“Best Gaming Value, Friendly Staff, and Clean Hotel”

Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Brownsville, Texas
“Best Gaming Value, Friendly Staff, and Clean Hotel”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed one night here during the 4th of July Holiday period(2013). I have always wanted to visit this place because it is the longest running casino in Nevada with a rich history. The room was only $42 which is an extreme bargain during a holiday weekend. The hotel staff were fast and friendly. Check in took roughly two minutes. The room was basic but very clean. Immediately following check in, I hit the casino floor. I made a quick trip to the players club and signed up. A very nice gentleman with a long grey beard assisted me. He told me the history of the property and comped me a free future night's stay for joining the Player's Junction club which is free to join. This is the best sign up deal that I have seen in any casino. My favorite game is craps, so I immediately approached the craps table. To my surprise, the pass line minimum was only $1! Most casinos offer craps minimums between $5 and $25. I ended up playing for about 6 hours. The Craps Dealers were extremely friendly and entertaining. I had a blast. While I was playing craps, the pit boss issued me a $20 comp coupon for the hotel restaurant(Iron Rail Café). I used the comp the next morning at the café and the food was excellent(Omelette and Pancakes). The Railroad Pass is about a 20 minute drive from Las Vegas, but it is well worth it. The gaming value is phenomenal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Tobin L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I paid 42 plus tax( trucker's discount. At first glance, room looks fine and clean. But when I pay attention to details is a different story. The bathroom is roomy, no bathtub. There is one cup coffee maker, hair dryer, iron (no ironing board), alarm clock, old RCA tv. I guess I either had noisy neighbors or the wall insulation is too thin. There was a hint of a smell that can not pin point.

On the possitive side. I paid a half decent price. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Bayunco
Fresno, CA
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Contrary to another review, there is a whole floor of nonsmoking rooms. The rooms are clean. The casino is historic. It is the longest running casino in Nevada. There is a 35-mile bike trail right behind the casino that is off-limits to cars. Bring your bicycle. The casino is very friendly to cyclists and we appreciate it!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mikethern
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This MGM Chain Hotel Is Near The Las Vegas Strip, Lake Mead,And Hoover Dam but Far Enough Relax. It Has 3 Restaurants, Free Wi-Fi, No Resort Fee's, Pet Friendly, Large Parking Lot For Trucks, Rv's, And Your Boat[Lake Mead Is Close By]. They Have Regular Rooms[Very Nice]-Mini Suites, and Luxory Suites.The Zip Line Is Close By. We Travel A Lot And The Staff Is A A+- This Historical Hotel Is The Best Affordable We Could Find In Las MGM Bought It, They Brought There Wonderful Management Team And Did Remodeling.

Room Tip: Were Else Can You Get A Hotel Room For $45 + With All There Amenites?
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BANYANGUY1
RailroadPass, Director of Marketing at Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. It is nice to know that we have achieved our goals of providing clean, affordable rooms and friendly service to our guests. I will make sure to share this with our staff.

Keith McDonald
Director of Marketing
Minnesota
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I booked this on priceline and asked for smokefree room. When checking in (late at night after a long day of traveling) I confirmed that it was a smoke free room. She smugly looked at me and said they are ALL smoking rooms, your room should not smell but if it does, call and we will send someone up to spray something. "REALLY?" Needless to say I did not get much rest as I could not sleep it reaked so much and was wondering if I was getting bed bugs. The hair dryer did not work and when I checked out with a different gal I told her "I am not sure if you area already aware, but the hair dryer does not work!" She also smugly looked at me and said "she would make a note of it!" DO NOT STAY HERE, until you hear under new management and torn down and rebuilt because that is the ONLY thing that will save this dumpster.

Room Tip: Take the extra efferent and drive another 1/2 hour, better choices.
2 Thank Journeyone1
RailroadPass, Director of Marketing at Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your unpleasant stay. We strive to make sure that our hotel rooms are clean and that everything works correctly. Although we are an older propery, there is no excuse to have received the service and responses you claim to have received. We would appreciate a phone call during which we can get more details so we can correct problems and get it right next time. Please call us at (800) 654-0877 and ask for me, Keith McDonald, or John Gronowski, our hotel manager.
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is as "old Vegas" as it gets. Small pool, Simple rooms, low limit games, local band at the casino bar. Very simple place with a surprisingly good resturant/coffee shop. A bit of a truckers haven with a huge parking lot. The "Pass" as it is called, is on the very edge of Boulder City, NV, the home of Hoover Dam. It is the oldest continuously operated casino in Nevada.

Stayed there in a mini-suite that was very clean and comfortable, had a small fridge and enough room without being oversized.

2 Thank kmtravel06
Reno, NV
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Friendly, helpful staff, nice large rooms, very good price
The main area leading to the restaurant could use a good
shampooing and some Febreze, but we weren't there for
long and had a good night's sleep, a good dinner and
breakfast - both reasonably priced, and are now ready
to go to our next destination. I always welcome free
wi-fi and free parking. There are no bellboys, but there
are the rolling clothes/luggage racks and we used one
which made it quite do-able.

Room Tip: There is no room service. Get a room on level 4 as the first two levels are for smokers. We figu...
1 Thank Nevadatraveler1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Fiesta Henderson Casino Hotel
Quality Inn
#6 of 8 in Boulder City
Best Western Plus Henderson Hotel
Best Western Plus St. Rose Pkwy/Las Vegas South Hotel

Been to Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!