“Just okay...”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Just okay...”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Recently, we returned to the Macaroni Grill in Henderson on Stephanie. We hadn't been there in quite a while. I am sorry that I couldn't rate this any higher and actually average was a little too high. But, it wasn't quite poor. There were 4 of us who went on a Wednesday night at 5:30pm. We had to wait a bit for someone to seat us, though the restaurant was not at all busy. Again, we had to wait a little longer than necessary for the waiter. Service was good, nothing special. He was attentive and brought me lemons for my water and extra bread. I ordered the make your pasta with the salad. The dressing was sweet and the salad was dripping in dressing. I will have to remember to ask if they have another dressing to choose from and to get it on the side. I got spaghetti with the garlic olive oil, artichoke, mushroom, roasted tomato and pancetta. I could see the pancetta, but it added no flavor to the dish. Actually had no flavor. There wasn't enough olive oil so the spaghetti was dry. It took a while to get our food, actually too long. My plate sat somewhere where the very top part got really dried out. My dish also had roasted garlic thrown on it and I had to pick that out. The meal just wasn't flavorful. I passed on dessert. The bread was great though!

• Visited November 2012

“More than once they've messed up food”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

OK, when you complain that the food isn't right, and they cook it again and it still tastes wrong, something is definitely wrong. The manager then comes out to tell me that they don't make chicken marsala the same way anymore. Why not? It used to be my favorite dish - but not anymore. so I've started eating other things, and sometimes it tastes ok, and other times its not. The worst part was I've used the take out, and gone inside to pick up my order. When you enter the take out though, you see the kitchen from the back side, and can see how dirty the floor is, how much mess there is on the counter, and all the ingredients are all over the place. Wow, if you have allergies, hope you don't eat here, cuz some of the different veges are in the other containers, and I know they have pine nuts in their stuff, so there's probably nuts in the wrong containers too. I've noticed they sometimes get a bad rating from the health dept, and won't go there til its been inspected again and cleared. Be sure to check for their rating when you go there to eat. If you go right after they've been checked out, that's probably the best time to go. Now, please note that I've never had a bad experience at the Sahara location. So this is why I continue to give this place a chance even after one bad experience. But I've now had about 4 or 5 bad times and haven't been back since Feb 2012. I complained on FB once last fall, and they ended up sending me free certificates to eat there again. Hmm, funny thing is, I used them and went back to eat, and that's the time they messed up my marsala. I've given up.

Visited February 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“its changed”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

we use to go to the macaroni grill quite a bit. we went recently to celebrate our 14 year wedding anniversary - service and food was under par from prior visits. Even some of our friends agreed that things have changed. not sure if its management or staff issues but we won't be going back for awhile till we hear they got their act together.

• Visited August 2012
az
“Not the best”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We were shopping at the Barnes and Noble across the parking lot and decided to stop in and eat at Macaroni Grill. It was not too busy as it was around 2 pm but we still stood at the hostess counter for 10 min. Finally a waitress came to our rescue and lead us to a table. The caesar salad with shrimp was just ok. Too much dressing and only 4 shrimp added to the salad for $4. My husband had the fettuccine alfredo which was good. The best part of the meal was the bread they bring with olive oil and balsamic. The waitstaff sings songs to the tables which was kind of awkward for me but the other guests seemed to enjoy it. We always go to Mimi's Cafe just down the street but thought we would break out of our routine....we will stick with Mimi's next time.

• Visited August 2011
Belfast, Ireland
“Very good food.”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

The food is top quality in this Macaroni Grill. We did however struggle to eat both a starter and a main course as the servings were so big.
Steaks are cooked to perfection and if you like calamari this is one of the best places to get it.

• Visited July 2011