“Good light dinner”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Minden, NV
“Good light dinner”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We love Tapas and decided to try Firefly. Prices reasonable...$39 for 2 drinks and 4 small plates. Actually ordered 5 small dishes - but one arrived so late, we declined it. Service was friendly and quick - terrific with the one exception of missing one dish. Nice view.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Sharron G

ca
“Not as good as before”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We were looking forward to visit Firefly and were disappointed. Our last two visits were at the Paradise Road location. Since we stayed in Henderson this time, we decided to eat here instead of driving to Vegas.

We ordered the original mojito and red sangria. The sangria tasted weak and lacked the flavor from what I had last time. We ordered wrapped dates, steak and mushroom skewer, grilled octopus, and babyback ribs. The bacon (wrapped dates) was overcooked that took away the sweetness from the dates. The steak was cook perfectly with the right amount of sauce. The grilled octopus was very blend and tasted bitter from the over charring. The babyback was tender but the sauce was too salty.

I am not sure if all the Firefly restaurants are like this one, but the food definitely did not taste as good as what I had experienced last time. I won’t be back.

• Visited January 2014
Boulder City, Nevada
“Not Like the Original, Not even Close!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I've been a lover of Firefly on Paradise for years, it's always been my, "go to place", for out of town guests or special family events we have. Sure, the food and drinks are somewhat pricey but if I was looking for outstanding food, service and the best Sangria and Mojitos in town, this is where we chose to spend our money. I've now visited the location on Eastern for the third time, twice for dinner and yesterday's lunch and each time it just misses the mark. The first thing we noticed was that the place was empty except for a couple on the balcony at almost Noon? After asking the waitress to turn down the music so we could hear, I asked her if this was common to be empty at lunchtime. She said it was unfortunately not uncommon which made me somewhat skeptical. There were three of us and we ordered quite a generous variety of foods. I must say not a single dish was memorable and some were just plain inexcusable. At the other location, there's an atmosphere which is enticing and a waitstaff which goes above and beyond to make your experience positive but this lunch missed the mark. The food dribbled out slowly and I was annoyed that the little shell macaroni in the Manchego mac & cheese tasted gluey like it had been made yesterday and the chicken skewers which we ordered two orders of arrived charred black and so dry they were inedible. It was obvious the chicken had been burned so why would they serve it? The chicken was not only burnt charred but it had no taste other than that of a charcoal briquet and was laying on a pile of overcooked veggies which is new. My typically favorite dish, shrimp diablo, was served in it's tasty sauce but the shrimp size was very disappointing. The eggplant dish was cold, boring and also an extremely small portion. We ordered the roasted red potatoes in an aioli sauce which were noticeably dried up, sticky not fluffy and freshly prepared. All this was particularly annoying because we spent a lot of money here since it was my daughter's birthday lunch and I had a friend along who's never eaten at Firefly and was looking forward to eating a delicious meal as I described from past experience. NOT!

• Visited October 2013
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Great range of Tapas with a bit of a view of the City”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Wrapped Stuffed Dates are phenomenal and difficult to stop eating. The rest of the menu is also of the highest quality and has plenty to suit all tastes. No pressure to eat loads, as little or as much as you want. The service is friendly and efficient and there is also a fair view of Vegas from the upstairs seating area. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2013
Henderson, Nevada
“good at half the price of the strip”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Hi. yesterday we went to the firefly. we had the salmon toast, cheese fries and shrimp tempura and beverages. total about 20 bucks. this filled us both up as apposed some tampas place in the aria where we spent a 100 and left hungry. you can sit outside and have a terrific view of the valley of lights if its dark out. lots of choices. probably about 30 to 40 different things on the menu. we will be back. cant go wrong here.

• Visited September 2013