“VERY DISAPPOINTING!”

Black Mountain Grill
Ranked #84 of 700 Restaurants in Henderson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: With a lodge-like atmosphere & spacious restaurant, Black Mountain Grill offers a world class menu and exciting gaming action, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Happy Hour DAILY 2pm-7pm • 1/2 Price Late Night Menu SUN-THUR 11pm-6am. BOGO 50% TUESDAYS 3PM-9PM • WINE WEDNESDAYS 3PM-9PM • BOGO SATURDAYS 11AM-2PM. Home of the Denver Broncos. Wine & Canvas venue (Thursdays).
Reviewed December 14, 2012

For 4 years in a row I have called a month in advance from out of state to schedule a dinner at Black Mountain Grill on their balcony on a Wednesday night for 10-12 of us who are attending an annual convention in Las Vegas. However this year (and it's the last year we will do so) it was not only very disappointing but very bad. They have a limited menu which I print out and give to our folks to read on the airplane so that they can make their choices in advance. The first announcement our waiter made on Wednesday night was the following: "We had a special on Tuesday and ran out of Rib-Eye steaks so they will be unavailable". As I said: very disappointing and hard to understand. So filet's and other steaks were ordered and those that had them all told me that their meat was coming virtually tasteless as well as being cold. One of our delegates raises Black Angus cattle and he only took two or three bites and pushed away his plate. I can personally report that the patty of butter on the top of mine never even melted! AND then came the coup-de-gras. The dessert menu has only five or six items on it and at least three call for ice cream and one of them is the Ice Cream Sundae that we all ordered last year and which had made our Celebration dinner special. Imagine how we felt when the waiter announced: "And my freezer broke early this morning and melted all of the ice cream so we don't have any available"! I would hope that my prior write-up in 2011 for this restaurant could be deleted from its reviews and this one placed instead. As I said: "Very Disappointing"

Reviewed November 23, 2012

The title says it all. This place has very decent food, good drinks and nice ambiance. The door may be locked after hours, ring the bell and they'll let you in.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was our second visit for dinner at this pseudo lodge. The restaurant was only half full on Saturday evening at around 7:30PM. Neither of us was overly hungry so we bypassed the salad and appetizer section of the menu and only ordered entrees. My wife chose halibut stuffed with crab, rock shrimp and brie accompanied by a mushroom risotto and julienne vegetables. The halibut steak was moist and delicious. I ordered the evening’s special, check out the website for the week’s nightly specials, beer braised short ribs in a veal stock with sweet potato mash and Asian slaw. Another winner though the mashed looked and tasted more like regular potato.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My Fiancee and I made another visit on Saturday 10/20/2012 for the 2 for 1 Lunch Special (11 am -1 pm Limited Time Only).

(Note: 2 for 1 does not include Breakfast items or Appetizer items. Everything else is 2 for 1, including the Lobster).

Location: 11021 South Eastern Avenue (at Sunridge Heights Pkwy); Henderson, NV 89052
(Hidden behind Wendy's on Sunridge Heights Parkway)
Phone: (702) 990-0990

I had the Steak and Eggs Breakfast - $14 (Great Steak)
My Fiancee had the Steak Salad - $14 (Highly Recommended)

Both were good choices this time around.

The only disappointment I had with my breakfast was the Breakfast potatoes they serve. They were deep fried and they mixed in some Red Onion. I was told when I ordered that the potatoes were sauteed with green peppers and onions. No green peppers were found and I didn't expect them to be deep fried cubes.

I asked if I could get the potatoes done on the grill and was told I could request it next time.
The potatoes they use are pre-seasoned. They will cut up a potato for me when I ask for them next time.

On our prior visit (2 weeks ago) we ordered the 1/2 pound Hamburgers. They are Very Good and Highly Recommended by both of us.
We also ordered a bowl of the French Onion Soup (Highly Recommended)

Note to Owners: Buy some Yellow Onions and hold back on the Red Onions when cooking. Red Onions are for Salads! Grilled Onions are made with Yellow Onions, not red onions.

Rates a Return!

2  Thank Engineer_Lou
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife bought a $50 for $25 Groupon for Black Mountain Grill, so we decided to go there for our anniversary (October 2012). We had reservations for 7pm but arrived around 6:30pm to have a drink or two. The hostess was very nice and offered us a table right then but we went over to the lounge area instead and had some drinks while we waited for a booth.

The lounge area was nice, with a few tall tables and couches placed around a TV. The decor is rustic, with stuffed heads on the wall and the feel of of a log cabin. I didn't go to the bar but my wife did to order drinks and she said the bartender was also very nice.

We were seated around 7pm and the dining area seemed a little small to me. I noticed a staircase/loft nearby but I didn't go check it out, so maybe there's more seating there or perhaps an area for private parties. Also, the decor in the dining area was a little cheesy compared to the lounge area - it almost reminded me of a Denny's.

Having looked at the menu online beforehand, I already knew what I wanted to order. They list their specials for the week on their website and the special that night was a bacon-wrapped filet with au-gratin potatoes and french green beans. The waiter said they only had one "special" left and I told him that's what I wanted. He did say that if we both wanted the special, they could make another bacon-wrapped filet but it wouldn't come with the au-gratin potatoes. Fortunately, my wife ordered the halibut so no issue there.

I read some of the reviews about the food being not so good, but both my wife and I thought our food was delicious! My filet was cooked to a perfect medium, and the potatoes and green beans were fabulous. I tried a bite of my wife's halibut and it was very good as well. I also read about some people getting poor service but fortunately we did not experience that either, as our waiter/bus boy were very attentive.

I felt the price was reasonable (the special was $29 and my wife's dinner was $25), maybe a little on the high side for what it is but since the food was great, I didn't mind. Overall, my wife and I both had a very nice experience and plan on going back again.

1  Thank mswguitar

Been to Black Mountain Grill? Share your experiences!