“Needs some "refit", but nice.”

Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed October 3, 2006

My husband and I were driving to Las Vegas for a couple of days following our son's wedding in Sedona. we had been on the go doing and running for me, the better part of the last 48 hours so prior to this I booked a room here for the first night, knowing it was more out of the way, and a little cheaper too. we arrive about 8 pm...had to stand in line a few minutes...but the clerk behind the counter was very nice and said a "mountain side room" would be quieter for us if we needed peace and quiet to sleep.
we did just that.
Now about the room..I had read some reviews on here really slamming this facility. Our room was large...very clean, enough towels and so on..there really nothing to complain about. this is an older building and needs some attention, yes, but for $39 we paid for the night...I sure cannot complain. they did have one elevator out, but that did not seem to matter any...we got where we needed to go. We got up the next morning had a HOT shower and went down to the Cafe. the food was good, came to the table hot, plenty of butter, jelly and so on...coffee was good. again..nothing to complain about.
My hubby and I live in the desert Southwest so we are in Vegas often...we've stayed everywhere from the "Stardust", "Circus, Circus", The "Trop", "Mirage", "Luxor"....to name but a few, and although this is not a big name place...and not even in Las Vegas...for a quiet night and nice people, you can't beat it.
I hope those that slammed this property, don't wreck it for others that want to try it. we saw nothing wrong here.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank Vegas_Dolly

Reviewed May 4, 2006

We needed a cheaper room in june to stay on sat and sunday before checking in to the orleans. This was 59 a night. The room was old but big and clean, the casino was fun, and the 24 hour restaurant had good food. We did not eat the buffet but it looked ok to me not dried out or old like other posts have said. Iam a non smoker and had no issues as all the casinos in vegas are smokey. The pool was clean too and the staff was nice. I put my belongings in a safety deposit box at the front desk and had no problems with the maids.

• Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank polkadad
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 3, 2006

I stayed there for a week, and believe me if it were my choice I would have left. Upon walking into this hotel the smell is just horrid! It's as if they never clean. The smell of stale smoke and bo was just lingering. Oh and don't bother ever trying to call the front desk for anything cause they never answer. You have to walk down to the desk to get any kind of service. The resturant was terrible. Never enough servers and the food was just gross! Oh and did I mention that one of the maids stole my souviners from the Hard Rock. Then when I reported them missing they acted like I was lying!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! I had a necklace and key chain stolen that were still in the bag on the bed. I was told that their maids were 'honest'. What a joke! I found out the next day that a friend of mine rooming upstairs from me had his thyroid medication stolen out of his room.

I wouldn't reccommend this hotel to my worst enemy!!!

Worst hotel ever!

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 13, 2005

While coming from Needles, we wanted to stay somewhere closer to the Las Vegas airport than one of the huge casinos, and for a better price. The Railroad Pass charged $39 and we feel that we received good value for the money. The location is good, the rooms, while average, are large and the A/C is not noisy. I had pancakes in the snack bar (The Caboose I think) and they were hot and fresh and arrived very quickly. I was very pleased. My wife had fun with the slots. We had a good night's sleep and a relaxed arrival at the airport.

• Stayed: April 2005
10  Thank WorldWideTraveler
Reviewed April 12, 2004

We stopped at this hotel & casino during a cross-country drive ...
enroute from Texas to Vancouver ... and this oasis was a truly eye-opening experience. Yes, the rooms are tired ... no, distressed.
And yes, the carpets are worn ... no dirty. But the staff are so friendly and so helpful that you forget about the smoke drenched environment. This nothing that the staff won't do!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 13, 2003

Its been a fun and ritualistic event to take friends to this buffet just to look at it. In april 2003 I took my folks to see the worst buffet known to mankind. They thought I was exaggerating. I wasn't. It was 1:40 in the afternoon and we walked up and asked if we could view the buffet first. We were told "sure" and that the breakfast buffet was still available!!! Oh my God! My folks couldn't believe it. The food was all dried up and caked to the pans. The colors of some kind of food was blue and yellow just like in the movie vegas vacation. We left in a hurry. Cant wait to go back with new friends who doubt me. Its fun to see the shock.

18  Thank jbradleyco
Shelton WA
Reviewed May 28, 2003

I booked a non-smoking room online, after waiting on hold for 5 minutes I figured it would be quicker that way.Upon arrival, the first thing I tried to do was close the drapes in the room since floodlights from the casino roof were shining directly in the room. They were broken and impossible to close.Called down for a different room. Only thing available was a smoking room. Since we specifically required a non-smoking room (health reasons), that wouldn't work. By the way - there was an ashtray and matches in the bathroom of our "non-smoking" room!So we left - headed into Vegas for the night. I was told at the time of returning the room key that my credit card would not be charged. IT WAS! And what a hassle to get the charge removed!This is a DIVE and is run by ripoffs! DON'T STAY HERE.

23  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Las Vegas/Henderson
Comfort Inn & Suites Henderson
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 8 in Boulder City

Been to Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!