“Prime rib”

Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed December 4, 2011

They have a specially priced prime rib dinner that is large and delicious, but the buffet tends to be dried out.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Benjamin B
There are newer reviews for Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino

Reviewed December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving has come and gone again..as did I. Had a great Turkey Day at my sisters house...and had the usual Great Accommodations at "The Pass". As always...the staff were friendly and ever-ready to make my stay a pleasant one. The restaurant was great and the food fantastic...as always. This time ..one thing was different...the casino machines were nice to me! I brought my brother with me this year...and he really enjoyed himself as well.

Room Tip: rooms on the north side are quieter than on the highway side.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Tim L
Reviewed October 8, 2011

First off, I want to say that is your traveling with your family and looking to spend more then 1 night this is not the place for you. But last Friday my wife and myself checked out of the Monte Carlo and went to McCarren to fly back to NJ. Our plane had issues and Continental said we can book another flight Saturday. Looking around for a cheap room it was hard to find. The Gold Coast (a 3 star) wanted 159.00 for the night. We checked in the railroad pass ($39.00). Old place but clean. Staff very friendly and polite. 3rd floor non smoking . We ate in the cafe and had to wait 10 mins for a table. We didn't expect much but a lady sitting next to us recommended the Grilled chicken sandwich with cheese. Well, let me tell you all. "IT WAS THE BEST" grilled chicken sandwich I have ever eaten! Second to none! The roll was homemade and toasted with a little butter. Cheap table games and cheap booze. Had a piano player who had talent. $1 drafts and $1 crap tables and $3 black Jack. We had alot of fun there. Next time we go to vegas, I will drive there just for that chicken sandwich!

Room Tip: 3rd floor, clean, non-smoking floor
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank John B
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We stopped here on Hoover Dam Tour, delux tour with lunch at Railroad Pass. Old, dark, dirty, ruin down and smoke filled . Not a destination.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank tripjunkie57
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I read all the reviews...Now it's my turn! Yes the "Pass" is NOT NEW. The carpets are worn both in the casino and in the rooms. But... how many places can you go (my sister lives in Boulder City) where the Registration Clerk (Opal) gives you hug because she is glad to see you...and the Gen. Manager (Curt) comes over to shake your hand and welcome you back? These folks might work in one of the oldest places in southern Nevada...but they know how to roll out the red carpet. I quit eating buffets when I was an OTR trucker but the fare in the Caboose was excellent. It's my home away from home... and all you dissatisfied people can just go elsewhere. Sign me up for frequent stayer benefits, I like the staff!

Room Tip: mountainside rooms only...unless you like bright lights all night.
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Tim L
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We didn't have reservations anywhere in Las Vegas area as we arrived a day earlier than expected. Fortunately we found a vacancy at Railroad Pass as there was a convention in town and everywhere was booked. We didn't know anything about this place but it turned out to be an exceptionally good experience.

First, they offer a discount for CDL drivers....$10.00 off the room rate. We paid $49.99 for a regular room. It was very spacious, nicely appointed, coffeemaker and the regular amentities you get at other hotels. Then, for breakfast in the morning, we again got a discount for the CDL and free coffee. The service in the restaurant was great, friendly and fun. Food was very good and a nice menu. Not too pricey.

This is a gem for anyone, family, etc. but mostly for truck drivers...What a great marketing idea. Plenty of parking for the big rigs and many rvs as well. We'd stay there again and drive into Vegas for our fun.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This place is good for truckers, that sleep in their trucks, and come in smelly, and for drinks, and cheap food! Not good for families!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LindaH20
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Fiesta Henderson Casino Hotel
Skyline Hotel and Casino
Skyline Hotel and Casino
#20 of 26 in Henderson
Comfort Inn & Suites Henderson

Been to Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!