“A small strip mall Chinese & Thai Restaurant worth finding”
Review of Bangkok Orchid

Bangkok Orchid
Ranked #341 of 679 Restaurants in Henderson
Cuisines: Thai
Walla Walla, Washington
“A small strip mall Chinese & Thai Restaurant worth finding”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

After a visit to the Ethel M chocolate facotry (across the street) I used my Trip Advisor Mobile to find some Thai food close. I was amazed to find a very highly rated restaurant right across the street form where I was standing.

We went straight there. This place is in a strip mall and in a really pretty hidden partof thsi project but with navigation we were able to go right there. ON arrival we made a comforting discovery, the Bangkok Orchid has been voted many times as a "Best Place" in Las Vegas area.

We went right in and it was mostly empty, (it was a little after 3pm) so we were seated immediatley by a very pleasant woman. The restaurant is small but well decorated and very clean. We were watered and offered other drinks and given menus which included the full menu and a lunch special menu.

The menu is extensive and covers Chinese and Thai pretty well. We both chose from the Lunch Special menu.

When our food came (very quickly) it was on these fabulous wooden trays...kind of a very upscale cafreteria tray which was pleasant. On eo fthe things I noted on the menu was that the lunches came with a green salad with house dressing. I thought this odd but I love salad.

When I took my first bite of this salad I wanted nothing but more of that salad. I do not know what the dressing was but it if fantastic. They use fried won-ton for croutons and the flavor combination is perfect. It is really really good.

The rest of the tray held more amazing flavors. I do not know what kind of rice they used for their steamed rice or how they prepare it but it, too, is a major part of this culinary show! My wife is a major rice lover and she was gaga (without the meat dress) over this rice! I also had a cashew chicken dish. This was a little bland but the addition of some red chili oil and it was right there..totally good with a bit of heat.

We had been walking a lot at the chocolate factory and Hoover Dam so we only had water. Our bill was under $13! This is a place that I would go a LOT if I lived around here. OH, and they deliver!

• Visited January 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Solid Food - Good Service”
Reviewed June 3, 2011

I've been going to Bangkok for years and have always enjoyed the experience. It's very casual but elegant in it's own way. Very good food options and good service. I've probably gone 30 times in the last 8 years and have never been disappointed.

Visited December 2010
“Excellent food and great service.”
Reviewed May 15, 2010

Excellent food and great service.