“Pleasant surprise!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I booked this room for a one night layover on my way to Arizona. I got a great price and had read good reviews but I didn't really expect much. I must say I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the room was, from updated decor, comfort and cleanliness. The TV didn't have tons of channels but that wasn't all that important to me and my family.

The lobby wait at registration was a bit long - 10 minutes but the staff was friendly and helpful. I didn't check out the casino, I was just in for a good place to sleep on our trip. This fit the bill very nicely.

Room Tip: There is a guard at the elevator checking room keys so don't try to get up to your room without...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

HORRIBLE management! Asked to merge tables for my group of 14, manager did not have the decency to come to my table with his lame excuse that there was not room, busser notified me. The room was empty at 7:45 pm Sunday evening except for one other group of 15. Though there was no room to merge tables the staff had ample space to rearrange numerous empty tables for over 5 minutes disturbing our party. Service was OK and food at best was average. AVOID THIS PLACE IF POSSIBLE WITH LARGE GROUP. Gratuity was attempted to be added to bill also1

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DanKam
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

This was a very last minute thing for us. We were going to stay with our son in Henderson, but a mother in law showed up and we gave our room to her. We used Priceline and got a deal for $40 for that evening and the next night. The rate on the hotel web site was about $20 more a night. We weren't expecting much, but were surprised at how nice the room was. The weather prevented us from using the pool. However, the pool area is very nice looking. There's no jacuzzi which is a little odd. One thing that we really liked was that you could enter the hotel without having to go through the casino. The checkin deck is in the casino, but from the parking area for the hotel you can enter through a separate door. Very nice.

1 Thank BeachWizard4U
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I went to Sunset Station today and had a great time. The people we friendly and the food was good. I am not much of a gambler but I enjoyed learning how the different slots worked.
I did not stay at the hotel so I do not know what the rooms look like.

Room Tip: The atmosphere was very relaxing like you were at Disney World.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Sunset station hotel and casino for the week. We are locals and I would rate it above average to most other casino/hotels in the Henderson area. (I don't think it is fair to compare to hotels on the strip being so far away.) It is located just off a major freeway and a 20 minute drive to the big casinos. I thought there were a lot of positives. There is a a lot of in house restaurants, bowling alley, movie theatre, and even a kids play area. My daughter was young for us to enjoy it but I would say it is worth it to drop the kids off for a couple hours for parents to enjoy a little time away. Make sure your kids have up to date immuninaztion records or they are not accepted. I could see advantages for business travelers because of their large conference rooms. (There were two going on during our stay). The negatives were the food choices were okay. Traditional fast food options. Luckily there is a Mimi's Cafe and in and out burger nearby. The rooms were standard and functional, but you could tell some renovations were needed. The toilet didn't flush quite right, the outlets were broken so it was a search to find a working outlet to charge my cell phone. You do have 3 Mbs of free room wi fi. After that it is $9.99 for basic access. Overall, it's worth the rate to stay here which were on special.

Stayed November 2013
Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

We didn't stay here as we were only passing through town so I don't know about the hotel but the Feast Buffet was wonderful. After checking out strip-casino prices the low price for this "locals casino" buffet was gratefully appreciated. The service was prompt and friendly. Since it was November there weren't a lot of people there; it's possible it gets busier in the summer months.

My wife played slots briefly and won a bit. My preference is Blackjack and Craps and the Blackjack dealers, at least, were very nice. They remind me of the mountain-casino staff at home in Colorado (as opposed to the sometimes irritable reception of certain strip casino dealers). I felt totally comfortable and would have loved to play longer but time didn't permit.

Shelton, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I spent three days last week visiting the Sunset Station Hotel and had a wonderful time. the staff was warm and welcoming and one of the hotel managers- Adam Simon was truly a standout. He was instrumental in helping to find the best shows and resturants. He went out of his way to ensure we were all enjoying ourselves and were satisfied with our accommodations. We had a great meal at the Sonoma steakhouse located in their casino, and went bowling afterward which was a pleasant diversion from gambling. I would recommend this property to anyone who wants to have all the action of Vegas, without the crowds and craziness of the strip!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Enterprise
South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa

Been to Sunset Station Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!