“Front desk staff - poor. Internet - Horrible. Pool - Out of order”

Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Provo, Utah
“Front desk staff - poor. Internet - Horrible. Pool - Out of order”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were not informed the pool was out of order for the weekend before we purchased our room. The front desk staff told us to walk to one of the neighboring hotel's pools if we wanted to swim. The internet was worse than dial-up (Google took 47 seconds to load). I thought maybe there was a glitch and tried five hours later and had the same problem. The second day the internet was slow, too. Again the front desk staff were flippant and ambivalent about our concerns and simply said they thought it might be my computer. We went to the Green Valley Ranch Resort and used their internet and Google loaded in three seconds. The room was in good condition and clean, but I'm with dbowman55 about the bed covers--they are lumpy and look very strange. I think they are supposed to dry cleaned, but the ownership decided to save money and wash them all conventionally.

Room Tip: Make sure you check every aspect of your stay at a Hilton Garden. We stayed in this hotel and also...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sunoversnow
nvensor, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Sunoversnow

I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered on your last stay. We have been working on our pool deck, spa and internet to make improvements for our guests. Our brand new pool deck is now completed. Our Hi Speed internet is now working extremely well to avoid any glitches or interruptions. We hope you will visit us again and give us another opportunity to impress you.

Nastassia Vensor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

It was such a relief to stay in this area in a hotel that was not a casino! This is a typical Hilton Garden Inn, offering semi-suite guest rooms. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The bed and bedding, and computer talbe and chair, were very comfortable. There was an easy chair, ottoman, and reading light. The room also had a MW, small (quiet) fridge, and a 4-cup coffee maker. There are many nearby dining choices; the on-site restaraunt was closed due to some crisis. Hilton hotels tend to offer pleasant, relaxed, comfortable stays, and this one is no exception.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
SallyFrom Tucson

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found our
guest room to your liking. It is also great to hear that you found our location and amenities to your satisfaction. It is through our guest’s feedback that we are able to improve and make changes to better serve our guest. Hope to see you return soon…safe travels.

PHX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

As we walked into the room you could see the 7 inch high lumps all over the bed even in the dark they stood out...I was shocked so I took a picture on my cell phone and went to the front desk with the picture and was told they were aware of the problem that all rooms were like that. They showed me two other rooms both with the same problem I kept my room since it was closer to the entry than the others. I was given 3 blankets to use in place of the comforter but all three were very worn and holly...That night I found the mattress to be in the same shape as the bedding. I was expecting a better than average hotel and found something that should have been priced at a fraction of what I paid.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dbowman55
Dbowman55

I would like to sincerely apologize for our guest room not being to your satisfaction. I have taken your review to our management team to make necessary changes. Our guest feedback is extremely important to us as it assists us in making changes to better serve our guest.

If there is anything else I can further assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me directly at #702-322-900. We truly value your continued brand loyalty, and we surely hope to see you again in the future.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here overnight for business. I'm a HHonors member so I like to rack up points whenever I can. I deliberately stayed here because I wanted someplace quiet, away from the noise of the strip. This property exceeded my expectations!

The lobby was clean and neat. The front desk staff acknowledged me as a HHonors member and kindly handed me a gift bag! The bag contained 2 bottles of water and a trail mix bar.

I had a room on the 3rd floor, on the side of the hotel. THIS ROOM WAS AWESOME! I got my usual King bed, etc. However, the area around me was TOTALLY QUIET. Can you believe that I actually SLEPT without TURNING? I woke up in the SAME POSITION I FELL ASLEEP IN!!! The bed was so comfortable, not to mention that they provided me with firm pillows instead of the standard ones! I slept so well and woke up refreshed! This was GRAVY!!

I ordered Room Service, Fish and Chips with a side salad. It arrived promptly and tasted great!

The fitness center is pretty nice. They have two Precor treadmills (more like for home use than would belong in a commercial facility.) I got a good run in and that made all the difference. They also have a Universal station as well as some nice dumbbell free weights.

Nearby, within walking distance, there is a shopping mall as well as a couple of restaurants. My colleague and I ate at the IHOP-very good. Also within walking distance is the Sunset Station Hotel and Casino. There are restaurants in there too.

Room Tip: Get a room on the highest floor and on the side of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
nvensor, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Tygar

Your comments about your stay made us smile. We are happy to hear that you had
an enjoyable stay and that our hotel and location were to your satisfaction. All of
us at The Hilton Garden Inn/Henderson are passionate about hospitality and we
hope to see you again in the near future.

Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I in town house hunting and stayed at this hotel not just once but twice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Even knew our name when we came the second time!!! We will be there in a couple of weeks and bringing out kids!!! Excellent hotel!!! Tim the manager and Phil the Chef are awesome!!!! The Chef filled in for the bartender and made me excellent drinks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
nvensor, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Kristin R.

Your comment about your stay made me smile. We know that it's the little things that make
your stay more comfortable. I will be sure to share your comment with Tim our Front Desk
Agent and Phil our Food & Beverage Director and let them know they contributed to your
enjoyment here at The Hilton Garden Inn/Henderson. We are very excited to see you return
with your family.....safe travels.

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I came in town to visit a friend, and happened across this lovely hotel when I needed a room! Not only were the rooms great, but I can't begin to say enough about the staff. Stephanie at the front desk was so helpful with all of my questions, and Chef Paul went above and beyond to accommodate my picky tastes - which says a lot! The shuttle to the strip made going out at night a breeze! This is a superb hotel, and I can't wait to come back and stay again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
nvensor, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
DL Fuller

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed
your stay and will let Stephanie and Phil know they contributed to your one of
a kind experience. We hope to see you return soon!

Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

A brief business meeting at the airport went far longer than anticipated and I was seeking a nice place to crash - away from the strip and decided on the HGI in Henderson since I already knew the HGI just off the strip. This hotel is spotless........great customer service, very well appointed and stunning attention to detail. And the interaction with every employee was pleasant and helpful when needed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kim

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay
and will let all of our team members know they helped you have a great stay. All of us
at the Hilton Garden Inn/Henderson are passionate about hospitality and we hope to
see you again soon.