“High-end dining at great prices”

Sonoma Cellars Steakhouse at Sunset Station
Ranked #85 of 679 Restaurants in Henderson
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sunset / Stephanie/Marks
Henderson, Nevada
“High-end dining at great prices”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The menu was creative, the food perfectly prepared and the service was out of this world! I was shocked when I got the tab because it was so affordable considering the quality of the food and the elegant ambiance.

Boston
“Best food in the Sunset - priced right”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Compared to the other dining options at the Sunset this is twice the price but still 1/2 of what you would pay down on LVB. Wine list is extensive and priced pretty fairly. Food was high quality similiar to a Ruth's Chris or S&W but at a fraction of the price. The staff was very friendly but a little rough.

• Visited February 2013
Henderson
“Perfect date night”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We decided to try Sonoma Cellars for a belated Valentines dinner. The service was outstanding and the food was fabulous. We had the sirloin steak meal and the prime rib meal. Both cuts were cooked to order, the twice baked potato our server suggested was fantastic. Dessert was included with our meals, we had cheesecake and lemon cake, both very good. Food great. Service great. Atmosphere great! Perfect choice!

• Visited February 2013
Fremont, California
1,649 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,775 helpful votes
“Good Food, Large Portions”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went on a Friday night after one of us had a late flight into Las Vegas. The place is open till 11:00 on Friday night. Nice decor; and we were quickly seated at 10:00 p.m. into a very comfortable booth. The server took our drink orders and brought us some bread. We then ordered their special - a $25.00 meal complete with salad, main course, and dessert. This is a "steal". Our salads were tasty and good; one of us had salmon, I had steak. Both good and very generous portions; we took home left overs. They then brought out dessert - you had your choice of lemon cake or carrot cake. When we saw how huge the portions were, we asked for the carrot cake to be boxed, which we enjoyed the following night.

We also had comps to pay for the entire bill except for $2.00 of the bill. So a really good dinner out, complete with quality left overs.

Food is good - we also enjoyed a nice glass of wine with our meals (also comped).

So, if you need a late night place to eat with generous portions and good food and service, its a good place to go. It does not have the STRIP vibe, but the prices are also not Strip prices.

• Visited January 2013
Henderson, Nevada
“Expected Better After Being Regulars for Years”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We have been going to Sonoma since it opened.The food quality seems to have been discounted and they have cheap specials along side steak house plates.Some times I think they get them mixed up.You get what you pay for?
It use to be the best. The last couple of years the food has been up and down.Its like gambling.The service is always good and thats what brings us back.
We had dinner there a week ago.
I noticed my Lobster looked like the cheap lobster like in the special, not the $40.00 western austral lobster I ordered.Oh well!

I took a bite of my wife's steak and a piece of meat lodged in my throat.
I took my drink and tried to wash it down but it caused a gage reflex and I spit part of the meat and drink into my napkin and on my plate.I notice Mark the manager and asked for some water which he brought to me.I drank some water and began to have trouble breathing again.I headed for the mens room to try to gage myself again.When I can out the paramedics were there and checked to see if I was ok.
I then went back to the table to get my jacket I was shook up.The manger ask if we wanted our meals moved to another table because ours didn't look so good.I said no.
I was still shook up, and I was not hungry anymore.(you can understand why)
The manger asked if we wanted our check. I said yes while I sat in the bar area at a table.
He seemed more concerned about the check getting paid than if I was ok.

When I got the check I signed the check gave our server $20.00 and went strait home where I found there was still a piece of meat in my throat and coughed it out. With this I started to feel better.
I took out my receipt and noticed that I had been charged for a $40.00 lobster
and the steak that almost took my life even though I never got passed the first bites.
We will most likely not return to Sonoma Cellar Steakhouse
The lobster they are buying should be at the buffet.

• Visited January 2013