“1st Vegas Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Dallas, Texas
“1st Vegas Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Really enjoyed the stay. Spacious room, great functioning kitchen, comfortable bedding. I thought it would be odd with the color scheme but it's not as bright as the pictures portrayed it to be. Went during the USA National Body Building show. About 5/10 minutes from the airport (and you really don't hear it) and 5 minutes around the corner from Walmart Supercenter. I was complimented on how close it was to things but not so close to busy traffic of Vegas. Would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Murrieta, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had a two-bedroom, two-bath suite and it was roomy and pretty well priced, but the building is old and doesn't have a Marriott feel to it, more Best Western or Comfort Inn.

The location is ok.

They are doing some renovations to the lobby and breakfast was at the Courtyard Marriott across the street - the breakfast was great (though there was a ton of people in a very small area because of the two hotels being served by just one of them).

The elevator went out the morning we were leaving and we had to carry our bags down the three flights of stairs.

Overall, it met our needs, but not our expectations. Having said that, the RI's in general seem to be an aging brand (at least in the four I've stayed in on both the East and West coast).

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We frequent Residence Inns because we usually love to take our dog with us and we enjoy the included breakfasts. This trip was just the family, but we chose it to try to cut down on expenses visiting Vegas. The staff was friendly and helpful. The lobby was being redecorated and they accomodated guests by giving a breakfast pass to the Courtyard Marriott across the street. My biggest complaint is the room decoration. It really looked straight out of 1990. The rooms were clean, but there were stains on some of the tired looking furniture. The vanity in the bathroom area was extremely low. I'm not a tall person and I noticed it. I would also like to see real wood hangers instead of cracked cheap plastic ones. When you're tired and detail oriented, those small touches really make a difference in a guest's experience. I'd just assume they put the money into the rooms rather than the lobby! One other note: other reviewers have mentioned the poor sound insulation. I agree with this, it is really bad. It doesn't bother anyone else in my family except me, so if you've got sensitive hearing, I suggest you book a top floor. The air conditioning works fine, so it's not any warmer than the other floors. As long as they have an available room, the staff is great about switching rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
FORT IRWIN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have stayed here a couple times, mostly prior to us flying out on vacation. We live 2 1/2 hours away and The Residence Inn is a very comfortable, reasonible choice.

Rooms are always clean, shuttle to the airport is very reliable.

Plus Marriott hotels allow you to park your vehicle at the site while you are on vacation for free.

We get there a day before our flight, have a great night sleep, a wonderful breakfast and off on vacation. When we return they pick us up and bring us back to our car. Safe and secure in their parking lot.

San Clemente, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were in a ground floor suite which is very comfortable with two bedrooms, each with own bath. Since the breakfast area is under remodelling, all customers were asked to have breakfast at Courtyard on the other side of the street. The breakfast at Courtyard is wonderful with friendly staff and cook to order breakfast is very good. The problem I have is the poor sound insulation. At 12:00 am I was still awake due to noise of people walking on the floor upstair. I heard people talking, laughing and sounds of luggage rolling on the floor. I called front desk and the clerk was very attentive who contacted upstair. They were quite for about 15 minutes then started again. I just endured it.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Patrick C
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My parents and my own immediate family stayed here for 2 nights at the end of June. We chose a 2 bed/2bath suite. It was great for us! Everything worked well, and the room was very clean. The refrigerator handle needs repair, but that was a minor issue.
The pool area was very nice. I actually enjoyed being close to the airport and watching the jets fly over so low, but I can see that some might not enjoy that aspect while trying to relax.
The breakfast area was taken care of by two very friendly and hard-working ladies. There were ample hot and cold choices.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Santa Ana, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you need accomodations slightly outside of the Strip area in Vegas, this hotel works well. It IS directly in the flight path of the airport which can be annoying when you're lying out by the pool trying to relax, but not much they can do about that. The lobby is currently being remodeled, so there's a makeshift one off to the side that's blocked off from the construction work. I imagine when done, the lobby will be up to par with all the newest RIs out there. The rooms are definitely still stuck at about 1993. The carpet and bedding may be current, but the furniture and kitchen appliances are woefully bad. Hopefully a room remodel is next on the list after the lobby.

I had trouble convincing the maintenance staff that my A/C was not working properly when they suggested I had moved the thermostat from auto to manual...I'm 42 years old and well aware of how to operate a thermostat...so the "see? isn't that better?" felt condescending. However, after I suggested it was likely out of Freon, I came back 4 hours later to an ice cold room, so they must've taken my word for it and charged the system. After that, all was great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple