“An Enjoyable Restaurant”

Osaka Japanese Bistro
Ranked #108 of 702 Restaurants in Henderson
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Osaka Japanese Bistro was the first Japanese restaurant in Las Vegas, and is a legendary favorite among locals and visitors. Two locations, the original on West Sahara and now Henderson also.Both feature Sushi Bar, Teppanyaki Grill and Tatami Rooms.
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The food is very good, the presentation attractive, and the staff attentive. A typical Japanese restaurant and Teppan room, but that's a good thing.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We came for a birthday celebration and absolutely loved the food! We got the combination dinners. The staff and other patrons were very friendly. Price is especially reasonable if you split a meal and you still get quite a lot of food. Very nice people serving and playing piano in the bar area. Fun place.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My boss and a couple of colleagues came to town from Vancouver BC and wanted to have sushi.
I live in Henderson and remembered seeing the restaurant not too far from my house.
We showed up without a reservation and wanted to sit at the Sushi bar and were immediately seated there. The chef was very helpful and courteous and his recommendations were right on.
The food was exceptional and the service impeccable……FIVE STARS!
Great food- Great service-Great price….I will be back. Thank you.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I LOVED this place! The wait staff was nice and very helpful for me and my parents. I got a non-sushi plate, and it was wonderful and filling! I forget what it was called though sadly. My parents ordered sushi and soup and ate every bit of it! The greatest thing, is we could still move after being so full! It was so great and yummy and I would recommend this place to anyone! Even the ones who don't like sushi like me!

1  Thank Bekah B
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This Osaka Japanese Bistro in Henderson was listed as the #1 Readers' Pick for Japanese food in the annual Review-Journal Readers Poll. Deservedly so. We went for an early dinner, which turned out to be still on the lunch menu. The prices were so reasonable for what we got.

We ordered the Tuna Poke Salad ($7) which had fresh tuna pieces, Ocean Salad, slivers of (I think) daikon. It had a kick to it ... spiced with chili pepper something or a kimchee something.

The sushi list was extensive. I hate all these fancy sushi names so to cut to the chase, I asked if there was anything with natto in it. Yes, there was a natto maki for $5.95. Cute little cuts of sushi rolls ... about six, I think. I forgot to count cause I ate it so fast. I did a happy dance while I was sitting ... it soothed my natto craving.

My companion ordered the Tempura Combo, choosing grilled salmon for his protein. I ordered the Bento Box A (even had tempura) with the grilled salmon for my protein. There was a big protein selection but we were trying to be good. Oh boy, the salmon was so ono (tasty) as well as everything else on our plates. Each meal choice had plenty to eat and we were full. Get this ... each meal was only $10.

To top it off, we ordered hot green tea. Forget dipping a tea bag. This tea was the real thing. It was hot, cloudy and delicious. It hit the spot in ending this wonderful meal.

Everything was fresh. The atmosphere was intimate and lovely. We saw there was tatami rooms too. We learned there is real jazz music on Thursday and Friday nights. My companion wants to go one of those nights. Jazz music-Japanese restaurant? Hmm. Gotta try it though; I might love that too.