“Enjoyable and delicious”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Enjoyable and delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stopped here based on the reviews and it was close to the hotel. (and my husband wanted a burger). His awesome burger w/cheese and crunchy fries were very good. The burger was hot and juicy, the bun soft and the fries crunchy on the outside, tender on the in. I had the patty melt and is was the best I've had in ages. It was a 2 burger affair with cheese in the middle. The bread was nicely browned and crunchy, but not so much that it cut you mouth to eat it. The sweet potato tots were yummy too. All in all the food was great! Now about the service. It was about 8:30pm, the place only had one other table, yet we had to wait to be seated and the chef brought out menus. So yes, the service was lacking. The other drawback was the smoke. While there is no smoking in the restaurant, it still wafted over from the bar and when the a/c fan started you could really smell it.

• Visited May 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Repeatable and relaxed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Food was really good and well seasoned. If you go for the standard, casual American menu, this is the place to go. Drinks were fine although a small selection of gins! If for no other reason go for the puffy sweet potatoes! Turkey sandwich with real turkey, not the lunch meat stuff, chicken with beef based gravy a hit. Good service. Wide selection! Great find!

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Return Visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Last Friday night we decided to eat out at Henry's again. We were seated promptly and ordered drinks. There were 3 of us.

Took a bit for the 2 beers and glass of wine to come out. One comment on the beer menu. Drafts are pretty cheap here, but they consider Samuel Adams. Blue Moon etc. to be imports, therefore they cost more. Maybe they were looking for the word premium instead of import.

When we went to Henry's I really wanted a burger. When looking at the menu it states they will only cook the burger well done. Well that is too much for me, so I had to pick something else. So I decided on the Prime Rib sandwich when asked how I wanted it cook, I said rare and was told it could only be medium or well. So quickly I ordered the clams and fries. The clams tasted off, kind of dirty and were overcooked. I gave up, just ate my fries and drank my glass of wine.

My husband and my son ordered burgers and though overcooked they were okay.

The service was good, but not sure if we will be back for awhile. I'm not sure what happened to this place. We use to eat here often, but the last few times the food just isn't up to the standards they set at the beginning.

• Visited December 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Weekly stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2008

We have started a new weekly tradition and stopping in at Henry's for dinner on Thursday nights. They have a great Prime Rib special on Thursdays. A goodsize burger with fries for 5.99. The food is very good, and fair prices. The service has been really good. It is very casual. The bar mixes a fine drink.

2 Thank NVMartha

Been to Henry's American Grill? Share your experiences!