“Great Value for Buffet”

Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great Value for Buffet”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Wow, been to Red Rock & Green Valley Ranch for their Fiesta Buffet.
Gotta say the one at Sunset Station was cheaper and same food quality.
I'm not saying it's the best buffet around but for the price you can't go wrong. Always a stop for us when in Vegas.
We forgot our phone on the table, we realized what we did and went back only to see the table was cleared already. Ask the waiter if he saw a phone and he was honest enough to had turned it in to the manager then told the manager that he bet that we will come back. Sure enough there we were to get our phone, Needless to say I gave him a big tip for being honest. I think his name was Roberto. In my haste to go back to our hotel I forgot to mention to the hotel manager about his honesty and he should have his honesty mention in his employee file.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank asiatravler29

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Okay, let's start by saying the Sunset Station Hotel is best known as a local spot -- off the strip and away from the crowds. That is exactly why we stay there. We have family that live in Henderson, and when you wrap this hotel into a flght package (Virgin America), it's worth it for a quiet place to sleep after a full day of grandchildren. The parking lot is huge; the pool is terrific (in season). Room service was very prompt (but we are very early risers). There is a movie theatre (we take the grandkids) and a small game arcade.

The best feature is The Oyster Bar (seafood). We finished a Sunday in there with a very nice seafood dinner (prawn cocktail, caesar salad w/ crab meat, New England clam chowder) and were able to watch our favorite team on Sunday night football. The seafood place was packed.

So if you want something informal, easily accessible, where you can entertain children if necessary, the Sunset Station is an easy recommendation to make.

Room Tip: Rooms facing West give you a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I travel through Vegas several times a year and this year we decided to stay in Henderson for a change. We have never stayed on one of the station properties and picked this one out of the blue. The property measures up to any on the strip and then some. It is simply beautiful and very clean. Rooms and very nice and the food in the hotel is great and very reasonable

Room Tip: Try to get as high a floor as possible
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Marketed very heavily as a local’s casino, the Sunset Station is very well located for out of towners for their first night in the Vegas area as a gentle way to get the Vegas feel without the strip and for the nearby shops, golf and freeways which allow you to get to the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam and Lake Mead areas.

I have stayed here on a few occasions and find the staff very friendly and the rooms excellent given the price you pay. The mandatory resort fee is an unfortunate down-side to this hotel (and almost all Vegas area hotels), the bathrooms in the standard rooms are quite small and old fashioned (motel style with the sink outside the bathroom) and the pool hours are pretty poor. The buffet cannot be beaten for value for money though it is a little uncreative when compared to some of the others in the Vegas area as the vast majority of diners are local so the emphasis is on comfort food rather than international fayre.

I’ve stayed in “four star” hotels in the UK that charge five times the price for what you get here.

We were given a free upgrade on check-in from a standard room to a suite (we booked through the hotel website, checked in at 4pm and it was a Tuesday night). The suite was absolutely huge and we felt guilty about the fact we couldn’t really make the most of it as we were off at 7am the next morning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The staff was wonderful, very helpful. The location is great it's by a mall and other shopping places. There is a theater in the casino. The rooms were nice and comfortable.
I did have to call housekeeping to come and clean the toilet and tub. Toilet was nasty and the tub was just dirty. They came up right away and cleaned it. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I recently stayed at Sunset in Henderson for three nights 9/16-9/19- overall experience was OK- rooms were comfortable and clean- only irritating thing was walls are so thin -everyday I could not only, clearly hear the conversation of the people in the next room, but also hear them using the restroom, which needless to say was very unpleasant. The Cafe staff that I experience (Nadine) was very plesant and accomodating and hotel staff member Melanie was very customer service orientated - she gave me good suggestions where to eat in the hotel and even escorted me to where I need to go. Would stay there again if they could get insulation in walls.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a full week in mid September.

This was my second time at this proprty, I can safely say that it's my favorite place to stay in the LV valley area.
I know it's not as swanky or fancy as Red Rock, Encore, Aria ,etc but that's not my number one priority.

What I appreciate about this place is the "comfortability" factor. The rooms are great/clean, restaurants are plentiful and tasty with great value(especially the buffet, they have a starbucks right downstairs (so no need to complain about no in room coffee), and the casino is by far my favorite to gamble in, so friendly and not over crowded like the strip. (Gold Coast used to be my go to place for these reasons until I discovered Sunset).

All in all, I was very satisfied with my stay and look forward to coming back every year.
If distance to the rest of Clark County is an issue, just rent a car, way cheaper than a cab everyday.

My only gripe, would be to include quality wifi in room (included with resort fee) without having to pay extra for better coverage.

Good job Sunset Station.