“Great Place”

Aston MonteLago Village Resort
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed November 2, 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at the MonteLago over Halloween. The BMX riders, haunted house and candy for the kids was fun. The music on Friday and Saturday was really good. When we were leaving Sunday, they were getting ready for a car show. It is located a ways from the strip, however, we have done the strip so many times and wanted something different. The service was great and the room was exactly what we booked. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We stayed at the Luna across the lake, which we preferred. It was a nice walk over the bridge into the village. The kids at the front desk were very helpful and happily printed our boarding passes for our flight. We had more fun at the little casino on the premises than we did at Sunset, which is huge. I would highly recommend this resort for a fun and relaxing weekend. We are looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kttr0ut

Reviewed October 18, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this resort for one week in a one bedroom apartment. The resort was nice, but the downturn in the economy certainly has taken its toll on this resort. When we checked in we discovered we were missing several of the very basic amenities such as an alarm clock, cutlery, ice bucket etc. later we discovered after the dishwasher was running that the drainage was so bad the dishwasher flooded the whole counter with dirty water - disgusting. The problem was fixed but no apology from the resort.
Even though the resort itself was nice I would not recommend this resort for the above reasons and also the fairly remote location. Everything is a half hour drive from the resort.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank canadianviking
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Just returned from the Monte Lago with my wife and 2 kids ages (7) and (12). We stayed in the one bedroom Viera Building. This resort is awesome. It's very quiet because you are approximately 30 minutes from the strip. The resort sits on Lake Las Vegas so your views are great. The resort has an Italian Village theme, with an Irish Pub, Mexican, and Italian places to eat. There are small quint shops and snack places.

If you rent a car, you are approximately 10 minutes from a shopping mall. There are other places to eat outside of the resort, however, it is best to rent a car. You can shop and buy groceries to prepare meals in the room. You are about 30 minutes from the Hoover Dam. This hotel is very neat and well maintained. You probably will have the swimming pool to yourselves.

During the weekend they have musical shows on the water stage. Your kids can fish along the shoreline. The fish are huge. You can rent an electric boat or 2 man fishing boat to enjoy the water.

If you are looking for a party place, then stay on the strip. If your looking to chill, enjoy family time and travel at your own pace to the Strip. This is the place for you. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank madmantt
Reviewed October 1, 2009

My husband and I checked in on a Saturday for 1 night. We stayed in the Luna building. We had a studio with a balcony overlooking the pool and lake/village. The room was large, nicely decorated and very clean. There was a kitchen with everything you would need if you were going to cook, pots, utensils, dish soap, dishes,paper towels,toaster, coffee pot, blender and so on. A fridge/ice bucket freezer so no watery ice to deal with. Dishwasher, tea kettle, microwave and more. The bed had nice clean white sheets with lots of pillows and extra in the closet. The couch and table/chair area was spacious, very roomy to our surprise. The bathroom is huge with a shower and very large separate tub. The balcony had a table and 2 chairs. There was underground free parking, a big plus there because one of the other hotels in the village charges $20 to valet and does not offer self parking. There is a fitness room which looked nice, and the pool looked awesome with a hot tub. We didn't use either but the pool is open 24 hours which I think is great and will be sure to use next time we go. The hotel has quiet hours from 10pm to 9am which is wonderful. There is a laundry room also which is convenient. If you want to get to the village from the Luna building you must walk accross the bridge which is a nice few minutes walk. The bridge has nice views and architecture. When we checked out we asked to see a studio and suite in the Viera building. The studio was equipped with all of the same features but the decor was a little more warm and is right in the village so you don't have to walk the bridge to get to the village. We also looked at a 2 bedroom suite and that was very nice and like being at home. The suite had a full kitchen/full fridge so you can spend an extendend period of time there with the family and have all of the comforts of home. There were 2 pools for the Viera building and the lobby was beautiful, the staff were very friendly and accomodating. For us, it was a perfect trip and we are already planning our next stay. We went on a Saturday so there was Jazz on the Lake, there were different bands/musicians playing at certain spots in the village so everywhere you went, you could hear music. It was great, the atmosphere in the evening was calm and friendly and a stop at Tutti Gelatto is a must. There were art galleries to wander into and different shops to check out. You can go on a cruise, gondola, pontoon boat, peddle boat if you like or you can stay on land as we did and check out the lake from the village. Living in Las Vegas we were looking for a getaway that did not revolve around gaming and although there is a casino there, you never have to enter it if you choose not to. It is not like the strip where you have to go through the casino to get to everything and this is why we chose Montelago. An all around perfect stay. Thank you Montelago!

Reviewed September 27, 2009

This was our second visit and won't be our last. Ideal relaxing break after 4 hectic non stop days on the strip. Pick up your hire car from the airport for the short 17 mile drive to the Montelago Village Resort stopping for groceries at Albertson's or Food 4 Less on the way. This Italian style Vilage on the lake has everything including it's own casino! The resort is very quiet and relaxing but can be busy as there are events such as concerts, jaz festivals, sows etc. There are a number of restaurants and shops in the village ( bit pricey) and 2 large pools with towels provided. Most apartments are equipped with kitchen, dishwasher etc and there is also a guest laundry on the lower floor. Guests can park their car in the underground car park where there is plenty of space available. Easy access to the Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon Skywalk and cheaper than the organized trips. Try the sunset pasta cruise around the lake or walk across the 'ponte vecchio ' to the Ritz Carlton Hotel for a fantastic view of the village at night. You will not be disappointed with this resort!

Reviewed September 22, 2009

We stayed in a 1 bedroom Viera Condo-hotel. It had a great view of the pool, lake and mountains. The condo was beautifully decorated and the full kitchen was a great bonus! The staff was great and assisted with luggage if needed.

The Village was buzzing with people and energy. There were concerts in the park, entertainment at each of the restaurants and something cool called Jam-eoke, which is Karaoke to a live band at the Mexican restaurant. It was a hoot! I played the bongos!

The food at all restaurants was amazing. Some of the best meals I've had in Nevada!

The quiet ambience of the village is so relaxing and I had some of my best conversations with friends while relaxing on a park bench near the lake. The buildings were built and designed to look like you are in Italy and built hundreds of years ago!!

Hoover Dam, Lake Mead and the Grand Canyon were close by for some day hikes too!

Reviewed September 3, 2009

I had the opportinity to spend five days and four nights at Montelago Village. I was in a one bedroom unit in the East building of Luna de Lusso, with a beautiful view of the pool and the lake. Luna di Lusso is a two building complex across the Ponte Vecchio bridge from Montelaggo Village. My unit was very spacious, modern, bright, clean and air conditoned. It was a treat to have an well equipped efficiency kitchen so that I didn't have to eat out for every meal. The underground parking was especially welcome as the temperature reached 108 on most days. Upon my arrival Thursday, I took time to walk around Montelago village to acquaint myself with the ammenities. It was quiet most everywhere, and very relaxing. After a day of sun tanning by the pool, Friday night, motown music lured me from my balcony to the main stage located on the lake, in the village. Here I found a hillside of other guests enjoying the entertainment provided by the "Drifter's Review" . Three hours of motown that kept all of us entertained. Saturday night, was the same, except this time I was greeted with fine jazz music. I took the opportunity to enjoy dinner at Bernard's Bistro adjacent to the main stage to enjoy the music. Again, this venue was well attended. I recommend Bernard's for both the food; creative, tasty and well presented, and the service, timing and politeness is everything. During my stay, I also dined at the Mexican restaurant just across the bridge. The food was tasty, with large portions. I was there on a Sunday evening. I and others enjoyed being entertained by a talented jazz singer. The lobby, pool and fitness facilities at Luna di Lusso matched those of other high quality resorts where I have stayed. The village, although still quiet during the week, fills up nicely on weekends. The Casino is beautifully decorated and well staffed, and there are a variety of retailers in the village. It took me about 20 minutes to drive from the airport to Montelago Village. My car was equipped with a GPS, making it easy to find. My groceries were purchased at Albertsons in Henderson about a 5 minute drive from the Village. Lake Mead National Park is just 5 minutes East of Montelago Village and a $5.00 pass buys you 5 days access to the park. There are miles and miles of bike trails in the park, making me wish I had mine along, as well as lots of access to boat rentals on Lake Mead. The views in this area are astounding. Another 15 minutes drive from the park access brings you to the Hoover Dam, which continues to amaze me. Boulder City is also close. I spent one afternoon shopping at Galleria At Sunset, which I think is the closest mall. I had plenty of stores to choose from. Having been to the Las Vegas strip many times before, I thought I'd try this as a change. I was worried that I might become bored, but on the contrary, I found my stay relaxing, and I the enjoyed the fresh air, friendly people and staff. Due to the economy, this area has had some negative press; however, I can only see good things happening here. It's an beautiful oasis in the desert, and I would recommend it for those tired of the chaotic scene of the strip.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa

Been to Aston MonteLago Village Resort? Share your experiences!