“Not Bad”

Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Long Beach, California
“Not Bad”
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We stayed twice on our road trip once to see the hoovr dam and the other on the way home from the grand canyon. We stayed on the 10th floor and then the 3rd floor, this place is pretty nice for the price the staff was attentive and kind.

The restuarants are pretty good I think we tried all of them fuego has some very good prime rib (although I didn't like ther blooming onoin) . the buffet was actualy better than I anticipated, my wife loved it. and the mexican place was ok we got the fajitas because they were buy one get one free, they aren't bad (I don't care for fajitas anyway). The Denny's inside was like a denny's but the staff was better than typical. not bad for 50 buck a night. The only thing is I figured we would get a discount in price coming back to stay on a monday night but the price was the same as we paid for fri nad sat nights

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 20, 2010

This is a great hotel (aside from the smoke, which we found was in all of the casinos). We stayed six nights and have nothing but praise for the accommodation. Our room was very clean, with lots of TV channels, and wireless internet. The food in the buffet was excellent and only $7, M-Th, and $10 on weekends – with an Amigo card from Guest Services. The lower showerheads that others took issue with have been fixed – I’m 6’3” and had great showers. Parking was easy, secure, and free. We had a GPS to navigate us around Las Vegas. Not sure what you’d do here without a car? People in the hotel and on the street were very friendly. Can’t comment on the drinking or gambling bc we did neither. We were in town for a sporting. Next visit will tour Hoover Dam, go dune buggying, and spend more time in Red Rock Canyon.
PS: Sorry, no photos I can share

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed November 9, 2010

For the price you pay at the Fiesta it can't be beat. The only reason I don't give it an excellent score for value is because of their Resort Fee. I didn't use any of the amenities described in the Resort Fee charges and would rather pay for what I need (Internet I'd pay for if I wanted it). They should just adjust their rates accordingly to include these things since it is a mandatory fee. But there are many places that have such fees so I guess it is what it is.

Checked in at 5PM and I was the only one checking in at the time. Gotta love that. One reason I stay away from the mega hotels is it's usually such a hassle to check in. There are only 2 elevators to service the 10 floors and I was on the 10th, but never had to wait more than a few seconds. The room itself was quite clean with Ironing Board and the usual bathroom stuff. No coffee pot, but that's typical of casino hotels at this price.

Food selection is very good here. Just wish Denny's wasn't their main 24 hour restaurant. You can find Denny's anywhere. Oh well, they have a nice little food court plus a couple of other restaurants I didn't try, along with a Starbucks.

I love the location since I like to wander to the outlying areas in Vegas. Didn't even hit the strip this visit. If you don't have a car, I don't recommend staying here.

All in all, it's a very good hotel unless you are used to staying in the newest and most posh kind of places. It's very functional and a great value.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 12, 2010

First off, let me say it is no wonder that the rates are so low. Now, on to the review. The whole experience started off badly when we arrived the day of our reservation and was told our room was not ready. We had to wait almost 2 hours. The staff at the hotel desk were very distant and seemingly appaled when I questioned them about having to pay an incidental deposit fee of 100 dollars which there is nothing about this anywhere on the website. Anyways, after disputing this, they ONLY wanted 50 for the deposit. So, on the way to the room, the elevators are across the casino floor. kind of a hassle if you have a large amount of luggage. The elevators themselves are in need of service. Now, finally to the room. I reserved a non-smoking room and when we stepped out of the elevator, it smelled like an ashtray that had not been cleaned for over a year. The room ended up being a smoking room, but I was already annoyed at this time and figured for one night we could cope. The room did not have ANY amenties that were promised. When I called to confirm the reservation, the CSR I spoke with said there was a coffee pot (did not have one), a flat screen tv (had a 27 in CRT) and I was told that there would not be any additonal fees, see deposit above. Nothing that was told to me was true thus far. Upon check out, my restraint was tested. Along with just being flat out rude, the desk person tried to tax my deposit and give me back only 48 dollars of it. That led to a somewhat heated discussion. Finally he gave me back the whole deposit.

Now, for Dennys. While waiting for our room, we decided to eat. We ordered and when we got our drinks, wouldn't you know, a glass of milk was not brought. When we informed the waiter, he went and got a small glass of milk that was HALF full. When we asked if that was a small glass, he said yes. The we pointed out that the glass was ONLY half-full. He looked perplexed and then finally did bring a full glass of milk back, tryng to say he was so busy. That is a good one. He knew how much milk was in the glass WHEN it was brought to the table. We ordered eggs over easy. Well, they were over easy alright, almost to the point of not being cooked properly.

The ONLY redeeming quality of the entire hotel and casino was the casino floor. The people working the floor were nice and the machines were in good condition. But they did still have quite a few older, outdated machines with the CRT screens instead of the flat screen LCD.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HuachucaThunder

Travelers are raving about these Henderson hotels

Menifee, California
Reviewed August 18, 2010

My wife and I choose this resort because we play bingo and we wanted a inexpensive room rate off the strip. It is off the strip, eight miles south of the strip. It is located in Henderson at the end of the 215 freeway. We had played bingo here a few times before but never lodged here.

Like another traveler mentioned, the staff failed to point out over the phone the resort fee of $11.99 per night. We booked our room over the phone. I like to check the online rate while I'm on the phone with a hotel. I compare and mention any differences between the rates. For this booking the rates were the same.

At check in, I used cash for the incidental fee of $100. The clerk seemed to not like it. They informed me that my room would have to be inspected at check out before they returned the fee. I got a reduced rate for booking more than two nights also. The resort issues coupons for discounted specials.

We got a non-smoking king bed room, but, I smelled cigarette smoke the entire time I was in the room, actually the entire floor we were on reeked of the odor. Our bed was comfortable, very comfortable. The A/C seemed to struggle to keep the room cool during the day even though it was over 105 degrees outside. The bathroom was very large but the shower head was inadequate. The room did include an iron and a board also. The wi-fi, which is included in the resort fee, had a strong signal.

The hotel has a twelve screen Regal movie theater, Denny's, Fat Burger, Subway, a Mexican restaurant, and a steak house. There is a buffet also. It serves lunch and dinner and one of the better tasting and plentiful buffets I have experienced in the Vegas area. Lunch was $6.99 and dinner $8.99. Bingo is played on the odd hours between 9 AM and 11 PM and they play on all paper. A gentleman won $10,000 on the super jack pot during our last game. The slots, at least the one's I played, were stingy. There is also a large pool with a hot tub. The pool is only three feet deep, so, with the hot temps, it seemed like it was a hot tub also.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
moab
Reviewed July 25, 2010

when me and the other half was looking for a place to stay we found fiesta in henderson. We have always stayed on the strip of vegas. I injoyed fiesta hotel because you were like half ways to the strip and half ways to the dam and it worked out very well for us this trip. I would stay there again. They have places to eat. things to do.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Lakewood, CA
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Casino, hallways and elevators very smokey. Room nice. Wished for a coffee pot. Clean and bed comfy. Reserved rooms by phone and were not told about the service fee ($11.29 per $32 room per day-which by the way had no use to us because we didn't use it like valet or internet) until it was time to sign on the dotted line. Then it is too late to decline as you need to cancel before 48 hours. Why the big secret? Don't appreciate the deceptive practices so we won't be going back. Please just include it in the price quote on the room which was a good deal either way. Very disappointed in Fat burger too. Confusing to order and scrawny-no produce- and not up to par with other Fat Burgers!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family