserved. Your feedback is appreciated. Only with the feedback such as yours are we able to improve the service at our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly when you return to the Vegas/Henderson area, and I will personally insure that you receive a better stay.

1  Thank Barry M

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were traveling with our dog and were given a room that smelled so bad, we couldn't sleep that night. The next day we insisted on being moved and then received a good room, comfortable and clean. We would not stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that we were able to move you to a more comfortable room. I will look into why your first room was not up to the standard that I require. Please contact me directly if/when you return to the Las Vegas/Henderson so I could personally insure your experience is better than your last stay.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Sue H, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here twice this weekend - Wed. night and Sunday night. The cost was very low for what I got. I usually stay away from 2 star properties, but this one had much more than expected. Thanks to the other reviewers who made me take a chance - it was good enough to return a few days later.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your feedback. I look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at this pet-friendly hotel one night and were amazed at two things: the size and amenities of the room, and its cleanliness.

Our experience with pet-friendly hotels is usually the opposite: small, outdated and dirty rooms.

At the Hampton Inn & Suites, we were treated to a king size bed AND a queen-size bed. Both were very comfortable and outfitted with lightweight covers, but high quality sheets. Our room had a good-sized refrigerator and a microwave. TV was a bit older, a tube-type.

The bathroom was not quite as high quality as the rest of the place -- it was probably original to the hotel, which looked to date from the late 1990s.

BUT, the hotel was clean, top to bottom. Hallways smelled nice, the rooms had no off odors, and the grounds were picked up.

The breakfast offered was hot -- scrambled eggs, sausage, (factory) hash browns, and (factory) French toast, plus a complete complement of cereals, oatmeal, breads, buns, muffins, and some fresh fruit, in this case bananas and a couple oranges.

If it were closer to I-15 I would make a point of staying there. We were lured in by a travel coupon from hotelcoupons.com, which got us a Saturday room described above for under $60. Well worth the detour for almost any traveler.

Bottom line: THANK YOU to Hampton Inn & Suites for recognizing that pets cause far less wear & tear and damage than your average three year old child.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback regarding your previous stay at the Hawthorn Suites. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I look forward to serving you once again when you return to our area.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was far above expectations (waffles, yogurt, nuts-raisings-canberries-brown sugar to sweeten the cereal). My only complaint is a tiny bathroom sink (no place to put stuff next to the sink) which made me think I am in Europe.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you and your family enjoyed the amenities offered. We will be renovating our hotel within the next three months, and we will be addressing the sinks. Your comments are appreciated.