“Friendly and helpful” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Henderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have no idea how this place has any rating over a 2 - It was the worst smelling hotel room I have ever stayed in. I agree with the review before; the photos are NOT what you get. I got up at 5am and checked out for the simple reason that I couldn't sleep with the horrid smell. They need to deep clean and change the carpets. The smell is them trying to cover up the smoke smell and it just makes you want to pass out. Even my kids couldn't take it so we had to go outside most of the time.... very disappointed.

Room Tip: Here is a tip - Don't book!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked 10 days at this place for a long job in the high desert. It was the closes chain hotel to a job I had to do. I only live 350 miles away so I got there in the early afternoon. The rooms weren't ready at 12:30 PM so I asked for a TV list to see if I even wanted to stay, or find another place. I explained to the desk person that I coiuld only stay in a hotel for a long time if it at least had HBO. The TV list she gave me included HBO, so I decided to come back in an hour when the room was ready.

I had booked a jacuzzi tub suite. Long term rate was just $70 weekdays, and slightly more for the weekends. That was OK with me, even though my company pays the bill. That night, later, I clicked on the HBO channel, and got a blank. Now, it was after 10PM. The man at the front desk said "Ummm, I'm not sure if we have that channel any more." The second night I made sure to ask, in person, what was the exact channel for HBO. This night the young woman at the desk, said, "You know, even I can't get that down here, because that's an HD channel, and I can't get the HD channels down here for some reason." We went back and forth about the whole thing, but in the end, she couldn't get me HBO either. She did promise to leave a note for 'housekeeping' to get me HBO for sure the next day The 3rd day, after work, I found a new controller at my TV. Ahh, I thought, must be fixed. So I tried again. Still no HBO. This time I immediately called the front desk, now before 5PM. The desk person said, "Oh yes, HBO; we're working on that. The cable company has been called."
"OK will they have it up tonight?" I asked.
"I don't know", she responded, "if they come here tonight. Maybe tomorrow".
I checked out the next morning.
Look the room was OK. Quiet. Small fridge, microwave, and jacuzzi bathtub. I'd have loved it if it wasn't for the HBO problem. And I gave them plenty of chances to get it up. The hotel is right next to a small casino (filled with smoking retirees), across from a shopping center with restaurants and a 24 hour grocery store, and has a hot breakfast (albeit starting at 6:30am, which doesn't help me, when I'm working a job 30 miles away in the desert, where they start at 7am). Boulder Highway at this point, has a parallel paved pathway, meant for bikes and pedestrians, that goes on for miles. I did a 5 mile jog one night on it. I'd have loved to have stayed at this hotel for my entire trip. But I couldn't,. I moved someplace else 5 miles further away from my job, but with many HBO channels (and cheaper, by the way). Oh, and because I didn't stay the full 10 days, my rate was bumped up to $84 when I checked out that morning.

I've stayed at two Hawthorn Suites now. Both ironically have had HBO problems. What is it with the management here anyhow? Is HBO that expensive? And why LIE about having it on your TV lists, if it is too expensive.

If you're a traveller that doesn't mind this sort of thing, I think the hotel is OK, otherwise. I'd come back, for one or two nights. But then, I found a better place a little further away, that more fit my requirements. Vegas and Henderson are overrun with hotel choices. You can be picky.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Brooklyn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Your room photos show nice, deluxe rooms. The reality is bleak: no bedspread, just sheets. Two pillows to a bed, not four. A less than friendly or helpful check-in person. You're far away from anything in Vegas, and you aren't super cheap, so why are your rooms so cheap looking? VERY disappointed. Update your photos with the reality and drop your prices or remodel. You're not worth the distance or the cost. My husband and I felt cheated,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

McMurray, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed 2 nights and forgot that there was a free dinner offered on Wednesday nights and had already eaten. We missed Swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes and veggies. The hot breakfast was very good: scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, make-your-own waffles, yogurt, fruit, juice. The eating area is small but they have a group room that you can use if not booked by a private party. The room was clean and comfortable with lots of fluffy pillows and a desk. I enjoyed the easy chair with ottoman for my evening Bible reading. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't forget about the free dinner if you are staying on a Wednesday!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sue H, Front Office Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Las Vegas/henderson, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Trish,

Thank you so much for the great review and for recommending us! Glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities, and hopefully next time you get to take advantage of our complimentary dinner on Wednesdays. We look forward to your next visit to Henderson.

Sue Holsomback
Vancouver,Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

For very reasonable price you have clean big room, large(surprisingly large!) breakfast AND Wednesday night dinner! (meat loaf and veggies, I like it) Breakfast area a bitt too small , it is good that not all guest are coming in same time [:))
Location vise - for what I needed it was perfect.
Shopping center with Food Store (if you feel like fill up your fridge), good pizza place nearby and great access to highway to Las Vegas.

Room Tip: No big difference between rooms location.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Sue H, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Las Vegas/henderson, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Derbyska,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary meals. We are lucky to be in a convenient location, and have those available to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back, and hope to exceed your expectations again!

Warm Regards,