“Set the bar high for the rest of our vacation”

Best Western Plus Henderson Hotel
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were very happy with this Best Western and if we are every in the area again, would stay here! We asked for a cot in our double room upon arrival, but for some reason was not able to get a cot into our reserved room so bumped us into a King Suite. LOVED this room and with a cot in the living room with the fold out couch, was able to accommodate our two teenage son. The breakfast in the morning (INCLUDED in the room rate) was wonderful. There were hash browns, sausages, omelets, waffles, muffins, toast, assorted cereals, coffee, juices, hot cocoa, tea, bananas, other fruit, yogurt, and more! Very happy here. Wish that we could have taken our hotel room with us on the rest of our trip!

Room Tip: I always pick a upper floor if possible.
1  Thank Frugalfreda
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Henderson Hotel

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We arrived late to this hotel with an infant in tow. Nothing too fancy to it, but considering it's location, it was quiet, friendly, helpful and respectful staff, GREAT breakfast and all the amenities needed and we'd never paid such a low rate for a hotel (was originally a concern for us but no regrets!). We had driven 9 hours when we arrived and were exhausted. I am somewhat easy to please but considering it was booked site unseen and we had an infant in Las Vegas area, I felt safe, well accommodated and everything went off like a hitch. I would stay there again if I needed to stay in Vegas area. We were also visiting Hoover Dam so we were looking for a place out of the busy city and easily accessible. There are several places that will deliver late night foods and restaurants nearby. Sorry no photos inside because we were too busy chasing our baby around.

Room Tip: My in-laws original room smelled like smoke but they were switched immediately without question.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EmilyJayneHall
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Checked in really late 1 night. The 2 people at the desk were grumpy. After that encounter, the rest of the stay was nice. 2 Queen room was tight with a family of 4 and lots of luggage. Room was clean. Pool was really small but refreshing in the 110 degree heat. Breakfast was nice. Sausages, eggs, biscuits, yogurt, waffles, and the other usual things. We made a sausage and egg biscuit. We stayed in Henderson when visiting Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, and Red Rock Canyon. We have kids and are not gamblers, so staying in Henderson was a better choice and value for us. There are more family friendly restaurants in the Henderson area. Refrigerator and microwave in room were nice.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We found a live cockroach in our room on the third floor of this hotel as we were going to bed and then, as we went down to reception to report this, found another in the hallway outside our room. The front desk did offer us another room but could not guarantee that it was free of cockroaches so as we were tired, we did not move. They sent the maintenance man to check if there were any more cockroaches in our room. He seemed quite an expert in knowing where to look for them but did not flush any more out that night. However, the next morning, we discovered another live cockroach so the problem had not gone away.

The front desk seemed to accept the problem without finding it to be an issue and promised that the manager would email as soon as he returned after the weekend. I have tried to get a response from him for the last two weeks, both by emailing the hotel to remind them that I wanted a response and via Best Western, but to no avail. He seems to respond to compliments but not criticism hence I am putting down what we found so that others can make a decision as to whether to stay in this hotel or not. We stayed in other hotels in Henderson and Las Vegas during our trip and they did not have a problem with cockroaches so it was only this hotel which seems to accept these dirty creatures living in their bedrooms.

The area around the hotel seemed fairly run down as well. There was a ready mix concrete works next door and a liquor store one block away with some seedy characters hanging around outside that we saw as we walked down to the Skyline Casino for a meal as recommended the front desk clerk. This was also so-so and we would not go to it again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel if you do not want any unwelcome visitors in your room.
2  Thank Mali_Dugi
WestwayMidwest, General Manager at Best Western Plus Henderson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Our hotel is contracted with one of the most predominant exterminators in Las Vegas. Due to these regular visits I assure you our hotel does not have an infestation issue. We have sent our exterminator out to re inspect the hotel to insure our standards are being met.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 702-564-9200.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Arrived about 5ish after a long day driving. When we arrived the two ladies on the reception were occupied between themselves. When they attended to me they could not find my booking. It turned out that it was in the fax machine(the computers where not working). I had booked online in the car on the way & unfortunately I booked for the 16 June instead of the 15 June. I apologised profusely for my error & asked if they had a room available anyway. I was informed that I would have to call head office to fix it. I was told the phone number just like that, not even written down for me. I requested most politely if I could borrow their phone I was looked at for a time until one of the ladies woke up & dialled for me & passed me the phone. I eventually got a room, but the whole experience was most uncomfortable, unfriendly & unwelcoming. I had also just decided to join the rewards system as I had already stayed 3 nights in other best westerns (we are driving from Seattle to LA in 5 weeks). Luckily the receptionist in the morning was friendly w a smile on her face.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. It has been difficult on our staff and guests to have our hotel management system down but there is no reason you should have been treated in a less than caring manner.

Sincerley,

Management

Reviewed June 14, 2013

What a great place to stay. We checked in staff was friendly, took a little longer than usual due to the server being down but it was worth the wait. Rooms were very clean and very spacious. I would recommend this Best Western to anyone. The continental breakfast was great! So many choices and very tasty. Well worth the price for the stay, only minutes from the Las Vegas strip.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We started our stay in Vegas at a timeshare near the strip.So-so. Extended our trip a few days to check out Hoover and the Grand Canyon. We should have skipped the timeshare and come here directly. Only about 11-12 miles from the strip, you can experience all the excitement, the shows, the crowds, and noise, and then come back to a quiet, relaxing refuge. Hoover dam is only about 20 minutes away, the Grand Canyon maybe a little more than 2 hours away. Beautiful rooms, very clean, excellent staff. Forgot to pack a corkscrew for the wine, walked into the lobby and before I could say a word the young lady at the desk was handing me one.Bell carts at the front door so you don't have to make several trips from the car to your room. The breakfast was in a dining room with plenty of food and choices. The bed?? One of the best hotel beds I have ever slept on. I love a firm mattress and I slept like log. Wish I could have brought it home with me. Skip the over priced, noisy, crowded hotels downtown and stay here, you'll be glad you did. I know where I will be staying anytime I'm in Vegas.