“So surprisingly sad : (”
Review of Lion Habitat Ranch

and up
Lion Habitat Ranch: General Admission with Optional Behind-the-Scenes Tour
Ranked #1 of 66 things to do in Henderson
Reviewed April 19, 2014

So sad to see these beautiful lions in a cage without anything from their natural environment. The babies are taken from their mother and are bottled feed and are raised in cages with nothing in them. I ask myself why? Don't get me wrong I love well kepted zoos. This habitat is like a lion jail. The lions have a bucket of water and have a couple of balls and maybe a log inside and that's it. Shame on MGM. You think with all their money they could upgrade the lions cages.

21  Thank Janet B

Reviewed April 18, 2014

This week we have done the MJ One Show, Recycled Percussion, Climbing in Red Rock Park and each of these were fantastic but my favorite was the Lion Habitat Ranch. You get to be right up close to the lions and that provides are greater appreciation for how truly awesome these animals are. Their eyes are magnificent and their paws are powerful. And they range in size from 300 to 500 pounds of pure muscle. They are clearly well taken care of. While there, several of them were quite playful including an occasional roar which you could feel through your bones. Also the staff was super friendly and helpful in answering questions. It was clear this is run by people passionate about what they are doing. It came through from everyone we talked to. I highly recommend this experience.

p.s. I have used trip advisor for a while but this is my first post. I liked this experience so much that I felt compelled to write about it.

2  Thank Dsunderhaft
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I took my son here April 4th and had an amazing afternoon. The atmosphere is so tranquil and peaceful. Hearing and seeing the lions in a similar environment as possible to the wild was something else. Seeing lions interact, cubs play, roaring lions, etc was like no other experience. The trainers are so knowledge and really do love and care for these animals as if their own house pet. If you want away from the hustle of the strip for a bit I highly recommend taking the trip out to this ranch, you wont regret the afternoon. It is well priced, very welcoming and friendly. We will definitely be going back every time we are in Vegas.

3  Thank SG0307
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed our visit. Couldn't afford to have the experience with the cubs, by enjoyed walking around nonetheless. Keepers were all very friendly and informative. Took some great pics at the Jeep photo op area.

1  Thank mammalovescake
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This place is great! They have cute cubs and friendly staff. The group male lion roaring is really something you have to experience live and in person. They have a safe and fun (free) photo opp. A staff member tosses meat onto a platform behind plexiglass and looks like the lion wants to eat your kids in the photo.