“NASTY”

Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Arizona City, Arizona
“NASTY”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I spent the night here 3/16/14 in room 321, got in late and was really tired and seriously considered checking out and sleeping in my car. A/C didn't work, Ceiling vent was clogged with dust/etc with streamers! kleenex box had 4 tissues left, bathroom shower was a joke. had to park on other side of bldg.
complained @ desk and sent in room survey to management(no response)
hard bed, however sheets "seemed clean" didn't see any bed bugs!

Ate the meatloaf dinner recommended by the waitress in the "Ironrail Cafe" and that was a BIG mistake I have never tasted Alpo however this stuff is what I would imagine it tastes like, texture was identical. The water was warm, but wet. Lots of security in casino, pit bosses don't move much, major truck stop, however I think they probably sleep in their trucks. I would not stay or eat there again for free.

Room Tip: You have been warned!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Jim041

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
North Carolina
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We booked this hotel based on price as we were visiting family in Henderson, not gambling and blowing money. Maid missed even coming into our room one day. Parking close to entrance not easy unless you're very lucky. First night a woman was screaming next door emphasizing thin walls. To get to restaurants you must go through slot machine area that reeks of smoke. I almost passed out trying to hold my breath until I got to the nonsmoking restaurant area because I am allergic. On the plus side, we did have uninterrupted quiet sleep after first night. Went to dollar store and purchased a pillow because theirs were large, clean and hard as concrete. The breakfast special in the restaurant was very good and the wait staff pleasant and attentive - probably the highest caliber thing of the whole visit. Did not try buffet.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank NorthCarolinaViolet
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Only place around who has a buffet in the S. Henderson area. The food is decent but dont expect a lot. A good value. Their prime rib is great. service is a little slow The only issue I have is on their website. They do not give the times that the restaurants are open and close and also do not list what they are serving on any given night at the buffet, they make you call them which is not convenient.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Hoss45
Modesto, CA
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I enjoy a buffet. Yes, they take willpower not to overeat, but when traveling it is difficult to get enough cooked vegetables and a buffet will often provide them. Not this one! It had chicken about six different ways and a few other meat choices. There were only mixed vegetables and a small salad bar. We did not find the food tasty.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Cathey E
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This hotel is not a bad option if you are landing in Las Vegas late at night and moving on the next day to Phoenix and don't want to spend a lot of money. It's about $45, there is no silly resort fee and the rooms are spacious. Yes, it is a bit rundown but it will do the job for the night. It's located right off the highway. I found the room pretty quiet but we then I was not overlooking the parking lot. Not sure how the noise level would be with a room near the lot what with all the tractor-trailers parked there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MP4411
Carson City, Nevada
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Although I have passed this location on many occasions, this was my first opportunity to stop. I was very pleasantly surprised at the overall quality and atmosphere of this property. The check-in was effortless, the personnel I dealt with were very friendly, the room was clean and included everything that I would want - including FOX News on the TV. The price is right and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank J R W
North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I am a Vegas local who makes the trek clear across the Vegas Valley now and again to visit Railroad Pass Hotel and Casino at the pass that leads to Boulder City and the dam...I like to call it "Magic Mountain", but I guess I am a tad weird...We play a bit now and again and usually score enough comp points to get free grub (well we really earned it) at the casino restaurants...The Steakhouse at the Pass is their fine dining...Usually not crowded, we settle back and enjoy some good wine, an appetizer, our entrée and a yummy desert...Angie is our regular server and she is really tops for giving us superior service time and again...We always have way too much food and take a large amount home for more meals...I have had a bad steak a few times but last visit the Filet was excellent...My lady enjoyed her Surf and Turf combo...Huge baked potatoes and a large wet and dry blue cheese salad fill me up...If we were laying out cash it would be an expensive evening...As it is we just put up a 20% plus tip...The coffee shop here is super hit and miss and the buffet is really on the low brow side...But you will find some tasty tidbits now and again as you travel down the serving line...The best bet at Railroad Pass? It is the Steakhouse at the Pass...Yea, don't PASS up a good meal here...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Artie B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Fiesta Henderson Casino Hotel
#5 of 8 in Boulder City
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Las Vegas/Henderson
Best Western Plus Henderson Hotel
Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa

Been to Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!