“This place is authentic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Detroit Motorcity Coney Is HM - CLOSED

Detroit Motorcity Coney Is HM
East Lansing, MI
“This place is authentic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

I grew up in Michigan. I have eaten at Layfayette, American, Angelo's and Sparty's. The point is, I have eaten a few coney's in my day. So, I was curious if this little place could compare. Good news! It does! The place is small, maybe seating 30, with a few outdoor tables. You order at a counter and take a seat. There isn't much time to soak in the ambience (which is supplied by Michigan sports team memorabilia) before the food arrives. I wouldn't eat a hot dog if it was the last food on earth, so my go to menu item is the loose hamburg. It was tasty and the sauce had traditional flavor. With a Vernor's to drink, I felt like I was back home! There isn't much else in downtown Henderson so serve as a draw, but they appear to be trying to refresh the area. If you're in the area, it's worth a try.

• Visited September 2011