“Great room!”

Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Hebron, Maine
“Great room!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband was on a business trip and I tagged along - we stayed at this hotel. At first I was a little bummed it was outside of Vegas but its so close that it didn't really matter. Great facility, food was good and the service was great. Room was very clean. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We ended up at Sunset Station after being unable to get a room at one of the sister hotels. The room was in need of updating & repairs, bad tile grout and peeling wallpaper in the bathroom, Lots of little things that could add to the stay were also missing---only 2 bath towels in a room with 2 queen beds---no in room coffee or beverage refrigerator. On the good side, the breakfast at the quick restaurant was fast, tasty and a good value for the money. This would not be my 1st choice if I stayed again.

1 Thank RamblinRoseColorado
Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Recently I stayed at Sunset Station for a night. I was heading home from a long hiking trip with my son, and we needed a place to stay before our flights home the next morning. A friend suggest this hotel as an inexpensive, clean, and comfortable place to stay. We had a basic two bed room, which cost somewhere around $75 for the night, including all fees and taxes. Since even an inexpensive Hampton Inn generally costs much more than this, I found this to be a bargain. We found our room to be clean and comfortable. No complaints. Nothing over the top, but, that is not what we reserved or needed. Everything worked as it should. Nothing seemed to be showing excessive wear. The decor was quite different from what I am used to. Having never been to Vegas before, I don't know if this normal.

Security was very visible. We needed to show our key card to get to the elevators, and saw security personnel riding bikes through the parking lots. So, security appears to be a priority of the property.

Would I stay there again? If it was just me or if my son was with me again, sure. It was a nice place that served its purpose well. If my wife was with me, don't know. Since the hotel is built around a casino, and we are not gamblers, the casino atmosphere would probably turn us off as a couple. Nothing against the property, we just don't get into the casino/gambling/high rollers/party atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Craz4u
Chicago
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here two nights on business. Upon arrival, there was dried ketchup on two surfaces. I foolishly cleaned it up, but complained. They gave me back my tax (nice, not!). It only got worse. I tried to shower in the morning, and the shower misted at me. I couldn't even get my hair wet. It wasn't working. I had a meeting and this was the worst! Then the toilet started to bubble loudly like a jacuzzi on the morning of my check out. The room was non-smoking but smelled like an astray and the food at two of the restaurants was "Walmart" quality. I will never ever go back. This was my worst hotel experience in two years of business travel.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel. Not worth your stay.
2 Thank Rosemary R
Red Bank, New Jersey
Reviewed August 3, 2013

If you bring your children to Las Vegas this is a great hotel for you. The Hooters is closed. They have a bowling alley, a movie theater and all kinds of other things for the kids to do here. There is Security EVERYWHERE! You have to show your room key to get to the elevators. I was stopped walking across the parking lot. EVERYWHERE! Not that the Security is a bad thing it’s just not my thing. The property is very nice and the rooms are great.
I personally will find other accommodations with more of an adult setting.

Jeffersonville, Indiana
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I spent 4 days at Sunset Station in mid-June, and enjoyed it immensely. As a former resident of Vegas, I wanted to stay off the Strip to avoid the traffic; this proved to be an excellent location, just off the interstate, & with easy access to Boulder Hwy & Tropicana Blvd. After reading a number of reviews complaining about smoke odor, noise, etc., I was a little concerned, but really should not have been. My room [5th floor] was clean, modern, quiet, smoke free, & convenient. Price, even with the "resort fee" was quite reasonable; and no, the resort fee was not a surprise tacked on at the end of my stay. I actually read the description of the hotel, and was expecting it! If I have any gripe, it would be having to either leave my car in the hot sun in the parking lot, or make a long walk from the parking garage side to the hotel side. Will I stay there again? Absolutely!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Phoenix
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Recently spent the Fourth of July week at Lake Mead and we discovered Sunset about 10 years ago. A year ago they finally updated their bedding - yeah! And towels; but the towels are already worn out. What we like is how easy it is to keep our boat here. Very easy parking, and Wal Mart is across the street as well as Costco. We're in the room to just sleep, so they are perfect. Always feel safe here - and their bike security keeps an eye on the boats that are parked out on the lot. Like that there is a side door (although steps), making an easy entry to the elevators for the room...don't have to walk through the lobby/casino after a long day on the lake. We go as a group and always have one evening at the bowling alleys - good pizza and lots of fun. If the weather is bad on the lake and we have to come in early/not grill dinner out there, the restaurants are all great here, too - Italian, Mexican and especially Sonoran Cellar. Within walking distance is Red Lobster, Mimi's Cafe, and some other chain restaurants. For those pulling boats that don't want to unhook and drive someplace, this is nice - easy walk to lots of places. Downside is that our boat will not fit in the drive up area for checking in. This is the only area that the porters/bell-hops will get your luggage. And, you can't use the luggage carts - they have to assist. Because of this, they would not come around to the side door to help us download all of our luggage, coolers, etc, to take to the room. I really think management should change this policy. There were four families on this trip - a total of 8 rooms for 7 nights. You really couldn't come get our luggage around the corner from the front desk??!!

Room Tip: If you are staying with a boat, ask for a room facing the east toward the highway so you can look ou...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends