“Johnny Mac's We won't be comin' back.”
Review of Johnny Mac's

Johnny Mac's
Ranked #30 of 675 Restaurants in Henderson
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Las Vegas
“Johnny Mac's We won't be comin' back.”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Friday night, 6 PM and the place is filled, perhaps from a leftover end of week Happy Hour. The sign says it was established in 1984 and that's is the decor. White table cloths were a nice touch. We were shown to a booth and given menus and began a wait. No returned eye contact from what appeared to be wait staff. A young man brought us a drink order, which for us was water with lemon. Large glass and good water. The wait was a bit longer than it should have been, enough for my wife to say, "There's a dollar off the tip." Immediately a waiter appeared and went to the table accross the aisle from us to a table that had just been seated. "If that's our waiter, that's two dollars off." Sure enough, our waiter. One of the items was Fish & Chips and directly beneath was "a cup of Clam Chowder." We asked if the order included both items and he replied. "No, we didn't print the menu." We ordered the chowder and the Fish & chips. The chowder was quite good. The Fish & Chips was also very good. The cole slaw had a nice tang. I ordered a hamburger from their very large assortment. I had looked at their pasta dishes and noticed no one seemed to be having pasta in our area so decided the their top of the line burger was what I would have. It is called "The Works." Half pound pattie with bacon and raw onions and cheese. It was supposed to have had onion rings, I didn't see them.The burger was pretty flat and tasteless. The fries were probably made in house, very similar to In-N-Out fries. Temperature of both orders was barely warm. They were probably waiting to be picked up. As the food was delivered, I asked the waiter for Ranch Dressing for the fries. This was dropped off quickly as he passed by. That was the last interaction we had until, "Did you leave enough room for dessert?" I have rarely left less than a twenty per cent tip. Our young fellow got a bit more than 10. Twelve bucks is not a fortune for a burger but it still should be hot. I did not use the men's room but I understand the ladies room was filthy.

• Visited April 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Best chicken caesar salad I have ever had !”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Not much to say other than it was the best caesar salad I have ever had ... apparently a lot of people say that, the server said .
I also had a bloody Mary that was very good ...

Visited February 2012
Honolulu, HI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Johnny Macs / Chef Chris rocks!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2008

The food is great thanks to the natural talent of the Chef, Chris Sailer. His dishes are flavorful and very creative. Real home grown comfort food.....You name it he can create it!! Awesome job Chris!!

1 Thank cosmogirlhi
Las Vegas Valley
“A henderson staple.”
Reviewed September 24, 2007

I've been going to this place since it was originally opened as "Casa Verde" in 1984. It's been great watching the place expand and do well.

John has done a great job supporting the local school teams and creating a fun atmosphere.

To this day, my favprite sandwich is still the Johnny Mac Chicken Sandwich; a chicken finger sandwich that will knock your socks off.

The pizza and wings are the best in the neighborhood, though usually a bit more expensive than at other places, but worth the extra buck or two.

1 Thank Cube44