“great stay for a business trip”

Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed June 10, 2012

clean, quiet, new with good pool and workout room. Great place for a business trip. Very hospitable staff. Free shuttle from airport is nice...just know that it only comes every even hour. So, it may be best to pay for a taxi.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jacqueshacq
mmoreno628, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your stay with us, glad to see you were able to enjoy our pool and fitness room.

I will be sure to share your nice comments regarding our staff.

Have a Great Day

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I used this hotel on HiltonHonors points so there was no question about good value. The room had everything I needed including free wifi.

There is a nice pool at the hotel but the day I stayed there a few loud 'baseball parents' took over and made the place less welcoming - a real shame.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hopstepper

Thank you for taking the time to post your stay with. While I note that your happy with the majority of your stay, I'm sorry to hear you were not able to enjoy the pool with the crowd of guest out there.

We hope to see you back soon

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I stay at this nice hotel several times a year. Usually as I pass through the Las Vegas area on my way to the Grand Canyon or Zion. Lots of restaurants nearby.....plus a casino across the parking lot. Great job by the staff there!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
mmoreno628, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

KarlMarek,

Thank you for taking the time to post your stay with us, it is alwasy great to see when we have impressed our guest.

Come back and see us soon

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I do, very much, like the BBW "Rain Kissed Leaves" products and the Neutrogena soaps.

Other than that, it wasn't good. I was supposed to stay 1 night, was asked by company to hang on for another night. I checked out in between.

That ended up being a darn good thing.

Checked in Monday, checked out Tuesday. Had strange red spots in the morning. They haven't gotten better, went to Dr. for diagnosis. Bedbug bites. ewwwwwww!

The good news? My luggage cooked in the hot, desert sun all day. My deodorant and my lip balm melted. That's enough to kill them. I was supposed to fly home, but didn't. I checked back into a (thank heaven) different room.

So, hotel itself...I stayed a 2nd night in 315, unknowing that I was a potential bug mover, but they should be very dead.

Do not stay in a room facing Sunset Station...their lots and parking garage are very well lit, light seeps through the cracks of the blinds. You'll be up all night.

Do not stay on the 2nd floor. Person above you will be heard, clearly, through the ceiling. They'll clomp on your head though they won't mean to.

King rooms: 3 lamps, 1 Over head light. Enough light on the Sunset Station side, just open the curtains. King beds not all that comforatable. Shower pressure good, water hot. Room did not have a luggage stand (I hate that). Alarm clock good, hair dryer horrid.

2nd night: Asked for 3rd floor room. Queen rooms, have (yay!) luggage stands. Beds more comfortable than king beds. 315 does not have bedbugs. 2 lamps, 1 OH light.

Both rooms had coffee maker, small refrigerator. WIFI in both was deplorable. People camped next to the elevator to get good signal. The outlets were plentiful and easy to find. A plus there. I like the pillows. They had a good assortment, you'll find one you like. Television stations a good mix, reception was good, remotes both worked.

1 Elevator, not well placed. You'll trek your luggage a good distance.

Recommend room on 3rd floor overlooking the pool. Better "dark" for sleeping, no one clomping over head.

Breakfast...I left Tuesday before 6, continental was already out and was a reasonable selection. Wednesday, went down at 8:10. 0 clean tables, wait staff doing their knitting. Found 1/2 clean table, went for coffee...empty. OJ, empty. Dug up staff, made toast went back to table. Waited. Stood up, turned around and wait person called across the room "do you want us to cook something?" It killed me, but I did not say "NO, but a clean table would be nice..." Instead I called back, "looking for coffee, hoping for orange juice". Staff member said, "oh, we have coffee now." Dandy. I got coffee, ate at a half dirty table and left. Other people came down to worse...there were no more half clean tables, only dirty ones. Maybe they got OJ. No idea. The breakfast isn't free, by the way. They want 8.99 for a dirty table, find your own coffee and no OJ.

I called the hotel about the bugs in 210....radio silence. The poor guy at the desk was beside himself, left a message for the manager. Zilch.

Room Tip: 325 was fine. Don't stay in 210 unless you have too much blood and like small red spots.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
9  Thank Sonoran_Skies
mmoreno628, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Dear Sonoran_Skies-
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I sincerely regret your stay didn’t live up to your expectations. We take your dissatisfaction very seriously and inspect all potential bed bug reports. We went through the proper protocol when bed bugs are suspected by shutting down the room and having it inspected by Eco Lab. There was no bed bug activity found in the room. I have emailed you a copy of the report

I regret the experience you had with breakfast and I can assure you that is not standard at our hotel. I have discussed this with our staff as it is our goal to ensure we live up to the high expectations of our guests.

I hope you choose to stay with us or another Hilton Garden Inn again. We are eager to wow you and show you our true HGI spirit. Thanks.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We chose to stay at this hotel for the weekend prior to a conference stay on the Strip. This hotel was very nice for the money ( we pre-bought a non-refundable rate of $90/nt ). The room was comfortable as were the beds. This hotel is in Henderson which is perhaps 15-20 minutes from the Strip. In my opinion the location is perfect for the traveler who likes to get out and drive in the area as you can get to and from your car pretty quickly ( unlike the huge complexes on the strip ). You are very close to I-215 as well. There is no shortage of restaurants or shopping.

In general I would say this hotel is more geared towards business travelers but it will do fine for travelers. The free wireless worked fine. There is a pool area with a pool and a hottub.

Ah yes, the not-so-hot hottub... this is my one area of complaint.
The reason I didn't give this stay 5 stars was because of the attitude of the staff in regards to the non-working hottub. On Saturday I was told... 'oh, the maintenance guy took off today, I'll let the manager know'. Later on Saturday I was told, 'we're waiting for a part'. And I said, 'You mean to tell me that in a town whose major industry is hotels you can't get a part for a hottub on a weekend?'. All I got were blank stares at that point. I'm sure they could have if they were really motivated to give guests the best possible experience.

Other than that, it was a fine stay and I would return. The hotel staff were nice and pleasant.

Room Tip: You do NOT want a room on the first floor, west side. You will be staring at a large retaining wall...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank travel0723
mmoreno628, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your visit with us. I am sorry to see you were not able to use our hot tub and I have forwarded your comment to our Guest Service Manager reagrding the repsonse you received from the staff.

Please stop and say hello on your next visit.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

No question that staying away from the Strip is a more pleasant experience. When we got our first room, we noticed that the toilet seat was not clean. We called the front desk and were immediately given another room. We appreciate the prompt attention to our concerns. The beds were very comfortable; the water pressure in the shower was good. Parking was a bit tight when coming home late from the strip. Luckily, there were a few parking spaces in the back lot to park at. We didn't get a chance to try breakfast as we slept in; however, the lemonade in the lobby was cold and refreshing. We love the location of the hotel.. right near the Sunset Casino, not far from the Galleria mall. There are also quite a few shopping nearby (Nordstrom Rack, TJ Maxx) and restaurants near the hotel as well. We used the business center to make some printouts, which is complimentary and appreciated! All in all, we felt the hotel was quiet, which certainly could be an issue if you stayed at a hotel on the Strip. Couple of areas for improvements: we were a bit taken back on checkout day that check-out was at 11am. 11am for a hotel away from the Strip? I've stayed at many Hilton Garden Inn's (and I'm a Gold) and have not been at a hotel where check-out was at 11 versus 12. We know the hotels on the Strip have a checkout at 11am and most if not all do not extend checkouts without a fee. Luckily, our request for an extended check-out of 1 hour was granted to allow us to shower and pack. The pantry was a bit understocked and we would like to see it replenished, especially for a long weekend stay. All in all, we would come back to this Hilton in our next visit to Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side (away from casino) are quieter, especially on a Friday night where there mig...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
mmoreno628, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your stay with us. I was glad to see you were able to enjoy the fresh lemonade in the lobby and utilize our business center. Hopefully you can catch our breakfast on your next visit.

I have forwarded your comment to our housekeeping manager regarding your toilet.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Have a great day

Reviewed April 28, 2012

We are back again at a favorite hotel.
Katie and Sentry and all the staff are so pleasant and helpful. This location has everything nearby (except "the Strip")
and is a peaceful respite from the Casinos. We will return.

• Stayed: April 2012
mmoreno628, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your visit with and a Big THANK YOU for being a loyal guest to our hotel and for recognizing Katey and Sentry.

I will be sure to share your reveiw with them.

Have a Great Day