“Nice place to stay in Henderson”

Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Edmond
“Nice place to stay in Henderson”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Location is south of the strip, but travel time to airport or other locations not bad. Clean, well taken care of.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your stay with us.

We look forward to hosting you again soon

Have a great day
Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The staff, here, seems quite attentive. That's a big plus. When I checked in and went to my room, as I turned on the lights, the overheads began to flicker. A short moment later one bulb exploded. I checked and determined that someone had bent the sockets. But my room was changed without hesitation; perhaps because it was still early in the day and the hotel wasn't very busy at that time. I also needed the time on the room clock adjusted. This also was corrected satisfactorily by one of the housekeeping staff. And I didn't really care for the modular bathroom. If you have bigger than baby hands, it's difficult to adjust the sink stopper. The hotel is a decent size but, if busy, close to the entry parking might be hard to come by. The front door closes at 11PM. You'll need your card after that time or you might wave to the desk clerk. My room had a fridge and microwave but I don't think they all do. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning sufficient. The hotel houses it's own restaurant and bar; There's a pool, exercise room, and business center (visitor brochures are in this room). Free lemonade and cookies are offered each afternoon in the lobby area. You can purchase snack items at the front desk. From the hotel you can walk to the Sunset Station Casino, just north. The Galleria Mall is just north of that. Needless to say, you'll find a wide variety of shops here. The hotel is also convenient to Boulder Highway and the 515 and 215. But it's about 7 miles west to the Strip. However, Green valley Ranch is a 10 minute easy drive. My caution is this - this is LV and if visitation has been busy, some of the rooms might be in disrepair. And unless the deficiencies were reported to the staff, you might wind up checking into a room having some limitations. Like my exploding bulbs.

Room Tip: If the $ upgrade is small, take the opportunity for the larger rooms.
Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Zoom_Gotti
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your stay with us, and for bringing to our attention the light socket issue. I hvae ask our maintenance department to make sure those are being checked during our scheduled prevenitive maintenance visits to out guest rooms.

Please come back and see us soon! We will have the cookies and lemonade waiting :)

Ogden, Utah
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We used Hilton Honors points to stay here overnight as we were passing through Nevada on our way to California. We didn't get into town until almost 1am and we wanted to make sure that they were aware we would still be checking in, albeit super late. They were super friendly and said it would not be a problem.

When we arrived it took less than 5 minutes to get checked in and we were all settled into our room within about 15 minutes. Nice room on the first floor, decent amount of space.

We left fairly early the next morning, didn't eat breakfast at the hotel so can't comment on that but the breakfast area looked pretty large. Days later my daughter told me she thought she left her necklace at the hotel. I called and the front desk staff was very helpful, said she would check the room right away and would call me back. She called me back about 15 minutes later and said she searched the entire room with the cleaning lady and unfortunately they didn't find it. Given that I don't know if my daughter lost the necklace there or somewhere after we left I wasn't upset, I was just appreciative that they actually took the time to look for it since at this point we were 400 miles away.

Would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time post your reveiw with us. I am sorry to hear about your daughters necklace and hope she has since found it.

I was happy to see that your check in process was very smooth for your late arrival.

Come back and see us soon, have a great day

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 10, 2012

clean, quiet, new with good pool and workout room. Great place for a business trip. Very hospitable staff. Free shuttle from airport is nice...just know that it only comes every even hour. So, it may be best to pay for a taxi.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jacqueshacq
mmoreno628, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your stay with us, glad to see you were able to enjoy our pool and fitness room.

I will be sure to share your nice comments regarding our staff.

Have a Great Day
Larbert, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I used this hotel on HiltonHonors points so there was no question about good value. The room had everything I needed including free wifi.

There is a nice pool at the hotel but the day I stayed there a few loud 'baseball parents' took over and made the place less welcoming - a real shame.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hopstepper
Thank you for taking the time to post your stay with. While I note that your happy with the majority of your stay, I'm sorry to hear you were not able to enjoy the pool with the crowd of guest out there.

We hope to see you back soon

Santa Clara, CA
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I stay at this nice hotel several times a year. Usually as I pass through the Las Vegas area on my way to the Grand Canyon or Zion. Lots of restaurants nearby.....plus a casino across the parking lot. Great job by the staff there!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
mmoreno628, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
KarlMarek,

Thank you for taking the time to post your stay with us, it is alwasy great to see when we have impressed our guest.

Come back and see us soon
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I do, very much, like the BBW "Rain Kissed Leaves" products and the Neutrogena soaps.

Other than that, it wasn't good. I was supposed to stay 1 night, was asked by company to hang on for another night. I checked out in between.

That ended up being a darn good thing.

Checked in Monday, checked out Tuesday. Had strange red spots in the morning. They haven't gotten better, went to Dr. for diagnosis. Bedbug bites. ewwwwwww!

The good news? My luggage cooked in the hot, desert sun all day. My deodorant and my lip balm melted. That's enough to kill them. I was supposed to fly home, but didn't. I checked back into a (thank heaven) different room.

So, hotel itself...I stayed a 2nd night in 315, unknowing that I was a potential bug mover, but they should be very dead.

Do not stay in a room facing Sunset Station...their lots and parking garage are very well lit, light seeps through the cracks of the blinds. You'll be up all night.

Do not stay on the 2nd floor. Person above you will be heard, clearly, through the ceiling. They'll clomp on your head though they won't mean to.

King rooms: 3 lamps, 1 Over head light. Enough light on the Sunset Station side, just open the curtains. King beds not all that comforatable. Shower pressure good, water hot. Room did not have a luggage stand (I hate that). Alarm clock good, hair dryer horrid.

2nd night: Asked for 3rd floor room. Queen rooms, have (yay!) luggage stands. Beds more comfortable than king beds. 315 does not have bedbugs. 2 lamps, 1 OH light.

Both rooms had coffee maker, small refrigerator. WIFI in both was deplorable. People camped next to the elevator to get good signal. The outlets were plentiful and easy to find. A plus there. I like the pillows. They had a good assortment, you'll find one you like. Television stations a good mix, reception was good, remotes both worked.

1 Elevator, not well placed. You'll trek your luggage a good distance.

Recommend room on 3rd floor overlooking the pool. Better "dark" for sleeping, no one clomping over head.

Breakfast...I left Tuesday before 6, continental was already out and was a reasonable selection. Wednesday, went down at 8:10. 0 clean tables, wait staff doing their knitting. Found 1/2 clean table, went for coffee...empty. OJ, empty. Dug up staff, made toast went back to table. Waited. Stood up, turned around and wait person called across the room "do you want us to cook something?" It killed me, but I did not say "NO, but a clean table would be nice..." Instead I called back, "looking for coffee, hoping for orange juice". Staff member said, "oh, we have coffee now." Dandy. I got coffee, ate at a half dirty table and left. Other people came down to worse...there were no more half clean tables, only dirty ones. Maybe they got OJ. No idea. The breakfast isn't free, by the way. They want 8.99 for a dirty table, find your own coffee and no OJ.

I called the hotel about the bugs in 210....radio silence. The poor guy at the desk was beside himself, left a message for the manager. Zilch.

Room Tip: 325 was fine. Don't stay in 210 unless you have too much blood and like small red spots.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
9 Thank Sonoran_Skies
mmoreno628, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Sonoran_Skies-
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I sincerely regret your stay didn’t live up to your expectations. We take your dissatisfaction very seriously and inspect all potential bed bug reports. We went through the proper protocol when bed bugs are suspected by shutting down the room and having it inspected by Eco Lab. There was no bed bug activity found in the room. I have emailed you a copy of the report

I regret the experience you had with breakfast and I can assure you that is not standard at our hotel. I have discussed this with our staff as it is our goal to ensure we live up to the high expectations of our guests.

I hope you choose to stay with us or another Hilton Garden Inn again. We are eager to wow you and show you our true HGI spirit. Thanks.