1,059 results
All reviews bowling alley movie theater resort fee oyster bar kids quest galleria mall feast buffet room key panda express off the strip table games video poker las vegas players card the mexican restaurant fast food per day
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I spent three days last week visiting the Sunset Station Hotel and had a wonderful time. the staff was warm and welcoming and one of the hotel managers- Adam Simon was truly a standout. He was instrumental in helping to find the best shows and resturants. He went out of his way to ensure we were all enjoying ourselves and were satisfied with our accommodations. We had a great meal at the Sonoma steakhouse located in their casino, and went bowling afterward which was a pleasant diversion from gambling. I would recommend this property to anyone who wants to have all the action of Vegas, without the crowds and craziness of the strip!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2013

It's hard to give a low rating to a cheap place, just being safe & decent is enough to warrant at least 3 stars but Sunset Station really rubs me the wrong way.

First you have the resort fee. I know this is the new Vegas trend, the trick to get around all the booking websites and appear cheap but at $16.95, this place is confusing it's amenity options with some place a cut or three higher. One of the reasons to stay off-strip is to get away from that attitude, shame they ran with it.

Of course that would only be a star down but, after paying up, it turns out their internet access is an entirely separate fee. I'm not aware of any major strip-hotel that charges for both... in fact, you could really blame internet access for causing the resort fee in the first place. Charging one and then not including it? That's just shameful business practice... I'm sure far more people go online than to the gym (which by the way is better than your typical business hotel but far, far, far more basic than the gym / spa combos found on the strip).

Other than that, it's a pretty straight forward place. Rooms are dated with partial upgrades like new beds, 40" flat-panels, and hot water that took way too long to get hot.

The casino is locals focused which means you get some good values if you want to play but less of the thrill of the strip of course.

On the plus side, and really why I'd come back, there's a theater right inside with 11 screens I believe and a few good, simple meal options. Makes it a lot easier to skip the tables and still enjoy your evening.

Overall the value is there for a quick stay, or pass-thru like mine, but the whole show one price and almost double it at check-in approach is just plain evil. If they'd been upfront, I'd probably have given them 2 more stars... or ended up at a business hotel instead for the same price.

Room Tip: The low numbers are near the elevator, at least one side of it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ted S
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Had a nice 3 nights in a clean, quiet environment. The toilet in our room had a freakish flush groan in the walls but we found it entertaining.
Staff were very nice, pleasant and genuine including one security guard who obviously had too much coffee or red bull.
The Oyster Bar was incredible; great food with service and prices to match!
Close to Costco and Wallyworld!
Downsides:
NO SHUTTLES TO ANYWHERE. We took a cab to Sunset, in then decided to get a rental so we walked to Enterprise and rented a car. Despite the $40 fee to return a non airport vehicle to the airport we were way ahead. If flying in, GET A RENTAL AT THE AIRPORT as the cab fare alone is round 50 bucks each way. Then use the rental to drive to the strip, Fremont st (tons of free parking at the casinos), Hoover dam etc on your own terms.

NO FRIDGES. WE really would of liked to have someplace to put a snack.
POOL CLOSED; only opened weekends (nov) and their website didn't mention this.
STARBUCKS: the store front their has bagels but does NOT have facilities to toast them there, so no breakfast sammys or toasted anything.
All in all was a great place to stay off strip (really off strip) but you'll need a rental unless you're of the type that zombies in front of a slot machine chain smoking.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Father Time has taught me that I can't expect to spend all of my time in the casino when I visit a gambling destination. That's why I stay in Henderson at the Sunset Station. I drove into town, this time, so I was able to easily bring my golf clubs and my bowling ball. I played golf at The Legacy (great Arthur Hills course). I also bowled three games at the on-site bowling alley, making sure to take advantage of the reduced rates after 9pm. I also enjoyed eating at the Buffet, Pasta Cucina, and Oyster Bar restaurants.

I stayed in a King Junior Suite. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was large, with two separate sinks on either side of the bathroom. The shower was draining a little slowly when I first tried to use it, but when I called the front desk someone came to fix it within ten minutes. The sofa and chair in the room were very worn, but that kind of thing doesn't give me an infarction.

All of the employees I came in contact with were friendly and positive, without exception. As for the resort fee, I'm kind of unclear on what, exactly, it covers. If Sunset Station still had an airport shuttle I wouldn't bat an eye. I guess you have to look at the bottom line and figure that the room rate is still a good deal.

I will definitely be back next year and I recommend Sunset Station to like-minded travelers.

Room Tip: I think there are only in-room coffee makers in the suites.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank thelongguy
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just spent four days at Sunset Station and loved our stay. The room was comfortable and clean and the restaurants had just aboout anything we wanted especially the Italian restaurant.
Can't say I like the amenity charge that much but I guess that is the way all the hotel are going. The one thing I did not like was I asked two different people at two different times before we arrived to get us our rooms facing the front of the hotel because the back you see and hear delivery trucks all times of the day and night. But sadly that did not happen. Fortunately we were on a higher floor so some of the sounds were a little less noticable. Would we stay there again? yes in fact around Christmas. The service was great and the people were great.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to keep the delivery truck sounds down.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family