“Great staff, location and value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunset Station Hotel and Casino

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sunset Station Hotel and Casino
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Edmonton, Canada
“Great staff, location and value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Location is everything, and depending upon what you want, this hotel has just about everything or almost nothing. As other TA reviewers have noted, this hotel is not close to the Las Vegas strip and the large downtown casinos, so if that’s what you want, don’t stay here. On the other hand, if you want a modern property in a newer neighborhood, lower room prices, close proximity to shopping, restaurants and freeways, this might be the place for you.

I originally booked on the hotel website, but a few weeks later noticed the same room going for about half the price on Expedia. Needless to say, I canceled and rebooked, paying CAD$55 for 2 nights. The resort fee of USD$15 was tacked on when I checked in, but almost every Vegas property seems to carry this “hidden” cost. When we stayed here 5 years ago, the fee at least gave you wireless internet access, but no longer. You can grab free wifi in the public areas like the hotel restaurants and lobby, but if you want internet in your room, it’s an additional $9.99/day for slow speed, $12.99 for faster speed.

The check-in was easy and friendly, but the walk from the lobby to the elevators is quite lengthy. Anyone with mobility issues would have to get assistance from the bell desk. Once you get to the elevators, a security guard examines your room key to make sure you’re legit, a feature that we found quite reassuring. When we exited the elevator we immediately noticed signage about the entire floor being non-smoking. We recall non-smoking rooms but not non-smoking floors from our last visit, so if the hotel is moving towards healthier practices, we applaud it.

The room we got was clean, modern and reasonably spacious. It’s not quite as big as the room we remember from 5 years ago, suggesting that if we took a square footage hit because of our killer Expedia price, even the small rooms aren’t too shabby size-wise. The view from the 11th floor was nice; we could see mountains in the distance and the planes making their final approach to the airport. The bed was quite comfy and we slept well, especially considering the frantic day of air travel and car rental we had. The shower and toilet were small but mighty, featuring great water pressure and a roar like Niagara Falls. The vanity had only one sink but a huge amount of counter space, allowing Miss Cindy and me to really spread out. Thankfully, the faucet was quiet.

There are lots of retail outlets close to the hotel, so if shopping is your thing, you won’t be disappointed, nor will you have far to go. Many retail outlets, like Walmart, Costco and the Galleria Mall are more easily accessible on foot than car. Ditto for the many restaurants that dot the neighborhood. Speaking of food, the hotel has a nice selection of eateries onsite, too, so you need not leave the premises if you don’t want to. Our favorite onsite is the very reasonably priced Feast buffet, which features a huge array of dishes for amazingly low prices ($7.99 for lunch today, apparently $4.99 for breakfast and $9.99 for dinner, so long as you have a Player’s Card.)

All the staff we encountered, from food services to security to housekeeping, were exceptionally friendly and courteous. They couldn’t do enough for us, including the security guards who assisted us with shopping bags and the cafeteria worker who gave me a free hot water to go in the wee hours of the morning. Obviously there has been a lot of customer service training going on, and kudos once again to management.

Despite a few inconveniences, we enjoy this hotel for its location, price and ambience. We wouldn’t hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Better views from higher floors, next time will splurge on a mountain view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank septyandcindy
Adam S, Manager at Sunset Station Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for choosing Sunset Station Hotel and Casino as your place to stay during your visit to Las Vegas. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and we hope to see you again very soon.

Hotel Manager - Sunset Station Hotel and Casino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Hello all, Sunset Station is not your typical off strip hotel and casino. They offer nice amenities in the rooms and a comfortable gaming experience. Sometimes I wish it was all non-smoking but easy enough to get over it. They offer cool weekly offers including swipe and win (have not won big) but exciting! The restaurants are also top notch and even have a food court for something fast. There is s bowling alley, movie theater and pool, what more could you ask for...

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Sunset Station Hotel and Casino. We appreciate your feedback and truly value your business. We hopr to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Regards.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Quite part of Henderson yet located near the freeway. Very clean facility no smoke smell. Lots of locals not the usual crowd found on the strip area. Close access to a large mall across the street. Café has great specials for players from midnight to six am, very cost effective.

Room Tip: Nice view from upper floors.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Adam S, Manager at Sunset Station Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for making Sunset Station Hotel and Casino your destination during your visit to the Las Vegas area. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again very soon.

Fall City, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Terrible service upon arrival! One bed, three people! No towels tissues paper, had to ask daily! Cafe was terrible service and food! Argumentative waiter! Icing on cake.... Coming back to room and having it consumed in pot smoke! They did take off $75 for the fees, whoopee for 6 day stay! Noisy, smoky! Would not go back!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Sanch131
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sunset Station Hotel and Casino. Your business is appreciated and we truly do value your feedback.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues that you encountered during your visit. If you would like to discuss this in greater detail, feel free to contact me directly at adam.simon@stationcasinos.com.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the very near future.

Regards.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel. We rented a cabana for $50/day. The bartender at the pool said it was better we pay her with cash... So I gave her $60 and she gave me $10 back. I realize now that I did not get a receipt and really should have asked for one.... Because now we are being charged an additional $50 for the cabana and I have no way to prove we already paid. On our final bill we ALSO had a $51.33 charge from the pool grill and we have no idea what it is! The hotel initially took both those charges off only to add them 2 weeks later and charge our credit card. I have disputed with the bank and have a call into the hotel. This will be the 4th time I have explained this situation to someone at the hotel. One person being the operator who acted like she could help out, then told me I have no way to dispute it and said she needs to transfer me to someone else! We booked through hotels.com . I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. The original price hotels.com said we were booked for ended up to NOT be what we actually paid. If you stay here, get receipts for EVERYTHING!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Harp4travel
Thank you for staying with us at Sunset Station Hotel and Casino. We understand that you have many options available to you in the area and we truly value your business.

Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the billing issues that you have encountered. Should you choose, I welcome you to contact me directly at adam.simon@stationcasinos.com so that we can discuss it in grater detail.

Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

I checked into your hotel on Tues, July 29, 2014 with family. Our first nights stay at the hotel was great. We had such a good time at the pool that we booked a cabana for the next day. We had an nice time at the pool and in the cabana.

After spending the day in the sun with our 2 young children we decided to go upstairs, shower and head out to dinner. Once we got up to our room we discovered our keys didn't work. I went downstairs to registration and waited in line for over 10 minutes. Finally I spoke with a clerk and told him of our issue. He told me he'd need to see my ID to re-code my key card. My ID was in the room since we'd been at the pool all day. He said security would need to escort me to my room so they could check my ID. I waited for security for over 15 minutes. Meanwhile my husband and my children were standing in the hallway cold and hungry. Security finally came (after being called twice) and I was able to get into my room.

By this time it was too late to shower before dinner. Once we got downstairs we found that the restaurant we had been looking forward to all day was closed and so we had nowhere to eat other than the 24 hour cafe we'd already eaten breakfast at. My children were crying and my husband was upset. I went upstairs and when I tried to use my key for the room it again did not work. I had to once again go to guest services and get the key re-coded. At this point I was extremely upset and asked to speak with a manager. I was told there was no manager on duty. I asked when there would a manager and I was told "sometime tomorrow".

I am very disappointed with the lack of customer service from the employee I dealt with. We had a great time at the hotel otherwise. The customer service at the cabana was phenomenal. Sheri, Erica and Janet were friendly, outgoing and made sure we were well taken care of. Marina in the cafe was also a bright spot! However the gentleman at the registration desk, Eric, was horrid and was a terrible example of customer service. We live in AZ and stay at Sunset Station several times a year but after our most recent experience I will look elsewhere for our next stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Elizabeth M
We thank you for making Sunset Station Hotel and Casino your destination while visiting the Las Vegas area. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that you enjoyed our pool area.

Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the challenges that you faced during your visit. If you would like to discuss this in greater detail, please feel free to contact me directly at adam.simon@stationcasinos.com.

Oslo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Nice rooms, nice enough pool with cabanas you can rent for 100$/day (the music is a little loud - this is moustly a family hotel in my opinion), but the receptionists must try a little bit harder! Almost impossible to get a taxi at night (we were learning for the airport at 4 a.m), they didn't know the prices, gave us wrong information about the cabanas twice etc. Annoying. And it's allowed to smoke in the casinos - not a plus in my book.
Situated next to a nice enough mall. Quiet location.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Sunset Station Hotel and Casino as your place to stay during your visit to Las Vegas. We appreciate the feedback that you have given us regarding our property.

Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the challenges that you mentioned in your review. I welcome you to contact me directly at adam.simon@stationcasinos.com should you wish to discuss this in greater detail.

Hotel Manager - Sunset Station Hotel and Casino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Enterprise
South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa

Been to Sunset Station Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!