“Repeat Visitor” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Carroll, Iowa
“Repeat Visitor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was our second visit to this property, with this visit being six nights. We were in town for a nearby event, and this hotel's location and additional amenities with the event made it the perfect choice. We stayed in a standard room last year, and this year we opted for the upsell to a junior suite. I don't think we'll do that again, since the only benefits we saw to this extra expense were a telephone in the bathroom, and a view of the employees' outside break area rather than the garbage dumpsters we saw last year. Through our entire stay, at various time of the day and night, employees on their smoking breaks would talk and laugh very loudly below our window. The room itself was very nice with a comfortable bed.
Inside of the property, the staff should be commended on their friendliness and professionalism. From the valet to the casino dealers, the housekeepers to the food court staff, everyone went above in their duties, always with a smile and greeting. We always enjoyed speaking with the security guards by the elevators to the room, and one was very helpful with a small issue using the room card in the elevator.
We tried the buffet restaurant one evening for dinner, and another morning for breakfast. We found we just didn't care for the quality of the food. During our previous visit, and again on this visit, we ate at the Grand Cafe, and were happy with the food, the cost and the service.
The many pros of this property definitely outweighed the few cons we encountered, and I'd like to think it was due to increased activity because of the local event.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rjburd
Adam S, Manager at Sunset Station Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for choosing Sunset Station Hotel and Casino as your place to stay while visiting the Las Vegas area. We understand that there are many options available to you and we value your business and feedback.

Thank you once again.

Hotel Manager - Sunset Station Hotel and Casino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Sunset Station while he was attending a seminar there. We are regular travelers to Las Vegas, but usually stay on the Strip since we own a timeshare there through Hilton Grand Vacation Clubs. The reservation was included in the cost of the seminar, so we stayed there. It was clean, but just average for a hotel. The pool was undergoing a remodeling project, and they had the entire area closed. I asked the security guard at the hotel elevator if there was anywhere to go to just sit in the sun, other than the parking lot, and, after some thought, said no, there is nowhere. Since we had a rental car, I drove around looking for a place, and ultimately ended up at Hoover Dam. Kind of disappointed that I had to leave the property to sit outside. The food was just average, and the slots were just as tight as any other casino. Overall, I probably would not stay here again. If I'm looking for a place "off strip", we'd stay at Sam's Town.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Adam S, Manager at Sunset Station Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you for choosing Sunset Station Hotel and Casino as your place to stay while visiting the Las Vegas area. We truly do value your business and your feedback.

I sincerely apologize for the pool deck being closed down while you were here. If you choose, you may contact me directly at adam.simon@stationcasinos.com so that we may discuss your reservation in further detial.

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

When I arrived here I was surprised how nice it was seeing it was my first time in Vegas although it is paid by the company I am working for right when I seen the line for check in I knew I was in trouble. there was 1 person working and once in a while another would come out but that was short lived. I had to have a 3rd party credit card paper faxed to my work. 3hrs/ 2 counter people later standing at the counter they finally figured out how to get it to my employer. They knew I was standing there and even though there was no one in line they did not see if it was sent back I had to go up and ask every time I wanted them to walk to the back to see if the fax was there. I finally got up to my room 3 hours after walking in the door. something even with the faxing should not have taken more than 30 min my employer was waiting on the other side the whole time. I thought the pain was over, after I got up to my room my internet would not connect and was told on the phone they just had to fix something and the front desk could help me and it would take less than a minute. ok it took less than a minute but it took 30 min on hold yes I timed it because I had a long flight and a horrible check in already. I would not pay money out of my own pocket for a place that does not offer a smile when you walk up to the counter and make you feel like not a priority when my company is paying a whole week. I guess if you guys are paid your money in advance why go out of your way. After everything they could have offered me something even small for both the problems that were not the fault of me. We will see if anyone reads this before I go and maybe I can edit this and put a happy ending. I doubt it but if they can find it to make up for their end I will keep mine.

Room Tip: don't expect a whole lot going into it.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Adam S, Manager at Sunset Station Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for choosing Sunset Station Hotel and Casino as your place to stay while visiting Las Vegas. Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the issues that you had encountered during your check in process.

If you would like to contact me directly, I can be reached at adam.simon@stationcasinos.com and we can review your reservation in further detail.

Alta Loma, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I booked this hotel because it has the great price as compared to other Vegas hotel and most of the hotels are fully booked during our visit. The check-in and check out was quick and we did not encounter any issues. Our room was located on the top floor with a great view of the city. Our room was neat and clean with simple decor and not much of amenities. This hotel is good for family with kids since they have the kids quest and an arcade.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank wildorchid99
Thank you for choosing Sunset Station Hotel and Casino. We realize that you have many options for accommodation in this area and we truly value your business and feedback.

Thank you once again.

Regards.

Whitecourt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We have stayed at the Sunset Station the last few years on our way down to Laughlin to visit friends. It was a nice location off the strip close to shopping. Prices were reasonable and the rooms were large and clean.
My main complaint is the additional resort fee of $17 a day. I can see paying this if the services you were being charged for were operating but it should be waived if they are closed or not working. The resort fee is in part to cover pool charges and Wifi. The pool was closed and the WIFI was not working for both nights we spent there but the resort fee was still charged in full. My wife was prevented from even sitting out by the pool area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing Sunset Station Hotel and Casino. I am pleased to hear that you have returned to us and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the pool being closed during your visit. If you would like to contact me so that we may discuss your reservation in greater detail, I can be reached at adam.simon@stationcasinos.com.

Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

The lines were long at registration and they only had two people registering customers. It didn't seem to bother them that many people were waiting and standing for a long time. Meanwhile I see all sorts of people come from the back room. The check-in process was lengthy and yet they give very little information on where to park for your room or their amenities.
I chose to stay a day longer and rather than book online and take the chance of having to change rooms I called and I was told to come to the registration as soon as possible to reserve my room. Again there were long lines that I had to wait in and it is a long distance from your room to registration. They had my card on file and it certainly could have been reserved and I sign the paperwork at a time that wasn't so busy.
At any rate I did sign the paperwork for the next night after waiting again. The next morning, I left my room and when I returned I could not access my room with my keys. I had to go all the way down to the registration desk and wait and wait and I was told after talking to the manager that the person making the arrangements the second night didn't remake the keys to reflect the additional night and I was locked out.
The clerk didn't care what I had to go through and first tried to blame it on me that I demagnetized my keys. I called the manager because I knew that couldn't be true and he explained what really happened and gave an insincere apology. I had to wait another 10 minutes before he decided to come out. They both acted like it was no big deal.
I won't stay there again! They certainly don't seem to care about how much of your time they waste!!

Room Tip: Their rooms are nice but for the price they charge on weekends and special events it's not worth...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Adam S, Manager at Sunset Station Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for choosing Sunset Station Hotel and Casino. We realize that you have many options when staying in this area and we do value your business and feedback.

Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the inconvieniences that you encountered during your stay. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss your reservation in detail, I can be reached at adam.simon@stationcasinos.com.

Guardamar del segura
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

We just needed a place to get over our jet lag and do a bit of shopping before starting a mega road trip.. This fit the bill completely. Very easy to get to from the car hire building. Rooms are huge and luxurious, beds are comfortable. We booked another night.. Tip.. You get a much better deal going through hotels combined. On site restaurants are cheap and fill every need. Slots are loose, we won without really trying.. Bar drinks are quite cheap.. There's a huge shopping centre and Walmart nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing Sunset Station as your place to visit while in Las Vegas. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the very near furture.

Hotel Manager - Sunset Station Hotel and Casino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Enterprise
South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa

Been to Sunset Station Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!