“Napoletana Pizza Certification”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dallas
“Napoletana Pizza Certification”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

When we are traveling we look for restaurants with this certification to be guaranteed great pizza. Love real Italian style pizza since we visited Italy. This place was even better than others we have tried because of the great kids meal, an almost full sized pizza with a drink and homemade great gelato for less than $7. Tried the tiramisu because of the other reviews, and it was great. We will be going back at least once before we head home.

Manchester UK
“Maybe the best pizza I have ever had”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Located in the quieter part of The District, across the main road from the main District area adjacent to the Green Valley Ranch Resort hotel, this is a hidden gem.

We visited on a Tuesday evening, around 7.30pm. It was around 1/2 to 3/4 full. Service was friendly and prompt but you have a little wait as your food is cooked - and the fantastic smells from the kitchen really gets your tastebuds going!

We shared a plate of mixed meats, olives, cheese and roasted aubergine, which came with a pizza style foccacia. This bread was so good we both agreed we could eat it as a meal in its own right, it had a salty, olive oil topping and the crisping from the pizza oven added something special. We also shared some mozzarella and tomatoes in olive oil to which we added some balsamic vinegar. You could really taste the freshness in the ingredients; simple food, prepared really well.

For our main course we shared two pizzas, a quatro formaggio and a Settebello. First the 4-cheese pizza; this was something special, the crushed tomatoes and the different cheeses really stood out to make this a great pizza. We were unable to eat all the pizzas and elected to take half of this one back to the hotel with us, where I had it for breakfast (just as good cold as it was the night before). The Settebello featured sausage, proscuttio and mushrooms. This was always going to be too good to make it to a take-home box!

The pizza bases are made on the premises and everything is made to a Neopolitan standard (the home of the pizza) and it shows. The best pizzas are those that feature a few, well chosen ingredients and this place uses fantastic, fresh ingredients that stand out. The base is thin with a nicely raised edge with just the right amount of charring from the oven. Oh, and they are huge. They say they are 12 inch, but I would say they were bigger.

We drank sparkling water and my partner had a glass of wine, as she wasn't doing the driving. We had no room whatsoever for a dessert, so just finished with a couple of Illy Italian style cappucinos.

We went in with no preconceived ideas and were very impressed.These were outstandingly good pizzas, the best I can remember in a long while. If you get the opportunity, drop in and give it a go.
We paid $69, which we thought was good value.

Las Vegas, Nevada
“So Good You Don't Want To Share”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Recommend dining in over take out.
The pizzas are FRESH and HOT out of the oven... the crust is perfect …. the flavors all meld together into a mouth-watering-can't-stop-eating experience.

Their salads are really good as well.... and big enough for 2 people to share.
I am partial to the arugula salad... fresh, crisp... light dressing. It's really the only time I like arugula is at Settebello. At home it just tastes like weeds... at Settebello's it tastes so good I usually eat the whole thing by myself because I don't like to share it.

Their pizzas... like I mentioned are so yummy you can eat the whole thing in 1 sitting…. And at the end of the meal you don’t feel bloated or greasy or icky like with normal pizza.

So... order your own... cuz you are more than likely NOT going to share it. Settebello’s pizzas are not your typical greasy, overly cheesy, thick crust affairs. These pizzas are light and gourmet. Their crust is super thin and the cheese is a complimentary topping... not smothered all over creating an impenetrable layer.

Location: In the Whole Foods shopping center across from The District.
It’s a small shop and it’s usually pretty crowded so go early or plan to wait a bit.
Note… there is a small bar and you can eat at the counter there so if that’s something you are willing to do you might find that as a viable option.

Oahu, Hawaii
“A great alternative to pizza Americana”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

If you come here expecting pizza with a crisp crust, sauce full of Italian spices and smothered with melted, shredded mozzarella; you will be truly disappointed. Conversely, if you come here with an open mind and ready to experience something new (or if you watched the Naples episode of Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations"), then you will love it.

This pizzeria follows the "Vera Pizza Napolitana" guidelines in preparing their pizza (visit their website for an explanation at setebello.net). This results in a pie that has a crisp outer crust, but a soggier middle due to the more viscous sauce and water released from the fresh mozzarella. Which is why the pie is not cut, and eaten with a knife and fork, like they do in Naples.

What we ate: Panzanella salad (light dressing, nice bite from arugula and red onion, and a cool finish with the cucumber), Margherita DOC (clean and simple flavors, tasty crust) and Settebello (tasty sausage and interesting addition of pine nuts) pizza, and Cannoli (crisp shell, authentic ricotta and candied fruit filling).

Service was good and decor was neat and not overdone (was there to eat, not judge interior design). Overall, great experience and now on my "must go to" list.

St. George, Utah
“Haven't had a pizza like this since I was in Italy!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Reminds me of the pizza that I ate in Italy. We shared 2 pizzas between the 3 of us, but I could easily eat one pizza on my own. The crust, the cheese, the flavors are all just fantastic. We also got an appetizer which was like a salad rolled in proscuitto. I can't remember what it was called, but it was delicious. I heard that they import all their ingredients from Italy. They have a nice selections of wines also. If there is too long of a wait for a table, just go sit at the bar.